Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 18:40   #826
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 180
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

GM Wiper are available on Pepperfry.com for Rs 239. Use coupon code for 20% discount PEPOMGN9J78, PEPOMGN4C53, PEPOMGN8X29, PEPOMGN8R74, PEPOMGN6B82, PEPOMGN3G57, PEPOMGN4B35, (You must login first to apply coupon)
mandyrana is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 19:24   #827
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 653
Thanked: 387 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
I have ordered GM last week and got them, they are performing well, I bought Hella Dynaedge for Safari last year but there was squeeking noise after sometime and i had to replace them with bosch.
I'm happy too. Working well in my Accord. Though, to be frank, only 2 pouring rains since the time I put it on.

The plastic quality is nothing home to write about, but the rubber seems OK. Anyway, worth the 2XX bucks
d_himan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 19:35   #828
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIMA
Posts: 485
Thanked: 320 Times
Default

Got the Bosch set for the swift from Mark@Premjis Thane for 366 MRP. Replacement for 2 year old Hella dynas which started squeaking a lot this year.

Last edited by latentpotential : 6th July 2013 at 19:36.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 20:49   #829
BHPian
 
ontheroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KL-01/KL-08
Posts: 265
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Got the Bosch set for the swift from Mark@Premjis Thane for 366 MRP. Replacement for 2 year old Hella dynas which started squeaking a lot this year.
Bought the same for Rs290.00 last month.
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 01:59   #830
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paradise (wish it was)
Posts: 299
Thanked: 86 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

My friend tells me that they just replace the rubber beading (and not the full wiper - rubber + metal arm) when he gives his car for service @ hyundai and it just costs 20-25rs.

At this price, I dont mind replacing them every 6 months whether I use the wiper or not!

I was wondering if we have a DYI where we can just replace the rubber alone instead of the entire kit. Any suggestions on whether this can be done?

PS: I have Bosch Wipers on my car. I replace them every year more or less & spend 300rs for it!
null is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 09:01   #831
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,523
Thanked: 1,133 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
My friend tells me that they just replace the rubber beading (and not the full wiper - rubber + metal arm) when he gives his car for service @ hyundai and it just costs 20-25rs.

At this price, I dont mind replacing them every 6 months whether I use the wiper or not!

I was wondering if we have a DYI where we can just replace the rubber alone instead of the entire kit. Any suggestions on whether this can be done?

PS: I have Bosch Wipers on my car. I replace them every year more or less & spend 300rs for it!
Which hyundai car is it?

For i20, just the rubber itself costs 800 for a pair. Which is a total ripoff. I have changed over to bosch clear advantage for good. Won't be changing the blades for atleast 2 years for sure.
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 13:17   #832
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paradise (wish it was)
Posts: 299
Thanked: 86 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Which hyundai car is it?
The humble Santro. Let me recheck with him again since you say they charge 800rs for i20. I remember seeing the bill some time back and asking him how come it is soo cheap & he had explained it is just the rubber part replaced.

My experience with bosch blades is that they don't last more than 1 year. I do not maintain it in anyway (applying vaseline when not in use/summers etc). They just get hard n brittle over 1 full season. I thought it is because of the manufacturing date (was like 2+ years old when I checked last time) is the reason. Shop guy was sort of sarcastic, when I said it lasts only 1+ year, by saying its just 300rs! I need to replace it for my car again since rains are back. I will ask the spares shop guy about the rubber replacement option when I go by.
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 17:18   #833
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai / Kochi
Posts: 77
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
The rear wiper of the FIGO is priced at 800 at the service center .

I had changed them a year back got one for 200 or 300 something however the issue is it does not stick to the glass and also does not wipe properly.

Any idea why are they so expensive?
I have tried changing my figo's stock rear blade with HELLA DynaEdge Wiper Blade, but sadly it was nor fitting properly. Anyways my front blades got changed with the same and cost me Rs. 1100/- for a set.

I think we can replace the rear blade only with the ones available in the authorised service centre.
highwaypatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 17:19   #834
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 455
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I'm happy too. Working well in my Accord. Though, to be frank, only 2 pouring rains since the time I put it on.

The plastic quality is nothing home to write about, but the rubber seems OK. Anyway, worth the 2XX bucks
i am extremely unhappy with the GM blades. Ordered it from Snapdeal and got the wiper delivered in 2 days. However, on fitting, the blades shudder very time i use them. The plastic edge at one end is also broken.

have written to them for refund but it has all fallen on deaf ears.

very poor customer experience
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 17:25   #835
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
I have tried changing my figo's stock rear blade with HELLA DynaEdge Wiper Blade, but sadly it was nor fitting properly. Anyways my front blades got changed with the same and cost me Rs. 1100/- for a set.

I think we can replace the rear blade only with the ones available in the authorised service centre.
Yes looks like the rear wiper has to be sourced from the service center. 800 bucks for one wiper !
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 17:43   #836
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai / Kochi
Posts: 77
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Yes looks like the rear wiper has to be sourced from the service center. 800 bucks for one wiper !
But do u use the rear wiper so frequently? Usually i wipe only once in say 5 kms that too during heavy rains. The even if u spend rs. 800/- it shud b there for atleast 3-4 years.... I however feels awkward to see rear blades wiping continously while driving..
highwaypatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 17:55   #837
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
But do u use the rear wiper so frequently? Usually i wipe only once in say 5 kms that too during heavy rains. The even if u spend rs. 800/- it shud b there for atleast 3-4 years.... I however feels awkward to see rear blades wiping continously while driving..
Well my car is 3 years old and the rear wiper was squeaking every time it wiped and hence i changed it a couple of months back. I blundered, I should have retained the wiper and changed only the balde

On the usage part, yes less frequently used however when used it should wipe properly. The current one does not as it's contact with the glass is not there towards the end. This results in not wiping at all.

Last edited by sumathindra : 10th July 2013 at 17:56. Reason: edits
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 18:39   #838
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 158
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Well my car is 3 years old and the rear wiper was squeaking every time it wiped and hence i changed it a couple of months back. I blundered, I should have retained the wiper and changed only the balde

On the usage part, yes less frequently used however when used it should wipe properly. The current one does not as it's contact with the glass is not there towards the end. This results in not wiping at all.
You can adjust the flex of the wiper blade(the supporting ledges) to have it curved to sweep the enter glass area.
Be careful not to break it - Just put some force to have it bend slightly.
Sedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 19:13   #839
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,331
Thanked: 1,526 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Its been a year since I've put Bosch ClearAdvantage wipers. Some observations:

1. Wipers have started streaking now. However after 3-4 minutes in the rain, they stop streaking!

2. The edge, about 3/4 of an inch lifts off a bit on the passenger side, as in it is not resting fully on the glass.

3. There is a spillover, water comes off the edge from the driver side blade onto the passenger side on the return wipe, effectively wetting the entire passenger side. Is this normal?

4. Wipers started to hop a bit; very little on driver side but the passenger side hops quite badly. If I use a sealant (wax like thing) on the glass, the hops stop. But they start hopping after some 10-15 wipes.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 21:34   #840
BHPian
 
Geo_Ipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vellore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
My friend tells me that they just replace the rubber beading (and not the full wiper - rubber + metal arm) when he gives his car for service @ hyundai and it just costs 20-25rs.
That is true. They just change the rubber wiping part, not the metal arm. And it costs something like what you've mentioned.

But I feel the wiping quality nor life is as good as Bosch. Definitely, value for what you pay though!
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Passat DIY: Replacing the Wiper blade element rpunwani DIY - Do it yourself 9 23rd June 2016 15:21
Palio Wiper Blade size RedMM340 Modifications & Accessories 10 22nd January 2010 17:15
Silicon/Water blade greenhorn Modifications & Accessories 4 7th October 2009 11:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks