Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 18th July 2016, 14:00   #886
BHPian

Default Re: Review : ResQtech 8 litre pressure/Spray washer

How is your pump performing now? Still happy with your buy?
oldshivabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 11:12   #887
Senior - BHPian

Default Bosch Shine On Weekend at Bangalore - 30-Jul-2016

Bosch Power Tools India are conducting the following event on 30-Jul-2016 in Bangalore.
Quote:
Hello Bangalore! Join us this Saturday to witness the powerful cleaning of our range of high-pressure washers. A fun-filled and equally enriching day awaits you!

A fun-filled Saturday with Bosch Power Tools India where you can learn all about transforming your cars & bikes to sparkling clean vehicles.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-13873053_1123037191104967_3258083036220297360_n.jpg
Facebook Link

While it might turn out to be a sales promotion for their washing equipment, I hope it also benefits owners by showing them how to effectively use Bosch pressure washers/attachments. It'll be even nicer if they offer some deals/discounts to those who attend.

PS: I've no affiliation with Bosch.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:58   #888
BHPian

Default Re: Bosch Shine On Weekend at Bangalore - 30-Jul-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Bosch Power Tools India are conducting the following event on 30-Jul-2016 in Bangalore.
I was invited to this event, gave it a go to check it out. Bosch launched 3 new Pressure washers ranging from 11K to 14K.

They had MUV,Hatchback, a Bike and a lot of muddy water. The 3 Pressure washers which were launched each of them cater to a particular category of the vehicle hence these 3 vehicles.

The participants were asked to abuse these vehicles by throwing the muddy water on them so that they look as dirty as possible and later wash these vehicles using the newly launched products and bring them back to life and make them shine once again.

These pressure washers are portable and are very light, you can carry them where ever you want to. All you need is a pipe with running water and electricity and wherever you are that place turns into a Service station :P

You get different type of connectors like one where you can add Liquid/Detergent and a Brush(Seen in the video below) which helps in cleaning the car really well.

Below is the video that I shot during the launch !!

PS: I'm not associated with Bosch, I was invited to take a look at these products
mohammedismail is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 16:11   #889
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

It is precisely these two requirements which are often a problem in apartments- no running water and no electricity.
honeybee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 16:18   #890
Senior - BHPian

Fresh sprayed muck never poses a problem. That can be cleaned even with hose pressure. It is the hardened ,caked muck that takes the effort. Heck even with high end consumer grade pressure washers it is not possible to remove the dried muck completely.

I feel the advertisement is slightly misleading!
sagarpadaki is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:36   #891
Senior - BHPian

I am unable to find a reliable service and repair center for Bosch pressure washer. Mine desperately needs service. Anyone had any experience of serviing Bosch PW please do share.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2016, 20:22   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I am unable to find a reliable service and repair center for Bosch pressure washer. Mine desperately needs service. Anyone had any experience of serviing Bosch PW please do share.
Any idea what the issue is ? is there oil beneath the unit ?

I had a Bosch Aquatak 100 (older model, probably when it was first introduced in india), there was oil leaking from the pump. The gasket went bad and had to be replaced. Within few months the new ones went bad again. Servicing was quite expensive, guess it was around 3-4K. To my surprise the service center guys closed shop permanently. Hope you dont have the older model that I have. Mine should be above 5 years old, you will not find part for it if its older models. Also, buying from US will cost you 3/4th of the new one.

I have teared down the whole pump, its just 3 rubber rings that causing the issue. but those rings very important because these are piston pumps. I was told by Bosch that the newer model will not have that issue because of the modifications to the pump. No personal experience on the newer ones.

Important Note: Anyone who has Aquatak ones, keep using them often, like atleast once in 2 weeks. Advise from the service guys for older models.

Last edited by ramharis : 5th August 2016 at 20:24. Reason: Quoting
ramharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 12:27   #893
Senior - BHPian

Bosch AQT 35-12 is available on Amazon lightening deal for Rs. 8399.

I am not sure if this is the best price, but I leave it to interested readers to explore further.

Happy cleaning!
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 17:14   #894
BHPian

Default Re: Review : ResQtech 8 litre pressure/Spray washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
After reading a lot of reviews...
I decided to buy this unit for Rs.2200 off of amazon.
I ordered after reading your review.

Quote:
Ordering:
Easy enough, amazon.
+1 to that.

Quote:
Delivery..
they prefer speedpost. It will arrive, but at its own leisure.
Reached lightning fast in my case as Belgaum is nearer to Pune. Postal authorities called me on Sunday night at 9:00pm to confirm my address. Mind blowing!!

Quote:
But the unit is hardy enough to survive the government which is commendable in our day and age.
The unit apparently seems to be manufactured in China. The thumb switch to activate the spray has Chinese inscriptions. That said, it is a sturdy one though.

Quote:
This is my first step to reignite the passion.
Ah.. The same emotions here.

Quote:
Anyway, its basic. Fill it up, pump it up, spray it out.
It has 2 attachments. A VERY soft brush, which kept me engaged with its fluffiness for a bit. Water runs through it, and its VERY good at getting the dust off your car.
That's that. Any hopes that it can wash down the muck will also water down. The bristles are very soft. Good to wash down the dust. Mud splashes around the skirt is difficult to remove with this.

To sum up, I feel its a decent buy at the price point it sells (Rs.2,200/-). Doesn't require electricity. Good for regular washing. The micro fiber cloth included in the package is also of decent quality. For serious washes involving removal of under body dirt, dried muck, etc., the high pressure wash of your FNWS is where your car needs to go.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2016, 17:42   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Adding the list of authorised service centers for your reference. Sri Varu has good service towards customers.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20160807_114205_hdr.jpg
unk9ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 22:04   #896
BHPian

I bought the Bosch aqt 45-14X on snap deal for about 21K. How do I connect it to the tap? Is there an adaptor that I have to buy separately? I already have a hose connected to the tap. Is there a way I can connect the hose to the pressure washer? Thanks.
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 23:16   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I bought the I already have a hose connected to the tap.
That's fine. Doesn't matter how the hose is connected at the tap end

Quote:
Is there a way I can connect the hose to the pressure washer? Thanks.
Yes, you do need to get an adapter, of the push-clip type, pioneered (I think) by the Hozelock company and now widely copied.

This kind of thing (Amazon).

You will need to get the right size depending on the size of your hose. 1/2 or 3/4 inch, usually.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 19:18   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Used it today for the first time and its great value for money.
Hey Alston,

Is this pressure washer still doing duty at your place?

My karcher unit broke down yet again. I need to junk it although the motor is perfect! :(
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 14:09   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hey Alston,

Is this pressure washer still doing duty at your place?

My karcher unit broke down yet again. I need to junk it although the motor is perfect! :(

yes, this is working fine, although had changed the gun attachment a year back since it was not used for a long time, probably the apparatus inside got jammed.
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 14:35   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
yes, this is working fine.
I am planning to get the head replaced in my karcher as it was not pumping at high speed. It has been unused for more than a year. Very unhappy with it actually.
diyguy is online now   Reply With Quote