Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th July 2012, 02:23   #601
BHPian

Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Thank you for reviving this thread,
I just spent a horrible driving experience, with no road lights, 3-4 feets of road dugged up both sides and rain was making me drive like a ANT. The dugged up roads had water filled and if you dared to give pass to someone by driving towards it, BANG, your wheel is a feet down in mud or broken road and you would need mercy of By-passers or call a crane which would cost not less than a thousand rupees.

I would be buying new set next time I go out, My wipers are making squeaky noise and are not cleaning well.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 14:06   #602
Senior - BHPian

Got a Pair of hella wipers, just like the aerotwins, much better infact, and much cheaper.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 06:39   #603
Senior - BHPian

Just bought the Eco's for my Alto (they didn't have the 16" Aerotwin for left side) and the Aerotwins for my friends Accent. Th Eco's are good enough for this monsoon but for next year I'll go with the Aerotwins for sure. The Eco's aren't cleaning perfectly towards the top but they are good in the line of sight and besides got them for 198/- and the Aerotwins for 1400/-.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-bosch.jpg  

straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 09:24   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Got a Pair of hella wipers, just like the aerotwins, much better infact, and much cheaper.

Pramod
Kindly share car make, wiper size and most importantly cost.
thanks
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 11:22   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Kindly share car make, wiper size and most importantly cost.
thanks
Lancer, Too Lazy to check (hint: standard size), under 1000.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 12:07   #606
BHPian

I have used Bosch blades on all my cars, and I swear by them. Not only are they great quality, they last at least three monsoons, if not more.
What is needed always, at the start of the monsoons, and every two weeks or so thereafter, is to lightly clean the outside of the windshield with a damp cloth and any white toothpaste, Colgate or pepsodent, etc. This removes wax and oil buildup. I have had a clean windshield unfailingly.

Last edited by filcord : 21st July 2012 at 12:09.
filcord is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 15:41   #607
BHPian

I have had bad experiences consistently with 'Bosch' wipers and so has my friend. After 3 changes I have reverted to Honda stock. They leave traces on the windscreen after 2 months and barely move water after that. Same experience with my friend on his wagon-r both in Mumbai western suburbs. Of course we may be getting fakes, either way I will not be seeking them out.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 18:21   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
I have had bad experiences consistently with 'Bosch' wipers and so has my friend. After 3 changes I have reverted to Honda stock. They leave traces on the windscreen after 2 months and barely move water after that. Same experience with my friend on his wagon-r both in Mumbai western suburbs. Of course we may be getting fakes, either way I will not be seeking them out.
+1

Sticking to Toyota OEMs after a try with Bosch aerotwins. Waste of money - the rubber hardens very quickly and the wipers make a noise as they wipe the screen. The OEMs wipe much better than the Bosch blades and dont squeak or streak.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 22:44   #609
BHPian

Had bad experience with Bosch wiper blades twice and after that switched from bosch to Hella
The hella blades in my lancer are 2years old and still clean like new no streaks no juddering no nothing.
And two blades costed 300rs from shetty motors.
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 07:20   #610
Senior - BHPian

Fitted the Aerotwins to my friends Accent today. They clean perfectly.
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:45   #611
Senior - BHPian

DynaEdge from Hella are more VFM than Aerotwins and they do a good job. Among the regular ones i felt that the Syndicate seem to last more than the Bosch ones. They clean equally well if not better. Does anyone else feel the same?
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:49   #612
BHPian

Got myself Bosch conventional vipers for Rs. 270 a pair from Karol Bagh in Delhi. It has been a week and they are working like a charm. Much better than the original ones.

P.S. The left blade was an inch longer than the original blade while the right one was an inch shorter. However, the difference is not felt at all.
captain.torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:15   #613
BHPian

I replace the wipers on my WagonR every year at the onset of monsoons. But always, after a few days of usage, they lose their effectiveness and leave a haze on the glass.
I've seen these rain repellant coatings selling on ebay, like this one for Rs 499/-
NANO VISION : WINDSHIELD RAIN REPELLANT COATING | eBay

Is it any good for use?
anuragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:15   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
I replace the wipers on my WagonR every year at the onset of monsoons. But always, after a few days of usage, they lose their effectiveness and leave a haze on the glass.
I've seen these rain repellant coatings selling on ebay, like this one for Rs 499/-
NANO VISION : WINDSHIELD RAIN REPELLANT COATING | eBay

Is it any good for use?
I don't advise any of the rain-repellent coatings. I 've used the legendary Rain-X and it's useless in an Indian Monsoon.
Please do try cleaning youir glass outside with a clean damp cloth and some ordinary white toothpaste. Rub gently in circular motions and rinse, repeat and rinse. This takes away wax and oil build-up and should restore your vision.
filcord is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 06:45   #615
Senior - BHPian

Using shampoo in the windshield washer is very important because when you are driving behind other cars that don't have mudflaps a lot of sticky mud gets thrown on your windshield. This can damage your wipers quicker.