Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 8th February 2017, 16:51   #646
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Reverse camera or Sensor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
Some days back saw an advertisement on Facebook about a camera that can connect by blue tooth to your smart phone.
So the camera was shown stuck some place in the rear of the car and you could turn it ON from the smart phone and see the on goings on smart phone screen. No need to install a screen on dashboard.
Searched on net later but could not find.
Any idea guys where it could be found as I would like to buy it.
Interestingly, I saw the same video but could not save the link at that time. It was more of a Japanese or chinese face shown in the video. Now I am looking for a similar wireless set up in my car but not able to find any links !! It was just the plug and play type, no wiring, no drilling but completely on wifi.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 17:05   #647
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Interestingly, I saw the same video but could not save the link at that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
Some days back saw an advertisement on Facebook about a camera that can connect by blue tooth to your smart phone.
https://pearlauto.com/
This looks more promising

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 17:10   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
https://pearlauto.com/
This looks more promising
Regards-Sonu
You are an angel I had given up finding it after searching many key words. Now need to figure out how to procure one and get it fixed here
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 13:25   #649
BHPian

Smile Re: Reverse camera or Sensor ?

I got an Autocop ParkPro 1000 fixed to my Grand i10 yesterday.

My car comes with the OEM sensors so I only wanted the camera to be fixed. While the price of the entire kit (sensors plus camera) is somewere near Rs. 6,500/-, I negotiated for the price of the camera only at Rs. 4,500/-.

The package comes with these clips that can be attached to an existing wire without cutting the wiring of the car. That means no warranty issues at all.

A mirror (containing the display) was mounted on the IRVM. I am getting full colored display.

Happy with the purchase.
ankurbhageria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 15:43   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurbhageria View Post
I got an Autocop ParkPro 1000 fixed to my Grand i10 yesterday.

My car comes with the OEM sensors so I only wanted the camera to be fixed. While the price of the entire kit (sensors plus camera) is somewere near Rs. 6,500/-, I negotiated for the price of the camera only at Rs. 4,500/-.

The package comes with these clips that can be attached to an existing wire without cutting the wiring of the car. That means no warranty issues at all.

A mirror (containing the display) was mounted on the IRVM. I am getting full colored display.

Happy with the purchase.
Just a couple of points, one of which you would already have noticed:
-The day-night feature of the original mirror is now unusable, with the new mirror clipped on it.
-If your original mirror is fixed to the windscreen with the help of an OEM double-sided sticky pad, it may slowly come off after many months due to the extra weight. Mine did, twice, hence this word of caution.
Cheers
FarPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 20:18   #651
BHPian

I had a crosslink rear view camera IRVM mounted onto my existing rear view mirror which also had a reverse parking sensor setup built in with audible warning.
Since I changed the OE headunit to a Pioneer unit I moved the camera connection to the HU. The IRVM was practically unusable as due to the extra weight of the new mirror it would be always pointing downwards and if the car is parked in the sun too long it'd be moving around like jelly.
Now : Can i in some way route the sensors audible warning to my HU via the RCA inputs ?
WasavaTyres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:43   #652
BHPian

I have a combo camera + single sensor with display in my Mobilio for the past year. Of late I've noticed that after parking in the sun for a while, on engaging rear gear, the sensor screams stop even when there's nothing behind. This automatically corrects itself after parking in the shade. What could this be due to?
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 07:56   #653
BHPian

I am looking for OEM reverse camera for my Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI 2017 model car.
The camera should be integrated with HUD.
viky_s is offline   Reply With Quote