Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th July 2018, 22:59   #991
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Question - Does it need the 16A source or can I use plug adapter and use it with normal 6A source safely? Thanks
Buy a 16 amp plug socket and wire and Do a diy extension box. I made this myself this and use this every week for washing my Nexon with Bosch AQT 37-13 plus
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 11:59   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, just bought the AQT 35-12 but the plug is of 16 A. Started searching for more information and came across this wonderful thread.
Unfortunately, I have no 16 A plug close by to wash place (the nearest one is about 40 feet away) and even the heavy duty 16A extension cords available in Amazon are of max 4m length which does not suffice.

Question - Does it need the 16A source or can I use plug adapter and use it with normal 6A source safely? Thanks
Give it to the local electrician shop. He'll add as many meters of wire as you need.
maverhick is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 20:34   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
Give it to the local electrician shop. He'll add as many meters of wire as you need.
It might void the warranty. Extension box is a better option.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2018, 21:00   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, just bought the AQT 35-12 but the plug is of 16 A. Question - Does it need the 16A source or can I use plug adapter and use it with normal 6A source safely? Thanks
I've posted my thoughts on this here: bosch-aqt-35-12
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2018, 23:18   #995
BHPian

Default BOSCH vs KARCHER

So my almost a decade old Bosch aquatak plus is running on its last legs. Leaks oil, has become noisier and the worst part is local Bosch outlet cannot repair it since the model is quite old.
I am thinking of buying a Karcher product this time, K3 to be exact, since I have heard that newer BOSCH products suffer from inferior quality.
Fellow bhpians who use pressure washers, your opinions will be highly appreciated.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2018, 11:48   #996
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
I was targeting a Karcher K2 but after going through this thread have decided to buy one with a metal head with a budget of 15-16K tops.
Can someone pl tell me what to buy with the relevant links/place to buy in Bangalore.
Thx.
PS Also which one would be better w.r.t service/accessory pricing? As I understand this is not a buy & forget kind of product.
Quoting myself here, I enquired about Karcher K3 premium from Karcher Bangalore dealer & he quoted 16.5K(similar to amazon). The bad part is the 1 year warranty applicable to only motor & not accessories.
Whereas in UK they give 3-5 years warranty. Does it conclude that they make inferior products for price sensitive markets like India?
Doesn't give much confidence to proceed I should say.
raihan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote