Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 12th February 2015, 18:23   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?

Got a set of 4 @300 from Karol Bagh for Swift. It looks 100% same as shown in i20 pictures few posts above.

For rear hatch door, single shade with wire frame (non magnetic and better quality) was for Rs.300/- which I didn't buy.

I did not negotiate. So, there is a possibility to get it less than that.

The accessories shop (200 meters away) I have been getting stuff for last 8-10 years quoted Rs.800 for the same.

Somehow, found some good small shops in tight lanes and basements where these accessory shops send their boys saying that the boy is going to get it from their warehouse.
mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 21:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Got a set of 4 @300 from Karol Bagh for Swift. It looks 100% same as shown in i20 pictures few posts above.

For rear hatch door, single shade with wire frame (non magnetic and better quality) was for Rs.300/- which I didn't buy.

I did not negotiate. So, there is a possibility to get it less than that.

The accessories shop (200 meters away) I have been getting stuff for last 8-10 years quoted Rs.800 for the same.

Somehow, found some good small shops in tight lanes and basements where these accessory shops send their boys saying that the boy is going to get it from their warehouse.
Mukesh did you get it from the same shop that i told you or some other shop?
Please post the details.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 22:00   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Mukesh did you get it from the same shop that i told you or some other shop?
Please post the details.
Luckily, I could not find the shop you told me and saved some rupees.

It was on other side of Arya Samaj Road.

If you need, I will PM you his exact location in Google maps.
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 08:28   #109
BHPian

Has anyone bought them off eBay? I saw a few sellers on eBay selling this at around 1k to 1.5k for the set.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 11:29   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce1980 View Post
Hi Guys,
I am open to the magnetic shades only if anyone hasn't been stopped by cops. Can anyone share their experiences? Has any cops stopped them with these shades on in Bangalore? The reason I am saying this is because I have 70% visibility 3M sunfilm installed on my Figo & I have never been stopped by the cops. Its almost impossible to see actually. But if they stop me for inspection due to this SunShade, I'm afraid they might remove my sufilm.
I am running with the magnetic shades in the rear windows 24/7 and faced no issue. Was once stopped just once when the front shades were also in place but was let go once I showed the cop that these are removable and also pointed out how hot it was that day
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 12:22   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am running with the magnetic shades in the rear windows 24/7 and faced no issue. Was once stopped just once when the front shades were also in place but was let go once I showed the cop that these are removable and also pointed out how hot it was that day
Where did you get them in Bangalore, or did you order it online?
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 13:23   #112
BHPian

Any leads for these in Bangalore? I'd like to get them for my Ertiga. Or if any vendor in Delhi can ship them over?
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 23:20   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
read my post in the last page
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 14:14   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce1980 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have 70% visibility 3M sunfilm installed on my Figo & I have never been stopped by the cops. Its almost impossible to see actually. But if they stop me for inspection due to this SunShade, I'm afraid they might remove my sufilm.
I am very pessimistic that the cops will let you go with this screen fitted all time in Bangalore. The very purpose of sun film ban will go for a toss and you know about the Cops in Bangalore and their month end targets!!

But why do you want this screen when you have the sun film already installed? Isn't it effective? What is the heat reduction percentile?

I am also thinking to install the vkool 70% visibility sunfilm for rear and all four windows. The Dealer states that it would reduce 60% heat. Don't know how far it is true!!

Last edited by rki2007 : 21st February 2015 at 14:16.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2015, 23:17   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Any leads for these in Bangalore? I'd like to get them for my Ertiga. Or if any vendor in Delhi can ship them over?
Quote:
I went ahead & ordered from ebay.in just 1-2 days after posting on this thread. As it was only 800, didnt feel there was too much risk. Seller was 'Jazz my ride'. Magnets are quite strong & there is no chance of them falling on their own. In cases where folks say that the magnets are weak, I am wondering if they put it on the wrong window or something. The left side one will not stick too well on the right & visa versa. They should try switching the sides. It is a wire frame & the magnets are on one side only. If the wrong side is used, instead of sticking to the door frame, it may stick to the car frame & fall when opening the door.

Materials used is reasonable quality for the price. Much classier looking than the suction cup types. Does Not seem to reduce heat though. But definitely reduces glare/ brightness which is exactly what I was looking for.

I have been driving around in bangalore since then & today even stopped to ask a traffic cop directions near MG Road. No Issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I am very pessimistic that the cops will let you go with this screen fitted all time in Bangalore. The very purpose of sun film ban will go for a toss and you know about the Cops in Bangalore and their month end targets!!

But why do you want this screen when you have the sun film already installed? Isn't it effective? What is the heat reduction percentile?

I am also thinking to install the vkool 70% visibility sunfilm for rear and all four windows. The Dealer states that it would reduce 60% heat. Don't know how far it is true!!
The main intention of using this screen is to reduce brightness during mid day sun. That's something that 70% VLT sunfilm can't do.

Since I am using a combination of both, I can vouch for the sunfilm. Use this only to reduce the glare. This will not reduce the heat. I also have 3M CR 70 for the front windshield & would recommend that you go for that too.

Apart from heat, the sunfilms also block 99%UV which is invaluable not only for kids, but also interiors. UV is the main cause of fading & plastics deterioration.

Last edited by Samurai : 4th May 2015 at 17:59.
GForce1980 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 15:53   #116
BHPian

Got these magnetic shades in Rajajinagar, Bangalore.
I was very dubious about getting it from this place, but I was lucky. Read on..!

Even I fell prey for the ebay.in item which was sold by car.n.more for Rs. 1799/-.
I must say, it was worse. It stands out by 5-10 mm off the window frame and its magnet wasn't that great. And it doesn't even fit the window (claim with ebay.in is in progress).

I needed them real bad for a coastal temple-ride which I happened to do with my family and a friend's family in my Swift last weekend.

One word about these shades - They're 'Perfect'.
They fit well, stay well, shade well and cost well.
They don't rattle on bumpy roads too!
Yeah they cost me Rs. 1200/-.

On asking, the shop guy Nizam told me these are some Taiwan imports.
Not sure if that is true. But the quality, build and make is just amazing.

I still didn't get them off and drove to work on my usual route last week, and didn't end up with the cop-conversation yet! Let's see how it goes!
Here are a few pics if you wanna see what I'm talking about.

The front door:
Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-front.jpg

The rear door:
Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-rear.jpg

From the inside:
Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-inside.jpg

The effect, where the sunlight doesn't prick so bad. Even after having parked the car during the coastal side ride, the cabin wasn't that bad:
Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-effect.jpg

The address:
Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-car-zoom.jpg

Note: I have nothing against the ebay.in seller, nor am I promoting the Car Zoom guy's business here. I'm just pointing out that my online purchase for this item went sour and picking it up in-person worked out real good!

All the best for those of you who are in need of a similar stuff!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hope this answers you guys' question!

Last edited by vishnu-man : 29th March 2015 at 16:00. Reason: Mentioned more details.
vishnu-man is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2015, 21:15   #117
BHPian

Just now ordered a set of four from Autofurnish for my Etios Liva. Cost me Rs.999/-. Will post further info once order is delivered.
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 15:32   #118
BHPian

Got these today for my Beat at 600 (4 pieces). Doesn't block the view from outside so I feel it should be ok as per law but makes the cabin a bit less accessible for Sun. There are some very dark options also available which can ban even proper ones if police decides.
dchahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:19   #119
BHPian

Damn ! Should have visited this thread earlier. I would have bought my shades from a brick and mortar shop rather than ebay.in @ Rs 1700, for my Innova.
Anyways my impressions and some pictures.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3671108 (Legal Alternatives to Sun Film)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3673842 (Legal Alternatives to Sun Film)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3674415 (Legal Alternatives to Sun Film)
riteshritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu-man View Post
Got these magnetic shades in Rajajinagar, Bangalore.
I was very dubious about getting it from this place, but I was lucky. Read on..!

I needed them real bad for a coastal temple-ride which I happened to do with my family and a friend's family in my Swift last weekend.

One word about these shades - They're 'Perfect'.
They fit well, stay well, shade well and cost well.
They don't rattle on bumpy roads too!
Yeah they cost me Rs. 1200/-.

On asking, the shop guy Nizam told me these are some Taiwan imports.
Not sure if that is true. But the quality, build and make is just amazing.

I still didn't get them off and drove to work on my usual route last week, and didn't end up with the cop-conversation yet! Let's see how it goes!
Here are a few pics if you wanna see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the review and the address.

How easy is it to remove them and refit them? Do the magnets cause any scratches to the metal where they are attached?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote