Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd May 2016, 14:58   #196
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hey Tanveer, Why don't you go ahead and purchase the one offered by Mahindra. They have made a provision for front windows through which you can pay your tolls. Check out Avinash's (abirnale) ownership thread for the pictures. Me and Avinash both have them on our cars and it really helps and I have been using from past one year without any issues.
Oh! I did not see that, Thanks for the update, This one feels much better than a zippered one in terms of convenience at toll's, The official one i saw at Mahindra when i bought my car was the one without the zip and without any provision made, It was a full netted one, Ill call them up again and see if they have got this now, Will also check some local stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I agree that the zipper is not of great quality, but I think the zip can be replaced/ re-stiched at a neighbourhood tailor shop. Actually I feel the zipper one is the best option available at the moment or you may have a customised one built by any local shop, as some members have done.
But don't you think that would be too much of an hassle? The link fusionbang has provided seems to be the better one, We wont have to remove it or zip or unzip it during the toll's and it will still cut down the major sunlight.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:38   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
But don't you think that would be too much of an hassle? The link fusionbang has provided seems to be the better one, We wont have to remove it or zip or unzip it during the toll's and it will still cut down the major sunlight.
Appreciate your concern, but in reality very few options are available in the market for a Fiat car. I thought I was lucky when I got one from Amazon for my Linea, just before I went to Kolkata in April last week. So I did not have any second thought on it.

@pdma and @nkrishnap has a very similar one in their Linea but it is custom built by @pdma.

Last edited by Sommos : 23rd May 2016 at 16:40.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:23   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Appreciate your concern, but in reality very few options are available in the market for a Fiat car. I thought I was lucky when I got one from Amazon for my Linea, just before I went to Kolkata in April last week. So I did not have any second thought on it.

@pdma and @nkrishnap has a very similar one in their Linea but it is custom built by @pdma.
Yes i understand, Magnetic shades were limited to very few car's initially, But now i think they have become really common, And i guess they are available for most of the cars now even locally.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2016, 13:48   #199
BHPian

Hello,

I bought this from Amazon for my anhc. It has got a nice zipper for front driver shade useful in paying tolls. However I have used it only twice as I found that the magnet keeps the rubber beading on the car (meant for the door to fit) pressed. I am afraid that the rubber beading might lose it's flexibility needed for proper fitting of the door or it might no more be as air tight as it would earlier. Anyone have seen this problem?
Shashankjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 19:56   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
Hello,

I bought this from Amazon for my anhc. It has got a nice zipper for front driver shade useful in paying tolls. However I have used it only twice as I found that the magnet keeps the rubber beading on the car (meant for the door to fit) pressed. I am afraid that the rubber beading might lose it's flexibility needed for proper fitting of the door or it might no more be as air tight as it would earlier. Anyone have seen this problem?
Have used it for more than a year, Never had any issues with the rubber beading, Instead the magnet on the shade used to run away at times, I had to get it back at its original place, Thats the only issue i had faced.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 20:04   #201
BHPian

Great....that's a relief...I haven't tried really moving the magnets....Will try that...your rubber beading on the car door is still in shape? The magnets haven't deformed it by the continuous pressure?
Shashankjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 22:24   #202
BHPian

I have these magnetic sunshades in my i20 which I bought around 2.5 years ago. The problem that I am now facing is that they just keep coming off every time I open the doors. Specially it happens with the rear ones since they are always in contact with the rubber beading. Also they have now started to fade away. I don't know whether it is because of the heat or something else.
So, I wanted to know if there is any way to replace the magnets and also restore the colour. Or should I simply buy new ones.
GreyAsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 11:15   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAsta View Post
I have these magnetic sunshades in my i20 which I bought around 2.5 years ago. The problem that I am now facing is that they just keep coming off every time I open the doors. Specially it happens with the rear ones since they are always in contact with the rubber beading. Also they have now started to fade away. I don't know whether it is because of the heat or something else.
So, I wanted to know if there is any way to replace the magnets and also restore the colour. Or should I simply buy new ones.
With usage I have noticed that the magnets rotate around the support in the net. Have you checked if the magnets are still facing outside correctly?
timuseravan is offline   Reply With Quote