Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 12th May 2015, 10:09   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
There is no S10 in the pics. Its a palio NV. Also i dont think the common yellow cars are stealing the lime light from a custom painted unique car.
Palio in itself is a unique car. And I also agree yellow is stealing the show there.

Palio if done with taste can look good in any sporty color, body lines are too good.
mchanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 10:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Restoration Log - Fiat Palio 1.6L GTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post
Palio in itself is a unique car. And I also agree yellow is stealing the show there.

Palio if done with taste can look good in any sporty color, body lines are too good.
Yeah the owner of the yellow behind got to say this

S10s are really unique ones due to the only 500 badges. But adding yellow nvs to it fiat has made the yellows so common, that you can make out a palio even from half a km distance. I preferred stealth mode. I have lost the count as to how many people have asked me which car this is.

I really don't think the body lines are that great like the modern punto or linea.

I think palio owners should also concentrate on performance mods, the prime reason why we bought it when we have other cars lying in the garage

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 12th May 2015 at 10:36.
amit_mechengg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 11:03   #63
BHPian

Thats an epic restoration of Palio Amit. AWESOME

I'm too planning for a restoration of my GTX (2001 make) which has run 1.3L kms. Have already bought the necessary suspension components(30K). whats the color (code/no) and the brand of the paint that was used. Fantastic workmanship.

I was planning for using the polo GT Ash Grey color for my restoration. But this one looks even better!
Also would like to request if the same color can be used for my car in Bangalore

Did you manage to keep a detailed breakup (including components bought) for this restoration. This would really help me to keep aside a budget and plan appropriately.
ravikn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 13:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Restoration Log - Fiat Palio 1.6L GTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
I really don't think the body lines are that great like the modern punto or linea.
After this damn good job on the Palio, people if given a choice between this Palio and a Punto/Linea would continue to stare at this gangsta car rather than even the Tuscan wine Punto/Linea.

Its been quite a long time since my last request for an interior pics, kindly upload them at the earliest. Also if I could get a good wallpaper pic of the palio, desiring to keep it on my laptop.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 11:03   #65

That is a fantastic looking Palio gtx Amit_mechengg. It looks like it's racing even when it's standing still

This is one car which can give even today's car owners a run for their money. From ideation to execution - you have seen the whole process through with a singular vision n mission. The outcome of this mountainous effort in the form of this beautiful machine is just a reflection of that.

What I really love is the extent you have gone to restore a legendary machine whereas an easier and a "logical" thing would be to buy a recent car with the same money. But logic doesn't give you the content and joy of driving a fully restored Italian masterpiece really laud the passion you have towards these cars

I recently purchased a Palio 1.6 sport stile and the inspiration to do that was my brother's Palio 1.6 gtx. Like in your case, I went crazy after driving that machine a couple times. We are now looking to restore the gtx considering its 15 years old. Not that the car needs any restoration. It runs perfectly fine even today. Just do up the interiors and a good paint job.

Your restoration project has a lot to offer for other Palio owners in terms of learning. That's one insane looking Palio. Congratulations and wish you many happy miles on your machine
sdubey23 is offline   Reply With Quote