Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th July 2006, 13:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Front seat armrest for Palio

Hi Folks,

Can anyone guide me where in Bangalore I can get one of those boxes that fit between teh front seats of the car with a cushioned top that doubles up as an armrest.

Read on the net that they can be adjusted to fit most cars.

I am looking for one for my Palio. I recently drove my friend's scorpio with the armrest and it makes a drive so much more comfortable.

An added advantage of teh box is that it can be used to store ur CDs!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 15:12   #2
BHPian

Humm,,
thats a good idea!!
even I sometimes feel that I should have that armrest on my Palio D; specifically during the long trips or at the time when u enjoy the drive with just the right hand on the wheel. I sometimes use gear knob (thats lil far tho) and think of havin an armrest. However, not sure how does that look with Palio!! I have been with my friend on Scorpio, but never driven that.

Let us know if you get something at Bangalore; I'll let you know if I come across one
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 15:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

I too searched for center armrest for my Palio two years ago. The ones available could not be fitted between the seats.

The Hyundai Accent in US had a arm rest fixed to the side of drivers seat. It is like a small handle and can be foloded up and down. Very convenient. Don't know if anybody can custom make this.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 15:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

I remember reading in overdrive in teh classified sections about a year ago about this box cum armrest that could be adjusted to fit all Indian cars.

Anyone remember that? Anyone has old issues of OD. I wrote to OD but have not recieved any reply....as usual!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 20:11   #5
BHPian

Folks,
Any update on this!
Old 12th March 2007, 20:31   #6
BHPian

Something I just read....

=========

Well i found the front armrest for the baleno quite good actually , however at times while powershifting the elbow does get a good impact .. If u want an arm rest u could check with most of the shops at J.C.Road or contact Car Fancy next to koramangala fab mall .. Anwar should be able to fabricate one for u ..
============
If he is talking about Koramangala 1st block,, I know there is a shop,, I'll check with that guy and update this - In case anyone get a chance to go to JC Rd, please ceheck this out.
Old 18th March 2007, 08:12   #7
BHPian

Hey Guys!
I went and enquired at Car Fancy in Koramangala 1st block.
This guy has got a arm rest and he had a look atmy car. He is saying that probably the one thathe has got (ready made) will block the seat reclining leavers - He confirmed that he is also doing some custom made stuff.
I have had a look at the ready - made one that he had; I was completely not impressed with it, it doesnt look nice from any angle - filmsy!! - He was selling that one for ~850
I asked him if he can get me a flexible one for driver seat!
He called someone and confirmed that the custom made he will provide you at ~2200; this will be similar thing what we have in Innova - the flexible one where a rod might been fixed within the seat itself.

Finally I thought of not going for it, the ready - made one is not worth going for and I dont want anyone doing dissection of my car with the later option.
Old 18th March 2007, 13:00   #8
BHPian

you can take a look at the link here..
armrest-autoaccessories.com - FIAT BRAVO / BRAVA armrest bracciolo accoudoir

even i wanted one for my car, i had emailed the guy as the price is very expensive, he had said he may give discount for more orders.
if your car/similar car is listed and if you and others are interested we can maybe talk to the guy for a discounted price.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2007, 13:35   #9
BHPian

I did not find Palio D on their list. I have just sent an email to them, lets see what they have to say.
Old 21st March 2007, 14:39   #10
BHPian

Guys how about getting it done from a carpenter. wooden with the same design and totally covered with cushioned upholstery. I asked a carpenter about it and he said he will do it under 1000 Bucks.. I am planning to get it done. have to get the right upholstery and think thorughly about the design. will check a few cars and get inspired . Will post pics when I am done with it.
rishibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 20:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

I wish I had one of those arm rests for my Esteem too. This stems from the fact that my Civic in the US has one and I find it so very comfortable especially on long drives. Adding to it is that it doubles up as a storage compartment which makes a lot of utility sense.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2007, 23:30   #12
BHPian

I got a response from armrestking folks.....
==============

Hi Ketan,
Thank you for your interest in my product.
Sorry but we don't have anything for Fiat Palio yet.
If you send me a picture of your center console and its width we can have a look at other models. Manufacturers very often use the same console for different models.
Best regards,
Witold Swirski
armrest-autoaccessories.com - Home
Old 11th June 2007, 19:47   #13
BHPian

The carpenter would be able to create the arm rest, but how about fixing it to the seat in such a way that it can be folded up. The idea sure sounds good, but quite challenging...

Do let us know once ur thro with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
Guys how about getting it done from a carpenter. wooden with the same design and totally covered with cushioned upholstery. I asked a carpenter about it and he said he will do it under 1000 Bucks.. I am planning to get it done. have to get the right upholstery and think thorughly about the design. will check a few cars and get inspired . Will post pics when I am done with it.
CARtik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2007, 12:31   #14
BHPian

BUMP!!

Anyone got around to getting it done somewhere?

I am looking for a armrest/Storage bin between front seats for my Black SX4.
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2007, 18:36   #15
BHPian

Hey guy I took a long time to post this. I got this armrest for my Palio for 600 bucks. It has storage compartment as well.
rishibravo is offline   Reply With Quote