Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th May 2015, 00:48   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
This is what I call a build Sir! Congrats on the same. If only I had a mod-friendly Japanese car sitting in my garage, would definitely do what you have done, with the pocket permitting of course.

The alloys slapped on with 225ers looks oh-so-great. Great choice of colour too!

Curious: By how much would the 0-100 time increase if you tune it for utmost outright perfromance?

Cheers,
Neel
I thank you for your compliments. Wouldn't matter if your car is a JDM or a euro or from any other manufacturer. There's always things you could personalize your car with even the slightest margin of money. End of the day you'd want to exit the car and take a second look at it and feel proud..! Bhuvan's car like he mentioned did the run in 7.1 seconds which is insane for a Civic.. I'd say with the utmost confidence that his is the fastest Civic in India.. And he could do better numbers with more work into it. Bottom line what I'm implying is there is no limit to what a car can perform with the right mods/tune. Coming to my car I cannot comment on what better time it would do unless I retune it for a peak 0-100 run. I didn't intend the car to be fast on a straight line. My intention was to make the drive more enjoyable and make me grin more everytime I feather the throttle. I feel Joel has delivered that. I'll be doing another 0-100 run with Joel at the wheel again when time permits me off of work. End of the day a custom build is always inclined towards the requirements of the customer, it doesn't imply the car is not capable of achieving more.

Last edited by blahman : 9th May 2015 at 00:54. Reason: Typo
blahman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 18:27   #32
BHPian

Default Re: My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic

Fantastic post, Blahman! The car does look lovely.
I too have been following Joel's and Bhuvan's posts on team-bhp and I believe you couldn't have done better.

The gauges are gorgeous, with the graphics being a bit reminiscent of the Jaguar CX-75 concept, don't you think?
Attached Thumbnails
My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-jaguarcx7503.jpg  

rohan_cherian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2015, 13:53   #33

What a brilliant write up Blahman! Absolutely immersing and makes me want to turbo my puny little Brio
camaroZL1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 12:44   #34
BHPian

Mod Note : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on this board.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by .anshuman : 12th May 2015 at 13:03. Reason: See Note in Post
smokin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 13th September 2015, 22:47   #35
BHPian

Hi Anoop,

Can we please please have some videos dude. Have already requested Bhuvan a couple of times but have had no luck. Just wanna see how fast do the nos on the speedo change after the cars been boosted

Hope you have been having some wonderful road trips with your seriuosly fast ride. Please share some details of how you have been enjoying the little gem you have.

Lastly how is the reliability and how many kms you have already done after the mods. If you could share some details then I am sure it will motivate many other gear heads to boost their cars. Guys like yourself are really helping people like us who dream of owning and enjoying fast and exciting rides but dont have the courage to go all out with the mods. I am sure the trend will eventually grow and become some what comparable to the after market tuning scene like in the developed markets of U.S. etc.

Meanwhile wishing you many more happy miles with your wonderful ride...Cheers!
Merc_lover666 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 10:58   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 View Post
Hi Anoop,

Can we please please have some videos dude. Have already requested Bhuvan a couple of times but have had no luck. Just wanna see how fast do the nos on the speedo change after the cars been boosted

Hope you have been having some wonderful road trips with your seriuosly fast ride. Please share some details of how you have been enjoying the little gem you have.

Lastly how is the reliability and how many kms you have already done after the mods. If you could share some details then I am sure it will motivate many other gear heads to boost their cars. Guys like yourself are really helping people like us who dream of owning and enjoying fast and exciting rides but dont have the courage to go all out with the mods. I am sure the trend will eventually grow and become some what comparable to the after market tuning scene like in the developed markets of U.S. etc.

Meanwhile wishing you many more happy miles with your wonderful ride...Cheers!
Thanks Merc_lover666 Yup I shall post the video over the weekend.. I've done roughly around 3000 kms after the turbo build and haven't had any major issues. The engine mount got screwed because I was driving it carelessly on a very bad patch of road and it cracked the exhaust manifold, so I had to get that replaced. Joel fixed it in a jiffy. That's the only concerning thing I've had to deal with. Bhuvan told me it's a factory defect and other Civic owners have posted on the Civic thread on team-bhp with similar issues with the mount.

Saw your car at Joel's the other day.. Reminded me of my car before the whole cosmetic hoohah and was shocked to see that it had hardly done 17,000 kms.. Great find though..! Can't wait for the build to be done man.. It's going to be one kick ass ride with the planned build..!
blahman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 11:56   #37
BHPian

There's a video of the car getting tuned for now though

Here are a few pictures of the car a friend clicked

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-dsc_2499.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-dsc_2383.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-dsc_2408.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-dsc_2416.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-dsc_2375.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-img_4197.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-dsc_2400.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-dsc_2380.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-dsc_2425.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-img_4211.jpg

My Turbo-Charged Honda Civic-img_4212.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th September 2015 at 12:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Inserting images in the post.
blahman is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 19:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Looks really good blahman! Like merc_lover wrote, would really love to see a video of your car on a road. There seems to be a lot of noise in the dyno video but from whatever is audible, the car sounds fabulous.

After reading your thread, took my car to Joel as well. Sadly my car has run 99,000km and is a automatic. So have sidelined any idea of dropping a turbo at the moment.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 10:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Looks really good blahman! Like merc_lover wrote, would really love to see a video of your car on a road. There seems to be a lot of noise in the dyno video but from whatever is audible, the car sounds fabulous.

After reading your thread, took my car to Joel as well. Sadly my car has run 99,000km and is a automatic. So have sidelined any idea of dropping a turbo at the moment.
Thank you Fullrevs Will try to shoot a video this Sunday on my cousin's action cam.. There's always plenty of potential project car hopefuls in the second hand market.. It's never too late
Old 20th September 2015, 11:54   #40
BHPian

Hey Anoop,

Your ride looks and sounds like a dream come true...bro need to learn a thing or two from you on cosmetic upgrades for my civic once Joel is done with the mechanicals. The matte black looks super duper sexy especially the alloys just give it the right contrast effect and keep the look sutle and imposing at the same time. Brilliant job brother just goes to show how much of heart and soul you have put into getting the car to look like how it does now. Right down to the font and placement of the no plates, the head and tail lights, the DRL's everything looks like just how it should be a part of the total package. Not one item looks out of place, even the brilliant fitment of the gauges in the custom pod. Just FANTASTIC!!!!

VERY VERY TASTEFULLY MODIFIED RIDE...RESPECT

Really really eagerly looking forward to the video upload. Meanwhile all the best to you, wishing you many thrilling and exciting miles with your stupendous ride. Btw have you named your ride?
Old 22nd September 2015, 01:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Anoop,

Your ride looks and sounds like a dream come true...bro need to learn a thing or two from you on cosmetic upgrades for my civic once Joel is done with the mechanicals. The matte black looks super duper sexy especially the alloys just give it the right contrast effect and keep the look sutle and imposing at the same time. Brilliant job brother just goes to show how much of heart and soul you have put into getting the car to look like how it does now. Right down to the font and placement of the no plates, the head and tail lights, the DRL's everything looks like just how it should be a part of the total package. Not one item looks out of place, even the brilliant fitment of the gauges in the custom pod. Just FANTASTIC!!!!

VERY VERY TASTEFULLY MODIFIED RIDE...RESPECT

Really really eagerly looking forward to the video upload. Meanwhile all the best to you, wishing you many thrilling and exciting miles with your stupendous ride. Btw have you named your ride?
Thank you man It was a mad year and what a canvas the civic is..! I'll be more than happy to help you out with the cosmetic upgrades when your car is done getting a complete overhaul at Joel's.. The color is actually a dark shade of satin matte grey, hence it looks black in pictures. Apologies for late update. The whole video taping episode was kind of a dud to an extent and was looking for some video editing software. Just got done with it a while ago..

As promised here it is,

P.S I know it wasn't what you were expecting exactly but well those are the best ones we could manage over the weekend.. And the other clips i can't post it because of the guidelines.. Let me know when you come down to take a look at your car, I'll come by to Joel's and you can drive it yourself.. Videos don't put across half of it
blahman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 20:04   #42
BHPian

Hi Anoop,

Happy Diwali to you hope you had a nice festival and apologies for the belated wishes. So is there anything new and exciting you have to share with us all any news mods being planned???

Also bro how is the reliability on your ride. How many kms done since the mod now and how is the overall experience of a modded car on a daily basis. Your experience and sharing few tips will go a long way to guide those like me who are inbthe process of modding their cars or are thinking about taking the plunge.

Ps: anymore vids to share may be u can send by watsapp on my cell 9820555221
Old 19th November 2015, 21:30   #43
BHPian

I just realised I've seen your car a few times on MG Road, and the pictures just don't do justice to your paintjob. Also, your car sounds eargasmic! I envy you, man.
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anoop,

Happy Diwali to you hope you had a nice festival and apologies for the belated wishes. So is there anything new and exciting you have to share with us all any news mods being planned???

Also bro how is the reliability on your ride. How many kms done since the mod now and how is the overall experience of a modded car on a daily basis. Your experience and sharing few tips will go a long way to guide those like me who are inbthe process of modding their cars or are thinking about taking the plunge.

Ps: anymore vids to share may be u can send by watsapp on my cell 9820555221
Sorry I couldn't get back earlier, was busy with the K1000 rally.
Thank you for the wishes.. I've driven around 5000 odd Kms and not any major issues at all.. mechanically its as solid as a tank.. Just the piggyback has a few minor issues, the AFR's go nutters sometimes.. Replacing it with a standalone when I go back for the engine build so I can comfortably run more boost..

I upgraded to better projectors and sequential LED strip from Retro Rides.. Just came to the office today and found it in the godown.. Will fit it in the next couple of days and upload few videos of it.. I met Joel at the rally and I hear your car is well on it's way for the beast it's going to be.. My build took 3 months and the wait was frustrating in a way maybe because I couldn't wait to drive it.. End of the day it's not as simple as putting a few lego pieces together right?

I'll get in touch with you over your handphone, your car is in good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
I just realised I've seen your car a few times on MG Road, and the pictures just don't do justice to your paintjob. Also, your car sounds eargasmic! I envy you, man.
Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliments
Old 25th November 2015, 19:07   #45
BHPian

Blahman, im curious to know, have you had any issues with the header and exhaust?
james is offline   Reply With Quote