Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 2nd April 2015, 13:52   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thanks for the review and the address.

How easy is it to remove them and refit them? Do the magnets cause any scratches to the metal where they are attached?
Sagar,
It's a breeze taking them off and putting them back.
The magnets are of very nice quality and are strong too.
No, they don't leave any scratches on the door frames.

I've been using them for about 2 weeks now and demonstrating them to my colleagues.
Have been taking them off and putting them back on.
They seem to be working well.
vishnu-man is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 20:54   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu-man View Post
Sagar,
It's a breeze taking them off and putting them back.
The magnets are of very nice quality and are strong too.
No, they don't leave any scratches on the door frames.

I've been using them for about 2 weeks now and demonstrating them to my colleagues.
Have been taking them off and putting them back on.
They seem to be working well.
Thanks for posting this.

Are these shades available off the shelf for all cars OR are they made at site based on the car?
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 20:58   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Thanks for posting this.

Are these shades available off the shelf for all cars OR are they made at site based on the car?
They're readily available out there for most of the cars.
Best thing would be to call up the number in the card and bump into his shop.
All the best!
vishnu-man is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 00:46   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Costed Rs.4000 incl shipping. They sent through dtdc and it took around a week to reach .
1. Easy to fit and remove. Just takes 30secs.
2. Not using on driver side alone due to toll inconvenience . Got to open doors everytime.
3. Good privacy. Install sunfilm for rear glass will provide even more privacy.
4. Got to be careful in handling . The fabric might tear easily .
5. The Only option if you can't use sunfilms .
Could you please post some pics of your XUV with these shades on? I am planning to buy these and wanted to see how well they cover the glass.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 11:33   #125
BHPian

Anybody noticed any damage to the door beading in long run with these shades? Mine comes into beading after closing the doors and can't be removed from windows until you open the door. Upper portion stuck in the door and lower behind the door lock knob secure it when you drive fast with half open windows.
dchahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 13:28   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Could you please post some pics of your XUV with these shades on? I am planning to buy these and wanted to see how well they cover the glass.
They cover the glass entirely. But for front driver side,its a little uncomfortable on getting a clear view of the side mirror. Also in tolls , had to open the door . Autofurnish was costly. You could try and find cheaper ones from the road shop. There are some shades that cut a small portion for the front ones to have a clear view of the side mirror.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 14:04   #127
BHPian

Purchased 2 sets - one for Honda Brio and another for Tata Safari. Purchased on Ebay.in, dont remember the seller.

Both are good fit, stick to the door frame metal part, and held in place between door and body frame.

costed 890/- for each pair. For Safari I got 6 pieces that cover the rear qtr glass as well.

Looks Good and performs as expected, to provide some shade while driving. Not effective to keep a parked car cooler..

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-20150403_083654.jpg

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-20150403_083721.jpg

Magnetic Sun Shades for windows - An alternative to sunfilm?-20150403_083732.jpg

Last edited by smsrini : 8th April 2015 at 14:16.
smsrini is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 21:49   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Just now ordered a set of four from Autofurnish for my Etios Liva. Cost me Rs.999/-. Will post further info once order is delivered.
Update: Received consignment yesterday. Packing was very good so no damage. The shade itself fits very well on all windows. For now I am only using on rear windows. The shades for the front windows cover the ORVM portion also. So I plan to use the front shades during parking out in sun.
Only thing to be tested is whether there will be any water seepage due to the shade frame sitting in between the door frame and rubber beading. Will check that out over the weekend.
BTW I also got 3M CR 70 installed on front and rear windshield yesterday. Got it done from Valasaravakkam branch. Total bill came out to be Rs.12,994/-.
Massive difference in comfort inside cabin now with film at front and rear and shades for rear window.

P.S. The service by Autofurnish is pathetic. There is absolutely no updates from their side. I used to call them everyday 2-3 times for order status. No more business with them henceforth.
rajivr1612 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2015, 11:29   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Only thing to be tested is whether there will be any water seepage due to the shade frame sitting in between the door frame and rubber beading. Will check that out over the weekend.
Water does seep inside.
What I noticed today while washing my Liva was that the frame of the sun shade breaks the tight seal between the door and the beading. As a result water was seeping inside the cabin.
I am not certain whether this problem occurs only in cars with beading only on the body and not on the door also.
Anyone else faced this issue please post.
As a result I cannot leave the shade attached permanently irrespective of the weather conditions. If it rains it has to be removed.
Also one more thing I am now worried about is whether the frame will somehow permanently deform the beading. Any answers?
Thanks.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 19th April 2015 at 11:48. Reason: Quoted previous post.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2015, 12:44   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Water does seep inside.
What I noticed today while washing my Liva was that the frame of the sun shade breaks the tight seal between the door and the beading. As a result water was seeping inside the cabin.
I am not certain whether this problem occurs only in cars with beading only on the body and not on the door also.
Anyone else faced this issue please post.
As a result I cannot leave the shade attached permanently irrespective of the weather conditions. If it rains it has to be removed.
Also one more thing I am now worried about is whether the frame will somehow permanently deform the beading. Any answers?
Thanks.
Exactly my question. I saw some drops of water on the insides of the window glasses when I washed with the shades on. Its very tricky to manage in the rains. I will again test it with more attention this time as it can ruin the car if left unattended in rains.
dchahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2015, 20:32   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post

Exactly my question. I saw some drops of water on the insides of the window glasses when I washed with the shades on. Its very tricky to manage in the rains. I will again test it with more attention this time as it can ruin the car if left unattended in rains.
Sure it does seep inside. The only option is to use it during sunny days only. If it's cloudy then remove it. The thing I am worried about is whether the frame will leave a permanent impression on the door beading such that it loses it's water tight seal.
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 17:20   #132
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Got this magnetic sun shades for my Civic 2 weeks ago and I have to say, it is one of the best investment on accessories I had made!

Attachment 1256375
Your snap (along with the watermark) has made it to some e-commerce portals like eBay and Rediff Shopping. (Links - eBay, Rediff).
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 21:09   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
/OT

Your snap (along with the watermark) has made it to some e-commerce portals like eBay and Rediff Shopping. (Links - eBay, Rediff).
haha, funny it is. Its in Snapdeal, amazon too.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 22:01   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Water does seep inside.
Bumping up my earlier post.
Friends, has anybody else checked this?
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 15:01   #135
BHPian

I have been using the shades for my Swift for many months now and there is no water seepage, have driven in rains and generally washed the car with no water seepage issue.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote