Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 09:09   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,270
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default Re: Remapped VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI: 134 BHP, 320 Nm, 0 - 100 in 8.8 seconds

Man that's a big rat. You'd better do everything you can to stop this happening. Winter is coming and they are even more likely to seek the engine warmth when you park at night.

Also the complex wiring harness and electronics of VAG cars are a nightmare to replace or troubleshoot in case of rat bites. Do something radical now!
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 12:37   #77
BHPian
 
Immix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 90
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Remapped VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI: 134 BHP, 320 Nm, 0 - 100 in 8.8 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeru View Post
I had got it installed at the same place as yours. It was working all well for the first month but since then the headlight switch is malfunctioning.

Took it to the service station and explained the problem to service advisor then he straight away asked if I had connected any relay.

After removing the relay, the headlight switch started working normally.

Anyways it is good that you don't have this problem in your car.
After getting the relay installed in my car, I also faced some issues (flickering high beam, high beam turning off after some time, etc). My technician traced the issues to a fuse. By replacing that fuse with the one that allowed higher current, all headlight related issues went away. I don't remember the fuse number, but it definitely WASN'T the one associated with low beams and high beams (in the POLO fuse diagram). He traced the fuse by trial and error.
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 13:15   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Remapped VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI: 134 BHP, 320 Nm, 0 - 100 in 8.8 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
I don't remember the fuse number, but it definitely WASN'T the one associated with low beams and high beams (in the POLO fuse diagram). He traced the fuse by trial and error.
Thankyou Immix, how long have you been using this setup in your car?

Service advisor had told me that, the polo headlight switch cannot take that much load (90/100 setup) and few headlamp connectors have gone kaput due to this.
keeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 15:11   #79
BHPian
 
Immix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 90
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Remapped VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI: 134 BHP, 320 Nm, 0 - 100 in 8.8 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeru View Post
Thankyou Immix, how long have you been using this setup in your car?

Service advisor had told me that, the polo headlight switch cannot take that much load (90/100 setup) and few headlamp connectors have gone kaput due to this.
About a year now. But I don't have 90/100 setup. I have the projector (xenon HID) for low beam and halogen for high beam. I replaced the headlight assembly with an aftermarket one with LED lights and projectors.
Immix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 15:43   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Remapped VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI: 134 BHP, 320 Nm, 0 - 100 in 8.8 seconds

Good to see you sprucing up the ride, as you always do. After upgrading the lamps to 100/90, the reflectors in the HL assembly will start loosing its shine. Gets dull over a period of time & leads to poor lighting. Not sure if the reflectors can withstand the heat of high beam.
I've observed this in swift earlier when used the lamps with realy. Not sure about VW's. This is making me to stay away from upgrading the lamps.

I would advise to use external lamps that are meant for heavy duty purpose.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 28th September 2015 at 15:44. Reason: 12
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 18:06   #81
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (MH-01)
Posts: 809
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Remapped VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI: 134 BHP, 320 Nm, 0 - 100 in 8.8 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Good to see you sprucing up the ride, as you always do. After upgrading the lamps to 100/90, the reflectors in the HL assembly will start loosing its shine. Gets dull over a period of time & leads to poor lighting. Not sure if the reflectors can withstand the heat of high beam.
I've observed this in swift earlier when used the lamps with realy. Not sure about VW's. This is making me to stay away from upgrading the lamps.

I would advise to use external lamps that are meant for heavy duty purpose.
Using 100/90 bulbs with relay in my Vento for 2 years now, no issues faced whatsoever with the assembly. The relay had gone kaput once, it was changed.
salilpawar1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 23:45   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 3,086
Thanked: 5,794 Times
Default Re: Remapped VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI: 134 BHP, 320 Nm, 0 - 100 in 8.8 seconds

How's your car doing? How many kms have you driven post remap? Did you face any black smoke issues post remap? Sorry for many questions buddy. I drive a sx4 remapped by Wolf Moto and grand i10 with RD box.
Cheers!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th April 2016 at 23:46.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 18:02   #83
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: Remapped VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI: 134 BHP, 320 Nm, 0 - 100 in 8.8 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
How's your car doing? How many kms have you driven post remap? Did you face any black smoke issues post remap? Sorry for many questions buddy. I drive a sx4 remapped by Wolf Moto and grand i10 with RD box.
Cheers!
Car is doing fine.
Have clocked 22k kms.
No black smoke issues until n unless you are driving pedal to metal style.
brraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worlds fastest REVA! 0 - 100 under 5 seconds! cinclaturbo Modifications & Accessories 65 18th November 2016 16:09
VW developing 10-speed DSG and 134 BHP / Liter diesel nipcarlover The International Automotive Scene 15 13th May 2014 21:16
800 BHP, twin-engine Skoda Laura AWD. 0 - 100 in 2.5 seconds LOL_FWD The International Automotive Scene 22 29th November 2013 21:07
Dagger GT hypercar-2,000 hp, 300 plus MPH, 0-100 in 1.5 seconds....take that veyron! sidindica The International Automotive Scene 18 7th July 2010 11:45
Tata Indica : 0 - 100 under 8 seconds, 180 kph+, 7500 rpm GTO The Indian Car Scene 29 29th January 2005 00:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks