Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 16:37   #121
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
From petes youtube channel.
Check this out:
i some how dont like the black seats, it doesnt go well with the ivory interiors, the front bumper with led daytime lights is so awesome, i just love them, why cant skoda sell these bumpers like genuine accessory, i m sure it will sell hot cakes
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 14:58   #122
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Whoa! This thread needs some refreshing. Anyways, the idea is, i am planning to do cosmetic changes on my White Laura facelift Elegance A/T. You can find photographs of the car in my garage or here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...h-4000-km.html

The idea so far is:
1) black vinyl for B pillars
2) black vinyl for roof
3) get 17" RS style wheels (if under a certain budget)
4) paint the brake calipers red/yellow
5) RS style spoiler/rear wing or a lip spoiler
6) chrome tip for exhaust

This is what i have thought so far. Planning to start in mid-June, after i'm done with my exams.
Need advice from fellow BHPians. Also, kindly keep any other suggestions flowing.

PS: Any fellow BHPian with more than average Photoshop skills and a will to help me out, kindly try to implement the above changes on any photo from my garage and post it here. If you want a photograph from a certain angle, i can arrange that too.

Last edited by Akki_5 : 19th May 2010 at 15:03.
Akki_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 15:01   #123
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Whoa! This thread needs some refreshing. Anyways, the idea is, i am planning to do cosmetic changes on my White Laura facelift Elegance A/T. You can find photographs of the car in my garage or here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...h-4000-km.html

The idea so far is:
1) black vinyl for B pillars
2) black vinyl for roof
3) get 17" RS style wheels (if under a certain budget)
4) paint the brake calipers red/yellow
5) RS style spoiler/rear wing or a lip spoiler
6) chrome tip for exhaust

This is what i have thought so far. Planning to start in mid-June, after i'm done with my exams.
Need advice from fellow BHPians. Also, kindly keep any other suggestions flowing.

PS: Any fellow BHPian with more than average Photoshop skills and a will to help me out, kindly try to implement the above changes on any photo from my garage and post it here.
nice mod list bro, dont got for 17's , you will cry & go back to 16'
thats what happened to me
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 15:12   #124
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post

1) black vinyl for B pillars
2) black vinyl for roof
Why don't you try Carbon Fibre sheets for 1 & 2?

This thread might be helpful to you:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-stickers.html (Carbon Fibre Sheets / Self Adhesive Sheets / Stickers)

Cheers,

Last edited by Ardy : 19th May 2010 at 15:13.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 16:50   #125
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Thanks for the suggestion Ardy. Honestly, they look like an expensive affair which, IMO, may not be worth it. But i'll definitely be reading up on this and if it suits my budget, nothing like it!
Akki_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 17:24   #126
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,096 Times
Default

Akki - Good ideas. First up, you need to get black shade tints before you go for the vinyl, Llumar Steel35 or 20 are a perfect shade.

I have seen a vinyl available on some website that's black but with a carbon fiber design, this would look much better than regular flat black,IMO.

A lip spoiler looks much more tasteful.

Get 17inchers only when you are ready to change your tyres too, so wait till these wear out. Then get something like Primacy LC in a wider width in 17inch, the comfort level and grip should remain same as OE then.

Red caliper would suit a white car more.

Don't bother about the exhaust tips, your exhaust point downwards so the tip will have be cut to point up. Besides the diesel fumes will form a sooth on the chrome over time. Not worth the effort.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 17:47   #127
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Akki - Good ideas. First up, you need to get black shade tints before you go for the vinyl, Llumar Steel35 or 20 are a perfect shade.

I have seen a vinyl available on some website that's black but with a carbon fiber design, this would look much better than regular flat black,IMO.

A lip spoiler looks much more tasteful.

Get 17inchers only when you are ready to change your tyres too, so wait till these wear out. Then get something like Primacy LC in a wider width in 17inch, the comfort level and grip should remain same as OE then.

Red caliper would suit a white car more.

Don't bother about the exhaust tips, your exhaust point downwards so the tip will have be cut to point up. Besides the diesel fumes will form a sooth on the chrome over time. Not worth the effort.
Sahil, thanks a lot for the input.
I have Llumar Steel 35 installed.
I loved the carbon fiber thing but that looks expensive.
I kind of like the RS style spoiler more (i have seen both installed on two different white Lauras and trust me, the protruding one looks better than the lip).
I've done approx. 15000 kms on OE tyres and i guess the wait for new tyres will be another 15-20k. Lets see.
Yes, red is my choice too.
Oh! I didn't know about the diesel soot thing.

Last edited by Akki_5 : 19th May 2010 at 17:52.
Akki_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:22   #128
Newbie
 
vincy_30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Its great to see so many great looking lauras , I have 4 yr old 56000 kms laura AT (PD)

Was wondering will it be a good choice to do all these MODS on the laura..... after 4 yrs Laura suspension doest get choppy and there is starting problem. so dont know if its right decision to do so.
vincy_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:52   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincy_30 View Post
Its great to see so many great looking lauras , I have 4 yr old 56000 kms laura AT (PD)

Was wondering will it be a good choice to do all these MODS on the laura..... after 4 yrs Laura suspension doest get choppy and there is starting problem. so dont know if its right decision to do so.
Are you talking in terms of cosmetics or power terrain or both ?
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 17:29   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Modified Lauras Post here!

Came across this white Laura vRS with a black front grille and wing mirrors. Looked really awesome, thought I'd post it here.

Source: Briskoda, Colour Coded Grille Surround - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community

Modified Lauras Post here!-lauravrs.jpg

Couple of questions:
- Anyone know of a place in Mumbai where the front grille can be painted like this?
- Are Laura vRS parts available as aftermarket accessories in India? Boot spoiler, front bumper etc.? I think Skoda sells a vRS kit at ridiculous rates.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modified Indian bikes - Post your pics here and ONLY here Rtech Motorbikes 934 1st December 2017 23:14
Hola! I am new around here and here's about me... locusjag Introduce yourself 5 13th January 2015 18:34
Here she comes...Swift Dzire VDI...finally here! hdoshi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 4th December 2009 15:52
Require help on Lauras OEM Music system vincy_30 In-Car Entertainment 21 14th April 2009 14:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks