Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 17:59   #121
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,649
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

The issue is that the screen is loosely fitted. Put in some padding material first like folded newspaper between the original IRVM and the clamped one. Once satisfied you can use a double sided tape as padded material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alli.gator View Post
I have this reverse camera + LCD fitted in my car. The LCD is clamped on to the rear view mirror. It all works fine, but the only issue is the LCD/RVM shakes a lot when I'm driving because it's heavier now... Anyone face this issue? Any ideas how to fix it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I plan to get Remote Sensors installed in my car. Dealer said he has a brand called 'Circuit I' and it costs around 4K. Any experience with that brand?

Though this is well discussed in this thread, I have few queries:
1. Can a reverse sensor have its own switch and not tied to reverse gear?

Its possible but then you have to switch off and ON manually before and after reversing, whats the point.

2. Does front sensors help?

If you are not confident about your front judgement but can be a pain in heavy neck-to-neck traffic.

3. Are just reverse sensors adequate or is reverse camera required?

Sensors give you a sound whose intensity increases as the object closes, camera gives you a picture of the object but then you have to make the distance judgement yourself. Both have pros/ cons.

4. Any recommended place in Bangalore to get installed?

Goto any good accessories shop and chek the features before installing, if your car is under warranty then best to get it from your dealer.

Hope to get replies.
Thanks.

Last edited by dadu : 5th July 2008 at 18:00.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 18:49   #122
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default

ok guys.. the sensors on my innova seem to have konked. thinking of getting a reversing camera with sensors now. what i want to know is there any reversing camera with a screen which we can attach to the dash like the reversing sensor lcd is attached now?

also ive seen lately cars with reversing sensors with blue leds built in which come on when a person brakes. disgusting.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 18:52   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
msdivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,403
Thanked: 731 Times
Default

Thanks dadu ! I will post my experience.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 19:38   #124
BHPian
 
yogi1771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 629
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

msdivy why are the sensors so costly,got reverse sensors(4) fitted in my aunt's car and they cost Rs 2400/- with one year warranty and the brand is Xenos.
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 16:21   #125
Senior - BHPian
 
msdivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,403
Thanked: 731 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
msdivy why are the sensors so costly,got reverse sensors(4) fitted in my aunt's car and they cost Rs 2400/- with one year warranty and the brand is Xenos.
RedSoul have 2 models LED Display range - both display distance in numerals, with an option to control volume of the beep:
1. Single color LED- 3K
2. Multi color LED - 4K
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 18:36   #126
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 766
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Can anyone post a pic of Reverse camera while taking reverse. I would like to know the coverage of camera. I plan to go for the reverse camera/sensor for swift as the car as to be reversed between two pillars where the gap is very tight. I would like to know which of the two will be best suited for this condition. One problem here is the ORVM cannot be used and it has to be closed while reversing.

Let me know the disadvantages of reverse camera both in day & night.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 20:07   #127
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Can anyone post a pic of Reverse camera while taking reverse. I would like to know the coverage of camera. I plan to go for the reverse camera/sensor for swift as the car as to be reversed between two pillars where the gap is very tight. I would like to know which of the two will be best suited for this condition. One problem here is the ORVM cannot be used and it has to be closed while reversing.

Let me know the disadvantages of reverse camera both in day & night.
I have uploaded the pics and here is the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post749615
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post751772


However I think, with my experience, that if you have to reverse the car between two pillars, then the cam would not be of that much of an use. I mean if thats your basic purpose.

The cam is very useful in situations when you cant see behind in the inside RVM. For looking at the corners of the car, using the cam, you would be able to make an idea when the car is far from the objects (in this case, the pillars). But as and when the car comes near you would have to take help of the outside LRVM and the right RVM. I mean, that the reverse cam is not ideally suited for the judging the corners (of the bumpers), but of great use for having an idea, of whats immediately behind (the camera) which is generally fitted in the center of the bumper.

Maybe if you just have to judge the corners, you could think of installing Sensors along with a camera. The RD brand that I bought offers this combination too.
1 screen, 1 Cam and 4 sensors. This even comes with a 1 year warranty.
The sensors can be mounted wherever you want them and the cam would be ideal when mounted in the center of the bumper.

Last edited by harjeev : 7th July 2008 at 20:18.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 21:29   #128
BHPian
 
yogi1771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 629
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
RedSoul have 2 models LED Display range - both display distance in numerals, with an option to control volume of the beep:
1. Single color LED- 3K
2. Multi color LED - 4K
even this has multicolour led but no option to control volume
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 09:05   #129
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,591
Thanked: 4,504 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

My vote goes to a good set of reversing sensors - which will be able to sense obstructions on the sides as well - such as when reversing into a narrow gap between two pillars.

Speaking for myself, the sensors are more useful than the camera and a lot less expensive too.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 16:53   #130
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 766
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I have uploaded the pics and here is the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post749615
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post751772


However I think, with my experience, that if you have to reverse the car between two pillars, then the cam would not be of that much of an use. I mean if thats your basic purpose.

The cam is very useful in situations when you cant see behind in the inside RVM. For looking at the corners of the car, using the cam, you would be able to make an idea when the car is far from the objects (in this case, the pillars). But as and when the car comes near you would have to take help of the outside LRVM and the right RVM. I mean, that the reverse cam is not ideally suited for the judging the corners (of the bumpers), but of great use for having an idea, of whats immediately behind (the camera) which is generally fitted in the center of the bumper.

Maybe if you just have to judge the corners, you could think of installing Sensors along with a camera. The RD brand that I bought offers this combination too.
1 screen, 1 Cam and 4 sensors. This even comes with a 1 year warranty.
The sensors can be mounted wherever you want them and the cam would be ideal when mounted in the center of the bumper.
Thanks for the pic & suggestion. I already have sensors in SX4, this time I thought of going for camera for the swift, however the camera does not make sense for this purpose. I would go for the parking sensor itself.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2008, 23:16   #131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default contact..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekshirke View Post
hi Rohan, Recetly i installed parking sensors for my accent. Do not bother about the brand because they all come china made, just make sure about the features of displays( whether it is colour or not? does beeps are not too loud ? Does beep sounds different from the reverse horn? etc.)
Talking about a price then i have installed it in Rs. 3200 only.
You have a question about colour of the sensors. then i was promised by my dealer that he will order sensors with white colour as it my cars body colour but he failed to get one. But we rectified the problem by painting it with white colour, it looks fine then.
Cheers,
Abhi.
Hi Abhi, which one did you get? 4 rear sensors + color display?
Where in mumbai did you get it done from? can you please give me contact details?

thanks! I've been looking for something like this for months!
randomgyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 18:32   #132
BHPian
 
sridhga's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 178
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Xenos

I got a Xenos system. I got it free from the local Reliance Hypermart along with Xenos Firewall 350 4D central locking system for Rs. 3936. It has 4 sensors but not body coloured. I think the reverseparking alone costs Rs. 2200 for the higher end version. That includes installation, bill and warranty.
sridhga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 21:42   #133
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 227
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

1) Make sure you get a night vision/anti-glare rear view mirror
2) Check the sound of the beeper is not shrill, and its beeping
interval changes as you come closer to the object
3) Go for body coloured one, try hunting different shops

Brand doesn't matter.. all are made in China
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 00:12   #134
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,946
Thanked: 1,352 Times
Default

Moderator's note: Thread closed. Please continue further discussion in the threads mentioned above. (Thanks csentil)
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 17:22   #135
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,603
Thanked: 14,875 Times
Default

Bumping up this thread.
I was looking at options in market, cost is around 4000rs which includes the camera and lcd screen.
If I have the camera, any idea how much would a 4" LCD screen cost. I want something which can be attached to RVM.
Any ideas?
In the EX will tapping into reverse light for power hinder warranty etc., I want an installation which has nil cutting of wires and uses existing wiring harness. The EX remote system apparently has a reverse sensor(is it true) and since it comes with extra wiring harness, any chance of tapping that?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 1st August 2008 at 17:24.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Extra mirror for reverse sensor; what happens to OEM Day/Night Mirror? libranof1987 Modifications & Accessories 15 16th September 2016 18:14
RedSoul reverse sensor marathp Modifications & Accessories 0 18th October 2010 18:19
Cam Sensor-Crank Sensor-TDC Sensor. Are They The Same Thing? genesis Technical Stuff 8 5th October 2009 11:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks