Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th July 2006, 19:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

many people i have seen have installed deep cycle battery in car. car needs battery which has high cca rating that is not there in deep cycle ones. may be it will be better to use deep cycle one for accessories and install in dicky. then you can run them even with car stopped. no fear of main battery dying out also.
gigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 19:40   #17
Team-BHP Support

well i replaced my iKON battery 2 weeks back after 6 years and 34000 kms, cant complain about the OE ones, it started off with one fine morn car wont crank, push+crank and car started, then ok after 10 mt idle, ran for 2 days and after a long run in city at night parked, next day again no crank, went to bat guy, one cell dead then i thought nough is nogh get a new one..

went for an exide 3 year warranty maintanence free one for 3.7 k Rs

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th July 2006 at 19:44.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 22:27   #18
BHPian

Smile

even i had to replace the batteries in my OHC
~ H O N D A ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 23:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy
there is actually multiple snags in car now- suspension is bumpy. need to rev hard on slopes, engine shuts down al low rpm. pickup or acceleration is not like it was before, can feel lot of vibration , so all are driving me crazy.
i am trying to find out reliable service center or mechanic to show the car. so till that time sitting and isolating one by one. hope the electrical problem is solved.
Do you tank up from a good pump? Try injector cleaning, air filter cleaning, and fuel filter change. It will help. Too early to change spark plugs though (unless you were using really bad fuel)..And tank up only from a good pump in future.
cheers
Reji
philipreji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 23:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
58k it has run. the one i went was authorized amaron pitstop im mumbai. so took his advice.
58k! sorry didn't notice it before..It is good practice to change spark plugs at 20k intervals, so you're close to the third change now. I think you should change your plugs too.
Old 12th July 2006, 22:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

i have changed the plugs, wanted to go for ngk iridium, but couldnt find it, as of now have put original denso ones. in signals when car keeps idling there is minor jerks like those which comes when you run car with one plug connection removed. thats why i replaced the plugs, ther seems to be improvement but i think it is more of pschycological one. air filter i cleaned.thinking of giving for injector cleaning. all problem i noticed the day after i added the additive in green bottle in bp pump. i am not sure if i am blaming the right thing, that day i put normal fuel. else always it has been speed.
Old 13th July 2006, 19:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
i have changed the plugs, wanted to go for ngk iridium, but couldnt find it, as of now have put original denso ones. in signals when car keeps idling there is minor jerks like those which comes when you run car with one plug connection removed. thats why i replaced the plugs, ther seems to be improvement but i think it is more of pschycological one. air filter i cleaned.thinking of giving for injector cleaning. all problem i noticed the day after i added the additive in green bottle in bp pump. i am not sure if i am blaming the right thing, that day i put normal fuel. else always it has been speed.
Gigy,
That additive you used is System G. It is unlikely to have caused these issues, since you were already using speed before that. If injector cleaning doesn't help, I will suspect the timing..isn't it time to change your timing belt?
cheers,
Reji
Old 13th July 2006, 20:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

i am again experiencing low voltage. it has come down to 12.54 during night driving in stop start traffic. is this normal? in day operation when the ac compressor cuts in there is momentary drop to 12.3 but comes back to 13.5. do i need an alternator overhaul?
Old 14th July 2006, 15:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

today when i started the voltmeter is on 15.3 and in 14 range while car is running? is there any voltage regulator installed in baleno?

Last edited by gigy : 14th July 2006 at 15:47.
Old 14th July 2006, 16:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i am again experiencing low voltage. it has come down to 12.54 during night driving in stop start traffic. is this normal? in day operation when the ac compressor cuts in there is momentary drop to 12.3 but comes back to 13.5. do i need an alternator overhaul?
Using my system Voltmeter (the Pioneer 7750 sreteo comes with one) I find that the voltage that I see on my car in is between 12.5 (with music on full blast/AC and Headlights....I have 2 Amps and a Sub in my car) and to 13.8 with the voltage generally around 13.2-13.8 volts. Only once I have seen it cross 14 V....maybe the system is not showing the right voltage as there is some drop across the system wiring too...or maybe the meter is not correct.
I have had no issues since the last one year till now...

the Baleno comes with a Denso 55amp alternator... new one should cost you about 6.5 k for MGP and about 18 k for SGP...
the qualis alternator (60amp) is supposed to be a good fit (thats what the Denso guy told me) ...none others that I explored..
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 16:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

thanks Buffetan for the alternator info. i was looking out for this info just in case i go for change. this is today mornig reading. is this the last performance before dying out?

Old 20th July 2006, 13:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

my suggestion is also to check out the battery... a shorted battery can make the volatge go down drastically
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 09:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

O/T : I have been told that the old mitsubishi lancer has a pretty solid alternator too, from a guy who was using it for SPL type shows.. he says he used the stock battery. Of course this was in thailand... so dont know if the same applies to HM mitsu lancers !!!
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 11:15   #29

Default Battery changing

I'm using Zen LXi and looking for battery to be change. Please advice on brand and type (dry or wet).
AkhileshDalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 14:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
thanks Buffetan for the alternator info. i was looking out for this info just in case i go for change. this is today mornig reading. is this the last performance before dying out?

15.73 volts is too high. Normal alternator voltage varies between 13.8 and 14.4. Get your alternator checked and repaired before it fries your battery and other electrical items.

Cheers!
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote