Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 15th August 2006, 12:49   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Ever thought of this...?!

I was wondering if a Contessa (HM) can be converted to something like a shelby...very unconventional yet awesomely sexxy. BUt the main criteria is money, willin to spend abt 50k.
Hve checked out carsalesindia.com and came up with this (http://www.carsalesindia.com/viewadvert.jsp?adid=326)
(http://www.carsalesindia.com/viewadv...ellerinfo=true)
I would for starters want to change the look of the car by basically installing some wide-alloys, paint job and get some minor changes to the head lights etc. Maybe some air-filters and exhaust kits.
Pls tell me ur opinion,
Remember money is the main criteria.

vidvai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 13:24   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vidvai

You have touched a childhood dream of mine : And thats to customise a Contessa. It always had the image of a super-fast muscle car. Some modifications to the stock engine, minimalist body (remove huge bumpers etc.), appropriate rubber and a great paint job! I have seen Dilip Desais Contessa (tuner / rallyist from Pune) and that was the closest to this dream. He was apparently running close to 130 - 140 bhp and was a M-A-D driver.

Sadly, the Contessa has been relogated to history. The game has moved on for performance.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 13:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

you would want to follow the link here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...scle-cars.html (How about bringing back India muscle cars?)

GTO, I disagree when you say that the game has moved on. The charger and challenger are coming back. Just MAybee......................

Last edited by devarshi84 : 15th August 2006 at 13:29.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2006, 22:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
He was apparently running close to 130 - 140 bhp and was a M-A-D driver.
I know someone else like that. Infact, he spells M-A-D with a P.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 00:20   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I know someone else like that. Infact, he spells M-A-D with a P.
how did he get the 130-140 hp?????
pls do tell....

also, do u think a new engine is required or is the original stock sufficient? also whats the mileage that one can aim to achieve....
vidvai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 02:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

i had similar ideas for a standard 2000 till a few years back. does anyonehave tech specs of the standard.
seeing a well kept original standard 2000 makes my day

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 02:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

It's a horrid car. The chassis has all the rigidity of a plastic scale. And the Indian versions came with some sub 100 bhp engine. There was a nice Rover aluminium V8, handed down from Buick, if I remember, that put out about 150 bhp and 30 kgm. But India got some crappy 2 litre engine fit for not even a Matador.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 05:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....ndard2000f.htm

BTW: A topic on such Indian muscle cars is already on here too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...scle-cars.html
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 11:07   #9
BHPian

this is one of those thingz that has been playing in my head since two years...taking the conti and dumping in a northstar V8..man its gonna take effort but once done..you'll have to catch me riding dirty.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 12:44   #10
BHPian

For some years nows, I have been dreaming of plonking in a Chevy 305 in to our good old contessa!! but looking at the costs onvloved in buying a crate engine with decent milage/new, sourcing parts + custom duties put me off!! This would require a new transmission to be sourced from US too. This whole proj would cost upwards of $6000 ..Toomuch of a hastle!
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 13:11   #11
BANNED

I guess doing a conti will be especially expensive because we're all automatically looking at large displacement engines, which will attract much higher duties.

My first car was a Conti. Had always wanted to soup it up with a V8. Would be great to see someone actually do it!
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2006, 23:17   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
My first car was a Conti. Had always wanted to soup it up with a V8. Would be great to see someone actually do it!
Now a V8 engine is there in my wish list
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2006, 01:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Seal off the rear doors and make it a coupe, add a rollcage, and drop a 423 Hemi. Alter the front and make it slightly more square-ish, add mesh grill, with Xenon lamps and roll-on covers. Body should be in dark, sparkling silver. Coilovers, Brembos and custom steering with Sparco seats and aluminium shifter. A small angular hood scoop. No graphics whatsoever. 14" wired alloys running fat radials. Leather dash with custom Greddy and Autometer gauges. A 30 lbs silver tank hidden in the trunk, supplying laughing gas to a wet direct multi-port step-up system with altering boosts upto 120-shot. A top whack of 160 Mph, 0-100 in below 6, and 1/4 mile about 12..

Total costs; 12,000 U.S $+.

This's my dream. My vision. One day, when I have enough money and time...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2006, 09:27   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Contessa from NCG, Bby

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Alter the front and make it slightly more square-ish, add mesh grill,
OT - Had seen a few Contessa's in Mumbai, that looked better than the stock ones. They used to have a dealer sticky on the back side saying "National Car Garage". I think NCG was a HM dealer there .. any of you guys in BBY spotted one of these ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2006, 15:21   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Seal off the rear doors and make it a coupe, add a rollcage, and drop a 423 Hemi. Alter the front and make it slightly more square-ish, add mesh grill, with Xenon lamps and roll-on covers. Body should be in dark, sparkling silver. Coilovers, Brembos and custom steering with Sparco seats and aluminium shifter. A small angular hood scoop. No graphics whatsoever. 14" wired alloys running fat radials. Leather dash with custom Greddy and Autometer gauges. A 30 lbs silver tank hidden in the trunk, supplying laughing gas to a wet direct multi-port step-up system with altering boosts upto 120-shot. A top whack of 160 Mph, 0-100 in below 6, and 1/4 mile about 12..

Total costs; 12,000 U.S $+.

This's my dream. My vision. One day, when I have enough money and time...

Total cost 12,000US$ plus........ drool dool drool that's all it's possible for me to do now...
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote