Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 10th July 2014, 15:07   #1
BHPian

Default Review: Coido 6222 12v Tyre Pressure Pump & Gauge

Since there seems to be a major dearth of reviews on tyre pressure pumps and gauges, thought i may add my 2 paisa worth

Personally, I think a good set of a pump and pressure gauge can be a major pain solver in case of an unexpected puncture anywhere

My car uses RFTs but this kit can be incredibly useful for a tubeless set as well as a single inflation should get you enough boost to drive the car to the nearest tyre repair shop
For some reason, such kits aren't too popular although I have never really understood why

Anyway, I had an el-cheapo plastic pump bought on sale for some 600-700 which I had kept as a backup for a puncture in my X1 for the last two years.

However, the build quality was poor, the pressure gauge highly inaccurate and using it as a pump was a hit & miss affair...

After a recent false puncture warning scare on the Mumbai Pune xpwy, I decided to order a better set finally
Unfortunately, the only brands available locally (online or offline) are either unbranded Chinese pumps or Coido (semi branded maybe? )
I tried searching for reviews but had no luck but decided to take a plunge nonetheless

I zeroed onto Coido 2411 to begin (pump plus puncture repair) but was apprehensive on account of a) buying a plastic pump again b) quality of a repair seal from a liquid repair kit, esp considering I'd want to get such a sealed puncture repaired again at a shop anyway

FInally ended up ordering the following two items

http://www.coido.com/english/01_prod...php?AID=37#tag

http://www.coido.com/english/01_prod...ail.php?AID=62

First a word on the gauge, It's very accurate!
Couldn't be happier with the purchase actually - Its cheap (arnd 600 INR), tiny, light, takes 2 seconds to take a reading and the readings are very accurate (measured against pro digital equipment at a tyre shop)

Now the pump, while far from perfect, its a significant improvement over the last one..
The build quality is good and looks built to last
The hose quality seems good and looks like it should last a few years easily.
A nice touch is the fact that the hose tip screws on the tyre tip and once screwed build a seal so that you don;t have to hold it/push it in
I tried pumping air in a 225 R17 tyre at 36 PSI to 40 PSI and it took approx 60 seconds to do the job..
Probably from an absolute flat to 40 PSI should take 4-5 mins (considering low pressure pumping would be faster)
The gauge on the pump over reports pressure by around 2 PSI ..
Paid arnd 1600 odd for the pump and for the price , would not hesitate to recommend this kit.
Attached Images

abhi182 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 15:55   #2
BHPian

Default re: Review: Coido 6222 12v Tyre Pressure Pump & Gauge

Thank you abhi182 for the review.
Where did you purchase the pump from?
I was keen to purchase the pump from Emporis which was recommended in one of the threads. They have recently increased the price to INR 2000.
The Coido 6222 with dual cylinders is reasonably priced.
rrswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 15:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the review.

When i go to the link specified, i find in the pics that there are 2 clips given to connect to the battery. Cant these be run via the ciggy lighter / accessory socket? Does it come with that accessory plug.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 16:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Since there seems to be a major dearth of reviews on tyre pressure pumps and gauges...
Check this thread - there are plenty!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-pump-24.html (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump)
Dry Ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 16:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you abhi182 for the review.
Where did you purchase the pump from?
I was keen to purchase the pump from Emporis which was recommended in one of the threads. They have recently increased the price to INR 2000.
The Coido 6222 with dual cylinders is reasonably priced.
Both were from eBay although amazon.in too does have them

Quote:
When i go to the link specified, i find in the pics that there are 2 clips given to connect to the battery. Cant these be run via the ciggy lighter / accessory socket? Does it come with that accessory plug.
It does come with the cigarette lighter accessory plug

Quote:
Check this thread - there are plenty!
Ha, missed it - Should have added this within it then

Last edited by abhi182 : 10th July 2014 at 16:53.
abhi182 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 17:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Both were from eBay although amazon.in too does have them
Am I missing something here. The model Coido 6222 is not available on any indian online store.
rrswift is offline   Reply With Quote