Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th May 2015, 15:51   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
I have been using the shades for my Swift for many months now and there is no water seepage, have driven in rains and generally washed the car with no water seepage issue.
Leads me to conclusion that this seepage is happening in cars where beading on door is missing due to cost cutting e.g. Liva. Have to live with it.
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 19:40   #137
BHPian

Default Re: Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I got these; a set of six pieces for Duster. It fits well. But I won't say very snug a perfect fit for some pieces. I paid 4K for them.
With the discussion of water seepage, I thought I'll ask for Duster owners for more info.
Ampere, have you faced any issues of water seepage when using the sunshades?
sumeshmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 21:35   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
With the discussion of water seepage, I thought I'll ask for Duster owners for more info.
Ampere, have you faced any issues of water seepage when using the sunshades?
To be frank its nicely kept packed. I rarely use it! Its gathering dust! I had mainly bought it for long distance highway drives during summer. Apart from thats I dont use it much.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 11:24   #139
Senior - BHPian

Guys, can you please update with the quality of the magnetic shades you have bought? how well it is holding up? And what can be the average life if used regularly?

Also it would be great if somebody can let me know how well does it hold up if the windows are rolled down on a highway and the vehicle is cruising at triple digit speeds. And has anybody got for their XUV which has a opening in the front for driver side to access the toll booths, mall parking tickets and so on?
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 14:55   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys, can you please update with the quality of the magnetic shades you have bought? how well it is holding up? And what can be the average life if used regularly?

Also it would be great if somebody can let me know how well does it hold up if the windows are rolled down on a highway and the vehicle is cruising at triple digit speeds. And has anybody got for their XUV which has a opening in the front for driver side to access the toll booths, mall parking tickets and so on?
I am using a netted fabric type magnetic window sun screen on my duster. The magnet itself is not very powerful and one needs to hold the screen in place while closing the door. The screen is held between the door and the body of the car. I faced a huge problem on the highway , as at every toll booth, the door needs to be opened , the screen taken out , close the door ,pay the toll, open the door again, replace in the screen and finally close the door again.
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 16:35   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I am using a netted fabric type magnetic window sun screen on my duster. The magnet itself is not very powerful and one needs to hold the screen in place while closing the door. The screen is held between the door and the body of the car. I faced a huge problem on the highway , as at every toll booth, the door needs to be opened , the screen taken out , close the door ,pay the toll, open the door again, replace in the screen and finally close the door again.
Where did you bought it from? It is really ridiculous to do such things at every toll booth

Did you drive the car with the windows open and with sun shades on at around 80-90kmph speeds? If yes, How was the behavior of them under such conditions?

I think the ones sold at signals will hold good and will be more reliable compared to the one you have got. Just my one cent
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2015, 11:14   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Luckily, I could not find the shop you told me and saved some rupees.

It was on other side of Arya Samaj Road.

If you need, I will PM you his exact location in Google maps.
mukeshgoel can you please share the exact name and location of this shop. I need to pick one set for my Punto.

Thanks
saurabh041086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2015, 00:33   #143
BHPian

Mahindra is selling these shades as an accessory. Got these installed on one of my friend's brand new XUV500 W8 this week on delivery day. These shades comes with Mahindra branding and they gave a clever touch to these by keeping them short enough for front windows, so that this space can be used for a good view at ORVMs and to pay tolls without opening door.
dchahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2015, 21:37   #144
BHPian

I have got magnetic sunshades for my Getz 1.1 as well as i10. I was thinking of selling the Getz this season as cooling has been reported as insufficient for NCR climate. This stands resolved with the magnetic sunshades. They don't let the heat build up in the parked car. While being driven, car cools down relatively quickly. No issues with 5 occupants with 1 infant on board.
atnyia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 20:23   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
Mahindra is selling these shades as an accessory. Got these installed on one of my friend's brand new XUV500 W8 this week on delivery day. These shades comes with Mahindra branding and they gave a clever touch to these by keeping them short enough for front windows, so that this space can be used for a good view at ORVMs and to pay tolls without opening door.
Can you please share some images of XUV fitted with the magnetic shades ? Also can you please share the cost of them, I hope quality is better as it's given Mahindra branding.

Thanks.
Shreeniwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 23:45   #146
BHPian

I purchased Mahekas Premium Car Window Magnetic Sunshades / Curtain Sun Shade = Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 7 Seater from amazon for Rs 1700. (http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B014...ilpage_o01_s00)

It fits perfectly in Ertiga for all the four windows. The back small window doesn't have metal rims around it so fixing the sunshade is not possible.

But I don't think this will be very effective. All it has is a net and doesn't really filter out sunlight as much as a sunfilm. So I still doubt the effectiveness of this product.
guruji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:30   #147
BHPian

I am using the magnetic sun shades for my swift for over an year now and I am completely satisfied with it, its holding up well and I use them all the time on the car - city as well as highway driving. One can get them from Karol Bagh auto market in between 400-600 bucks and the quality is top notch.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 15:52   #148
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Came across this product online. These are magnetic sunshades but they also have a zip to open the sunshade material. I think, this is useful especially when we have to open the windows for paying toll etc. Has anyone used such sunshades already ? How effective they are ? Comments on their quality and price are also welcome.
Attached Images

vinit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 19:27   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
Hi Friends,

Came across this product online. These are magnetic sunshades but they also have a zip to open the sunshade material. I think, this is useful especially when we have to open the windows for paying toll etc. Has anyone used such sunshades already ? How effective they are ? Comments on their quality and price are also welcome.
Hi,
Where did you come across this? If you don't mind can you post the link here? Looks like an interesting product! Cheers
Pjango
Pjango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 20:33   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
Hi Friends,

This looks very interesting. I have the normal netted ones and I use them only during long drives and not within city. With this option of a zip.. I can use it on the driver side as well, which I currently do not since they are a nuisance when paying toll.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote