Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th June 2006, 14:49   #1
BHPian

Question Which Car Battery For Esteem.

Hello Friends.

My car battery went Dead today morning.... just wondering which battery company to go for ? I am thinking about STANDARD FUKUKAWA MAINTENNACE FREE.

And just to ask.... is it okie to PUSH START (for 2~3 days ?) the car till i replace the battery ... Its an Esteem MPFI 2001 Model.

and just wondering does anyone have a idea about HEAVY DUTY BATTERY ? ...thought it might be usefull to 'POWER' my P.Windows / Amp / Woofer / Fog Lights / Etc / Etc.

Thanks ......

Last edited by passion4cars : 26th June 2006 at 14:51.
passion4cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 15:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

go for the amaron... almost zero maintanence... just have to fill distilled water in 6 months or so...

and please... avoid push starting the car... the manual clearly says that it can damage certain engine /GB parts.... if it was an amby or a fiat (no offense meant to these owners) it wud probably be ok cos they are not as delicate as today's cars....

P.S. I got an amaron for my car sometime back and i am really satisfied.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 15:29   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
and please... avoid push starting the car... the manual clearly says that it can damage certain engine /GB parts....
Which car manual says that?

I cant really imagine how or why push starting would do any damage to the car. Personally i think it will be fine if you push start for a few days.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th June 2006 at 15:30.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 15:44   #4
BHPian

You can go for Amaron as n_aditya already mentioned. Maintanence free battary. I was told that we need not even refill the distilled water. That only makes it real maintanence free battary. You can go for it for your esteem car. You have to mention it when you are going to buy the battary.

Please stop pushing the car to start. It will spoil the Gear Teeth, which will cost you more later
willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 15:47   #5
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan

I cant really imagine how or why push starting would do any damage to the car. Personally i think it will be fine if you push start for a few days.

cya
R

Even if the manual does not mention about it. It really spoils the gear teeth due to more friction when you push the car with gear engaged..... you can ask some good Car Mechanic for the same.
willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 16:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan

cya
R
Shall scan the page and post it here in a few days...
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 18:07   #7
BHPian

Go for Amaron, when I had my esteem. Amaron did well. With no maintanence issues.

Also it is important that the ampere rating of the battery matches the car's specifications.
I guess for Esteem you would need a 24 Amp battery.

If you are looking for a higher power rating, 36 Amps should do well.
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 19:13   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

OT: Could any of you guys tell me which maintenance free battery (except Optima) with the highest amp rating would sit in the Esteem battery tray (without any mods to the tray or relaocating the batt). Please tell me the batt make and amp rating.

Thanks.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 20:43   #9
BHPian

hello everyone...
umm i am running a optima yellow top... D34.. and this battery will fit without any modification in the engine bay...i am running the 2005 mpfi esteem.. and it fits beautifully... also if not the yellow top.. which is more expensice because it is a deep cycle battery.. you can go for the optima RED top.. it is also a very very powerfull battery.. infact the CCA.. (cold cranking amps) rating is higher than the Yellow Top...and for starting a car.. you need a battery with a high CCA.... the red top is what i would call a very heavy duty starting Battery.. with more than enough power to run all your devices.. i used to run a alpine 2000 watt monoblock.. and blaupunkt 1500 watt 4 channel class a/b amp and 2 12 inch IDQ subs... on the red top.. without any problem at all... just upgrade your ground wires in the engine bay.. and get a proper guage of power wire for your music system...
you can do a spec check on the optima website...
hope this helped...
biig boom buys

Last edited by Tool : 26th June 2006 at 20:45.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 20:51   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar
OT: Could any of you guys tell me which maintenance free battery (except Optima) with the highest amp rating would sit in the Esteem battery tray (without any mods to the tray or relaocating the batt). Please tell me the batt make and amp rating.

Thanks.
Hi,

I had used a 70 amp Bosch Silver battery in my Esteem. You can also use a Exide N70. Needed to change the terminals and new support but it sat in the OE tray. Had also upgraded to a 85 amp Bosch alternator.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 22:41   #11
BHPian

Thanks Brothers....

I havent started my car ( Push Start ) as i know the CPU / Catalyst Converter gets spolit.....

Heavy Duty Battery Looks Option but ne idea bhai logon how much cost ?

Thanks Once Again
passion4cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 01:47   #12
BHPian

you can get a red top optima.. the RT 34 for around 8 grand or soo and the same size yellow top for around 11 or 12 grand.. go to the amaron dealers.. they should hook you up ...the good part is these battries come with a 3 year warranty and also a extended 2 year further warranty on certain internals of the battery too...
exide and amaron and Sf and other normal brands shouldnt be more than 4,500 to 5,000.. for their Big batteries.. like i know the exide 55 amp battery for the Esteem AX.. the automatic one.. that is for 4,800 Rs i had paid.. sold that .. now have a red top and a yellow top.. in both my cars..
hope this helped...

Last edited by Tool : 27th June 2006 at 01:51.
Old 27th June 2006, 02:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend Amaron or Exide...

As far as heavy duty are concerned your requirements are not that much, standard spec Amaron on an esteem carb is 36B20R, for the vxi with power windows etc 38B20R is the right one, if you want something even heavier you can put a 42B20R which will suffice for added electricals too.

Arush
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 02:11   #14
BHPian

also.. sorry i forgot to mention the model number for the 55 amp exide battery that fits also.. this was the battery that comes standard for the esteem Ax.. this battery was bigger because of the bigger electrical needs for running the Automatic gearbox and the other electrical Systems.. the model number is 55B24L(MF). it is a standard fit in the esteem without any engine bay modifications also.. and will only be 1000 odd rs more than the standard issue esteem battery ..

Last edited by Tool : 27th June 2006 at 02:13.
Old 27th June 2006, 08:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

I had used a 70 amp Bosch Silver battery in my Esteem. You can also use a Exide N70. Needed to change the terminals and new support but it sat in the OE tray. Had also upgraded to a 85 amp Bosch alternator.

Viper
hi, why did you do that mod? Is your car electrically overloaded.. 4 subs etc??
headers is offline   Reply With Quote