Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as :
Highly Recommended 17 35.42%
Recommended 11 22.92%
NOT Recommended 20 41.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st January 2016, 18:04   #91
BHPian

Default re: Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Hey, any updates to your case? Did you get a refund?...His lead time for the plates is 9 days which is frankly ridiculous...No matter what quality he has, his support is downright terrible. I had ordered plates from Movell and they shipped out my plates in a day. This will be the last time I'll ever deal with this guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Delivery is usually delayed from Canvasink. I hope you get the plates soon...Canvasink - You gotta get your logistics sorted. Atleast give a realistic delivery time frame.
First of all Happy 2016 to all BHPians. Here is the update, will go in sequence.

30th Dec'15

Slightly , very next morning went to known too tires and detailing shop in Paschim Vihar (approx 20 minutes from my residence). I explained him my issue (front number plate was broken) and requested him to get a new pair asap. He had shown few designs and I opted for The Swiss One as they look different. Got plates delivered and fixed within 3 hours as promised by the dealer all in 1300 bucks with 2 complimentary stickers for free.

Please note, these plates are NOT from Canvas Ink

Name:  WheelsNorthPlates1.jpg
Views: 2615
Size:  83.3 KB

Quality was good and pair looked really nice on my Blue Ritz

Name:  RitzFront.jpg
Views: 2600
Size:  108.4 KB

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-ritzrear2.jpg

I asked whether he can take orders from other parts to India and he is willing to do so.

Meanwhile until next morning i.e.

31st Dec'15

Got this package with an apology.

These plates ARE from Canvas Ink

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-canvasinkapologyframe.jpg

Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-canvasinkplates.jpg

Thought of what to do with this pair?

Later got this text from Canvas Ink..

Name:  CanvasInkApologySMS.jpg
Views: 2601
Size:  58.9 KB

..decided to keep both pairs & rolled back complaint from PayuM

p.s.Utsav, here is my feedback as you will be reading this for sure. I would have accepted your logistic issues and waited patiently if communication was proper from your team. That's what is being expected in previous complaints and let's hope you work seriously on this. Good luck!

Last edited by OneToughRider : 1st January 2016 at 18:32. Reason: typo
OneToughRider is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 17:06   #92
BHPian

Hello folks!

Had ordered a set of personalised german plates from Canvas Ink.
I received the plates on the 5th day after placing the order and was quite happy with the time it took for the plates to reach me, and that too with free shipping (since my order qualified for free shipping, being over Rs.2,000/-). [my order was for a set of plates and for a set of Wurth frames].
Did the fitting my self, and is obviously a no brainer. Barely took 10 minutes to do the work.

The experience was very nice, Utsav was available on WhatsApp 24x7 and would also reply to messages I had sent during late nights. Inspite of the numerous changes I kept on making to the order Utsav was very cooperative and gave his full support at all times.

Definitely will order a set for the Rover too. It is great to see such an initiative taken up to start a company dedicated for stylish and rich looking number plates.
Regarding the pricing, it may seem for a few individuals to think that it is expensive, but after seeing the product, it is very well justified.

Cheers,
Luv.

Here is a quick collage I had made of my A4 with the new plates from Canvas Ink

Really love the design, the clarity and the use of high quality materials.
The German stickers seems to give a little colour to the ordinary colours of the car.

Cheers.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th January 2016 at 18:00. Reason: B2B posts merged.
Luv_Jaiswal is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 13:00   #93
BHPian

The plates do look nice. Would love to buy and sport on my car. But, aren't all these number plates actually illegal? When I say illegal I mean that it is not as per the MV act of 1988/89. (read here : http://www.htp.gov.in/Annexure-I.pdf) . According to this there should not be any fancy fonts being used or any other name/number except the regn number. I thought this was what made TN HC to declare all IND plates also as illegal.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 16:33   #94
BHPian

Thumbs up re: Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
The plates do look nice. Would love to buy and sport on my car. But, aren't all these number plates actually illegal? When I say illegal I mean that it is not as per the MV act of 1988/89. (read here : http://www.htp.gov.in/Annexure-I.pdf) . According to this there should not be any fancy fonts being used or any other name/number except the regn number. I thought this was what made TN HC to declare all IND plates also as illegal.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.
Hello.
Yes, I am aware of such rules being present, but till now I have not seen anybody getting pulled over by the traffic police for having such number plates.
Yes, stickers are present but as far as I personally think, it does not affect the view of the actual registration numbers and letters.
There are fancier number plates used by other owners which not only animates the letters, but also make words and political logos out of them, as you must have seen in South India too.

Cheers,
Luv.
Luv_Jaiswal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2016, 20:47   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Was onto purchasing a set of frames where I get an update on my FB wall saying that "Canvas Ink" has closed.

Shocked, I ping Mr. Utsav Batra and he does confirm that the website has been closed from Today. All pending orders shall be cleared though.

Pretty sad to see such a nice website close down so soon.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th January 2016 at 20:50.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 09:19   #96

Canvas Ink has shut down and won't respond to any of my messages. Stop ordering from them.
varshi93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 09:53   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varshi93 View Post
Canvas Ink has shut down and won't respond to any of my messages. Stop ordering from them.
Buddy, not to nitpick,

When the whole website and venture has shut down, where and how would one order?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 12:09   #98
BHPian

Default Re: Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
First of all Happy 2016 to all BHPians. Here is the update, will go in sequence.

30th Dec'15

Slightly , very next morning went to known too tires and detailing shop in Paschim Vihar (approx 20 minutes from my residence). I explained him my issue (front number plate was broken) and requested him to get a new pair asap. He had shown few designs and I opted for The Swiss One as they look different. Got plates delivered and fixed within 3 hours as promised by the dealer all in 1300 bucks with 2 complimentary stickers for free.

Please note, these plates are NOT from Canvas Ink

Attachment 1455409

Quality was good and pair looked really nice on my Blue Ritz

Attachment 1455421

Attachment 1455423

I asked whether he can take orders from other parts to India and he is willing to do so.

Meanwhile until next morning i.e.

31st Dec'15

Got this package with an apology.

These plates ARE from Canvas Ink

Attachment 1455410

Attachment 1455424

Thought of what to do with this pair?

Later got this text from Canvas Ink..

Attachment 1455420

..decided to keep both pairs & rolled back complaint from PayuM

p.s.Utsav, here is my feedback as you will be reading this for sure. I would have accepted your logistic issues and waited patiently if communication was proper from your team. That's what is being expected in previous complaints and let's hope you work seriously on this. Good luck!
Can you please share the details of that dealer?
The Venom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 15:40   #99

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Buddy, not to nitpick,

When the whole website and venture has shut down, where and how would one order?
Buddy, maybe the "Stop ordering from them" part of the post was meaningless, but I was very clear that Canvas Ink was not responding to my messages. I was a regular and have purchased atleast 10 pairs of plates and each one of my orders were placed through WhatsApp to Mr. Utsav Batra directly. The whole point of the post was to let everybody know how irresponsible a seller could turn out to be.

I placed my order on 22 Dec, 2015 for a pair of plates, having deposited Rs.2300 to Mr. Batra's bank account one day earlier (21 Dec 2015). I waited patiently for almost a month, and messaged him on Jan 19, 2016. He said he would revert back to me by that night. And there has been no response ever since. I even asked for a refund. But, there was no reply whatsoever.

When one doesn't respond to any of your messages, won't you feel cheated? Even if the whole venture was shutdown, don't you think its his responsibility to explain that to his customers. He could've told me to wait for another month, and I gladly would have. But, ignoring messages is unacceptable.

So one could always transfer money and order through whatsapp, not knowing that the website/venture has been shut down. To save others the trouble I am going through, I posted that message. I will be more than happy to share the entire whatsapp conversation.
varshi93 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 17:51   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, maybe the "Stop ordering from them" part of the post was meaningless, but I was very clear that Canvas Ink was not responding to my messages.
I agree sir to what you have told. Sorry but I didn't mean to offend you.

Btw, what is the status of the order?
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 18:13   #101
Senior - BHPian

I had a pleasant experience dealing with Canvas Ink, they just made a small mistake when they forgot to do the stickers on the frame, he accepted his fault and told me that he will come and fix the same when am near Gurgaon but it does not bother me.

The plates look nice and the shipping was quick too, you need a lot of positive sentiment to keep your business going and this poll shows that most of the members were unhappy, no surprises that it shut down.

A few pics of my plates.
Number plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454330369.230189.jpgNumber plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454330418.153859.jpgNumber plates & merchandise: Canvas Ink (Gurgaon) EDIT: Closed!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454330444.198953.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:36   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I agree sir to what you have told. Sorry but I didn't mean to offend you.

Btw, what is the status of the order?

No sign of the plates showing up. And no response from him either.
varshi93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 21:48   #103
BHPian

The site seems to be back up guys.

Also, do we have to order a pair or just an order of a single plate gives you two for both the front and the rear?
sweetvar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 15:22   #104
BHPian

Yup even my order placed over a month back hasn't been shipped, I spoke to them through their faceboook page before placing the order and now they have vanished with my payment. Another fraudulent website
yash2424 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2016, 12:05   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Venom View Post
Can you please share the details of that dealer?
Sorry for my late response. Details are as follows

Shop: Wheels North

Location: Opposite Raddison Hotel, Outer Ring Road, Paschim Vihar, Delhi.

Address: AB Extn, Block G, Pushkar Enclave, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110063

Owner: Mr Anirudh Sethi
Phone: +91-7838485760
OneToughRider is offline   Reply With Quote