Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th September 2010, 00:18   #121
AWD
BANNED

More keen on local prices, differences should be small.

I think the members who have quoted low prices may be having some confusion regarding models.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 14:25   #122
Senior - BHPian

Guys,I have a problem with my Aquatek plus.The water pipe which i connect at inlet keeps popping out when i start using the machine.The back pressure is too much for the pipe to be in place.How to make it stay put in the place?I connect the pipe directly to the inlet.Also what pipe size should i use?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 11th September 2010 at 14:27.
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 15:20   #123
BHPian

You can do two things.
Either try and tie it to the tap with a piece of rope or get a metal fastener which is also used inside your engine bay to tighten the air filter hose securely by screwing it tight. They come in small sizes as well at hardware shops. Look inside your engine bay to get an idea, I don't know the exact name for it. I bought a pair today itself.

For the pipe size, just use the normal one suitable for your tap.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 11th September 2010 at 15:22.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 15:34   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

In UK we call the Jubilee clips --- maybe after a long-forgotten brand, I don't know, but here they seem to be called just hose clips.

Name:  clip.jpg
Views: 2420
Size:  65.2 KB

Alternatively, there is the adapter that fits to the tap with a click-on/click-off fitting on the hose. These are very good, and commonly available in UK garden shops. Although they are rare here, my pressure washer came with a set supplied. It is the same as clicks onto the input of the washer itself.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 15:58   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys,I have a problem with my Aquatek plus.The water pipe which i connect at inlet keeps popping out when i start using the machine.The back pressure is too much for the pipe to be in place.How to make it stay put in the place?I connect the pipe directly to the inlet.Also what pipe size should i use?
reduce the inlet water pressure by 2 turns..it usually works!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 16:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
reduce the inlet water pressure by 2 turns..it usually works!
Sorry to have not made myself clear.by inlet i mean the inlet of the aquatek and not the water tap.the pipe at the tap end will be fine.but its the pipe at the aquatek end that keeps popping out.
Old 11th September 2010, 17:02   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
In UK we call the Jubilee clips --- maybe after a long-forgotten brand, I don't know, but here they seem to be called just hose clips.

Attachment 421972

Alternatively, there is the adapter that fits to the tap with a click-on/click-off fitting on the hose. These are very good, and commonly available in UK garden shops. Although they are rare here, my pressure washer came with a set supplied. It is the same as clicks onto the input of the washer itself.

Yea,i do have these along with the plugs.But as i said the problem with is at the aquatec inlet and not of the tap.

Aquatec users,can you please share the size of the garden pipe you are using?like 1/2",3/4"
Old 11th September 2010, 17:25   #128
Senior - BHPian

I too was thinking of getting one! especially for the underbody cleaning!

but I read through the whole thread and a few others and it seems Aquatek kinda conks off after some use??

Is it true?(any approx life?)
Precautions/tips to prevent premature motor burnout/ unit death?
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 18:26   #129
BHPian

Sagarpadaki,
well , i have been using this device for about an year now. I have taken a slightly undersized hose, burnt it the open end of the hose to the extend of the inlet's length of the Aquatek and just fixed it. It holds on very tight once the hose cools down. Its working really well.

Sohail,

as i have mentioned above, i have been using this for about any year & am very happy with no problems till now.One needs to follow the simple instructions given and it will serve to your requirement well. It saves a lot of time by cutting visits to the wash centers and waiting.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 11th September 2010 at 18:30.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 19:57   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I too was thinking of getting one! especially for the underbody cleaning!

but I read through the whole thread and a few others and it seems Aquatek kinda conks off after some use??

Is it true?(any approx life?)
Precautions/tips to prevent premature motor burnout/ unit death?
I have been using the aquatec 100 plus for 2 years now.Its awesome !Never gave any problem.Go for it.It will help you in your car detailing sessions also by ripping off stubborn dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Sagarpadaki,
well , i have been using this device for about an year now. I have taken a slightly undersized hose, burnt it the open end of the hose to the extend of the inlet's length of the Aquatek and just fixed it. It holds on very tight once the hose cools down. Its working really well.

Could you please take a pic of it post.It will be really helpful in understanding.thanks
Old 11th September 2010, 22:10   #131
BHPian

You can use those metal clips at the Aquatak's inlet end. Try it.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2010, 22:48   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yea,i do have these along with the plugs.But as i said the problem with is at the aquatec inlet and not of the tap.
Then you should have one of these. It will click-fit onto the aquatec. Your supplier should have given you one (or even sold you one!)

Name:  fitting.jpg
Views: 2107
Size:  45.0 KB

I think my hose is 3/4 inch. I think this particular fitting is a half inch one, but the only difference is --- size!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 09:28   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to have not made myself clear.by inlet i mean the inlet of the aquatek and not the water tap.the pipe at the tap end will be fine.but its the pipe at the aquatek end that keeps popping out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Then you should have one of these. It will click-fit onto the aquatec. Your supplier should have given you one (or even sold you one!)

Attachment 422209

I think my hose is 3/4 inch. I think this particular fitting is a half inch one, but the only difference is --- size!

Yup, you should have got the one shown in the picture. It works fine for me, ofcourse mine is just 4 months old and have done 2 dozen washes!!

BTW, any method how to use the soap / liquid gel bottle and get to spray the car.

Am unable to use the bottle with the pressure nozzles
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 09:45   #134
Senior - BHPian

I see only guys from Chennai/Bengaluru mostly involved! Or did I miss someone form Pune!

I am looking to buy this (Aquatak 100) from Pune, anyone who procured this from Pune kindly let me know!

Also I am to use this from a normal tap supply, though I did go through the thread, I would like to confirm that this works in that case!

Also, is there a considerable difference between the 100 and 100 Plus models?

I see that a few guys are using accessories like shampoo dispensers are these standard or should be bought separately?

Also I tried to search for the user manual for this product but could not find one, it would be great if someone could post that! My car manual says no pressure wash and hence I am concerned and wanted to be doubly sure about the decision!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 09:53   #135
BHPian

@awd/@sumitb,
Here are pics of the model box and the bill. I am sorry i quoted wrongly as Rs.6100/- but it was Rs.5900/- actually
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-dsc00374.jpg  

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-dsc00376.jpg  

rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote