Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 17th May 2007, 06:01   #46

Originally Posted by air870 View Post
yes i did mail my ecu to them from london along with the details of the various mods already done on the car[port polish,exhaust,short ram intake] and other details like the octane rating of fuel that usally goes in and the general driving conditions[ie stop and go traffic etc] in order for them to factor in the changes.the car is not required, just the ecu which is plugged in after the remap.
wow they must be pretty good at guessing...
they remaped an ECU by just reading a list of mods.
So how does the remapped ECU feel ?

the changes do take about 100kms to take effect[ as specified by DMTuning] as the car beds in to the changes.
yes.. the ECU needs some time to relearn everything

as far as forced induction is concerned a remap generally require the car at the remapper s to fine tune the diff parameters if it is a factory fitted turbo/superch. but with a N/A conversion you will have to get the remap with the car at the location. too heavy?
they may be putting the car on a dyno.
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote