Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th July 2006, 22:44   #1
Default Retrofitted LPG/CNG kit in PALIO

Hi, I am not sure whether I am posting the topic at the correct place.I am interested to know from the members about their experience in installation of LPG/CNG kits in cars like Palio etc. Particularly, what are the improvements in running cost, maintenance, engine life etc.Also, what are the negative sides like loss of power,pickup etc?What are implicatins with RTO like whether prior permission is to be taken? I am staying in Western suburb of Mumbai. So, I would like to know about the authorised LPG/CNG installation centres between Bandra and Borivili.One last thing-is Maruti 800 suitable for converting to either CNG or LPG?
purnendubagchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 00:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Does the kit cost the same irrespective of the car ?
I thought the kit prices would change depending on the car model and engine capacity. I am referrring to cars more or less in the same segment.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote