Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th August 2006, 18:57   #1

Default Honda City Zx (Pune/Mumbai)

Hi All Car Lovers,

I am new to Team BHP and loved to read all reviews and brainstorming discussions about cars, it was really nice experience indeed

Well the reason behind posting query is that I am planning to buy New Honda City ZX GXi, currently own white Zen. Could you please help me as I have few questions regarding Honda which will help me to decide on buying this car.

I have enquired at Deccan Honda and got response saying Rs. 8,07,000/- on road and will get Rs. 7000 discount.
Is this right price/discount? Or shall I enquire anywhere else. Deccan Honda is only dealer of Honda in the city.

Few accessories would like to buy.

Alloy Wheels: which one to go for? From dealer or any other shop?

175/65 R14 tubeless: I read that this is not comfortable on highways or potholes and suggestion are to upgrade to 195/65? What do you think?

Leather Seats: Read about Stanley, Ovion, where to buy? Dealer or any other shop? Are there any local manufacturers?

Sun Control film: Which one better? Shop?

Alpine double din: where to buy?

Color Warm Silver/Black: Not yet decided whether to go for warm silver or black. Do I need to do extra coating to protect and increase life of colors? Is Black comfortable in summer?

With experience you feel that I should have any other accessories/security or safety features?

take few minutes and share you knowledge to decide on these things. I hope to get some good answers. If you are not from Pune/Mumbai atleast tell mea about brand names.

Thanks & Regards,

Nilesh
sportive_guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 03:18   #2
BHPian

hi sportive,

first of all congrats to you for deciding to buy a city. about the price i am not sure but the accessories that you mentioned are common to most of the people who buy a car.

about the alloys u would get a wide variety of them but I would suggest you to go for Neo alloys or nowadays the car dealers themselves are offering alloys which suit the car the most

you can always go for the bigger tyres and if you do it the moment u buy the car u will get a good price for the existing ones

about the color I would go in for black , mainly because its not very common and about the summers your car (city) has got a very good ac

i would suggest that most of the accessories you should buy from the city dealer only
princesri1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 10:33   #3
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! to you
Sportive..
Black ZX looks very nice.Go for it if you can take care of it..
I use a black ikon. The only problem you'll face is when you car gets scratched..It looks very bad..Most of the time people just move their keys or rings along the door and you cant stop them. It hurts when you see you car in that condition..and you cant repaint it every month!!
Silver will be common but the scratches dont show up easily..
Now its upto you...

Alloys if they are Oem better you buy them from a dealer..
But if they are aftermarket then you should go and search for a shop.
Most of the time these dealers should put a company logo in place of the aftermaket logo and sell them at a higher price then what you could have obtained from a accessories shop!!

Seat covers too can be made from aaccessories shop..
Local shops make very good seats from art leather (works fine if you are moody and like to experiment)
Youll get an art leather for about rs.5000 to rs.6000,wheras original maybe for about rs.20000
But for original better to go for a authorised center.(some give you a warranty)

Sun control film you get many brands search through an accessories shop and youll find plenty..
V-cool is also nice but expensive..You can have the same effect from an impoirted film which cost less then it but you dont get warranty..
I got an imported one for my ikon for about rs.5000 and my grandfather's corolla has Vcool for about rs.20000 (includes windshield,mine doesnt)
But it works fine for me.. also mine is very light while mine grandfathers is dark..
I still use my ac at fan no.3 on very hot afternoons.never touched 4..

Get your sound system from an authorised shop which gives you a warranty,also sometimes they give free 1 year insurance too...

Get a nice security system..
I use Auto cop from Ford,its nice but you get many with additional features..
Now you even get one with tracking systems expensive but you know your car is safe...

Last edited by SRK : 5th August 2006 at 10:41.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 10:41   #4
BHPian

Go in for Black Dude..I have a NHC CVT Black,and I've put on Neowheels alloys(Titan 14 Chrome Model),and they look good on the car..you can check out the vehicle in the Team BHP Garage.
As for the Sun film - V-Kool is most expensive,but the best.
Other good films are : Llumar and FilmPro.
Even Garware is a branded cheaper option.I would suggest to go in for all 6 sides sun control if you put in sunfilm.
For the Audio System - good choice to go in for Alpine..excellent sound..but you'll need an equally good upgrade for your OEM speakers,since they just won't do justice to the Head Unit otherwise.
The discount part - well,any discount from Honda will be good..because I thought Honda vehicles have no discount on the on-road price !..(I didn't get anything ..even after threatening dealer that I'll go to their competitors showroom to book !)..
So,go in the the ZX,and I'm sure you'll enjoy it buddy.
Cheers,
-sr
srasania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 11:56   #5

Default Thanks buddy :-)

[COLOR=black]Princesri, SRK, Srasania thank you very much for inputs, really appreciate your suggestions [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Can anyone put some light on this "Do I need to do extra coating to protect and increase life of colors?" [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]If I go for bigger size tyres then will it affect car's suspension etc.? I mean, not giving bigger tyres to consumers on bumpy Indian roads, from Honda’s point reason is technical or economical? [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Please reply.[/COLOR]

Thanks & Regards, Nilesh
Old 7th August 2006, 13:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Alloy Wheels: which one to go for? From dealer or any other shop?
Dont go from dealer they will charge you more then double for it.

Quote:
175/65 R14 tubeless: I read that this is not comfortable on highways or potholes and suggestion are to upgrade to 195/65? What do you think?
Since you increarsing width of the tyres decrese the profile. i think 195/60/14 would be good.

Quote:
Sun Control film: Which one better? Shop?
Tried many of them. Trust me VKool is the best. It will give you antiglare property at night which other films though might be cheaper wont give.

Quote:
Can anyone put some light on this "Do I need to do extra coating to protect and increase life of colors?"
Yes it would be better if you go in for body lamination since black is tough to maintain.

Upsizing by 20mm wont affect the car or warranty according to Honda, its not
Quote:
technical
but surely
Quote:
economical
Mp421b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 11:25   #7

Thanks MP421b for reply.

I have read about TPC3 and they have shop in Pune which offers complete paint protection. I have gone through their site which mentions warranty for other things but not for exterior paint protection treatment.

Has anyone tried this treatment from TPC3 for other vendors for preserving BLACK color?

Regards,

Nilesh