Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th May 2018, 19:38   #196
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: LED Headlamp Bulbs are here! The end of HID?

Picked up these H4 LED lamps (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/H4-H...311.0.0.rYx9BH) from Aliexpress and installed them in my 2009 i10.

Details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-2009-i10.html
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 18:21   #197
BHPian

Have a Tata Hexa XTA which comes with low beam projectors and high beam halogens. I am satisfied with the halogen high beam but the low beam in city traffic is quite inadequate. Both bulbs are H7 so I need assistance for upgrading the bulbs of low beam projectors. Should I opt for leds or HID for high beam? I also observed that both high beam and low beam cut off a bit on the right side I think it is to prevent glare against oncoming traffic I wanted to know whether this can be fixed? Regards.
Vikvkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 08:13   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
Should I opt for leds or HID for high beam?

I guess you meant low beam. I would recommend HIDs over LEDs anyday (as of now). Since you are satisfied with the high beams, upgrade your low beams to 4300k HIDs. As for the cutoff, this is what you see in RHD cars. Wouldn't recommend altering it's alignment.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 15:45   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I guess you meant low beam. I would recommend HIDs over LEDs anyday (as of now). Since you are satisfied with the high beams, upgrade your low beams to 4300k HIDs. As for the cutoff, this is what you see in RHD cars. Wouldn't recommend altering it's alignment.

Yes sir I meant low beams it was a typographical error. Sir any leads or links as to where should I procure HIDs for the projectors. I have made some research across some forums and i have come to the conclusion that the projectors themselves are inadequate. So i am in need of some assistance to choose a HID unit. Regards.
Vikvkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 17:01   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
Yes sir I meant low beams it was a typographical error. Sir any leads or links as to where should I procure HIDs for the projectors. I have made some research across some forums and i have come to the conclusion that the projectors themselves are inadequate. So i am in need of some assistance to choose a HID unit. Regards.
You may check out Morimoto HIDs. They are priced similarly when compared to Philips and Osram. They have a dealer in Mumbai and Delhi. Please check their website for details.

It also depends on the quality of projectors.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2018, 22:35   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

The post shifted to the following link (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)in autolighting thread.

Last edited by Sankar : 30th June 2018 at 22:46.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote