Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 23:27   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 14,302 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
I knw boss. Saving 4.5k for my XIng
Including plumbing it will cost 6K. Check out this link.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2006, 00:10   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: pune
Posts: 48
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

So does anyone know about the cold air intake kits that come from K&N , can the same product be fitted in india
princesri1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 05:24   #18
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 7
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: K & N Filter for Santro ?

Hi,
I believe I am almost 8 years too late into this discussion but can anyone please tell me where to get K&N filters and freeflow exhaust assembly for my model 2000 Santro, 1L in delhi? preferably South Delhi.

My car has been passed onto me from my father after 1.8+ lac kms, but she still goes very nicely (thanks to proper maintenance), and although we have plans for an addition to the garage, after almost 15 years of faithful service I intend to keep my peppy car with me.

p.s. This is my first post, please point out any mistakes, i'l try not to repeat them.
openwindows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 11:17   #19
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GoonGaon
Posts: 457
Thanked: 719 Times
Default Re: K & N Filter for Santro ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwindows View Post
Hi,
I believe I am almost 8 years too late into this discussion but can anyone please tell me where to get K&N filters and freeflow exhaust assembly for my model 2000 Santro, 1L in delhi? preferably South Delhi.

My car has been passed onto me from my father after 1.8+ lac kms, but she still goes very nicely (thanks to proper maintenance), and although we have plans for an addition to the garage, after almost 15 years of faithful service I intend to keep my peppy car with me.

p.s. This is my first post, please point out any mistakes, i'l try not to repeat them.
No mistakes man. You can get a good freeflow done at SpeedSport Chattarpur. But, they will take quite a long time. You can also check at Automech's dealer at Karol Bagh. Order from them and get fitted, or else get it done from Aarush@Autopyshce Gurgaon. You can also check at Kaka Silencers at Barakhamba Road.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 11:52   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Leicester/Mumbai
Posts: 2,306
Thanked: 2,188 Times
Default Re: K & N Filter for Santro ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwindows View Post
Hi,
I believe I am almost 8 years too late into this discussion but can anyone please tell me where to get K&N filters and freeflow exhaust assembly for my model 2000 Santro, 1L in delhi? preferably South Delhi.

My car has been passed onto me from my father after 1.8+ lac kms, but she still goes very nicely (thanks to proper maintenance), and although we have plans for an addition to the garage, after almost 15 years of faithful service I intend to keep my peppy car with me.

p.s. This is my first post, please point out any mistakes, i'l try not to repeat them.
Forget the K&N, I ll be slightly benificial for a turbo charged petrol car or a Turbo charged diesel car where in large volumes of air is sucked by the turbo, in a Petrol car without a turbo and such a small engine, absolutely no benefits. I would recommend sticking to a stock air filter and cleaning it ever 3 to 4 thousand km and replacing it every 10 k, atleast that's what I do in my Swift D, it hardly costs anything.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 18:02   #21
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 7
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: K & N Filter for Santro ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
No mistakes man. You can get a good freeflow done at SpeedSport Chattarpur. But, they will take quite a long time. You can also check at Automech's dealer at Karol Bagh. Order from them and get fitted, or else get it done from Aarush@Autopyshce Gurgaon. You can also check at Kaka Silencers at Barakhamba Road.
Thanks, I was almost not expecting a reply on such an old thread! I will check out Chattarpur and Gurgaon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Forget the K&N, I ll be slightly benificial for a turbo charged petrol car or a Turbo charged diesel car where in large volumes of air is sucked by the turbo, in a Petrol car without a turbo and such a small engine, absolutely no benefits. I would recommend sticking to a stock air filter and cleaning it ever 3 to 4 thousand km and replacing it every 10 k, atleast that's what I do in my Swift D, it hardly costs anything.
Hi, thanks! saving wasteful expenditure always strikes a nice chord!, I will research some more about actual benefits reaped and then make an informed choice!
openwindows is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 19:42   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Noida
Posts: 104
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: K & N Filter for Santro ?

Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

I have a query regarding two kinds of air filters which came in Santro Xing - pre-ERLX filter (Euro 2) and ERLX filter (Euro 3).

Euro 3 filter has bigger paper element size as compared to Euro 2 filter.
Filter on the left is a Euro 3 filter and right one is a Euro 2 filter.

Pic1
Name:  filter 2.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  138.3 KB

Pic2
Name:  filter 3.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  130.7 KB

I have a Euro 2 Santro and feel that its air filter starts to choke around 5000 mark. I have tried cleaning the filter, but it does not help much except to change the air filter.

I was wondering if I can use Euro 3 filter on a Euro 2 car?
I understand that I would have to change the air filter housing as well to accommodate Euro 3 filter.

ECM should take care of air-fuel mixture?
Also, will it lead to excessive fuel consumption?

Thanks.
vaasu is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ikon Fuel Filter : OEM is cheaper than After-Market filter RM2488 Technical Stuff 13 28th June 2012 11:39
Is Oil filter and Fuel filter different? finneyp Technical Stuff 10 25th July 2008 11:45
Santro Wiper and FIlter madbullram Technical Stuff 2 24th June 2008 20:44
For Sale : Santro - FreeFlow Exhaust, K&N Air Filter... rareone Shifting gears 2 28th June 2007 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks