Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2006, 17:57   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Hey,

Can you tell me the size of Alto, Zen, WagonR, Swift and Esteem Break Booster ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Ok, I've decided to get Esteem's brake booster for all the brake lines.
For now, It'll do the job I think.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 20:44   #77
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

My friend has a 2001 1000cc Alto. He recently did the head polishing etc and this week sending it for the cam job. Now with the increase in power of the car, he will have to improve the car's handling with an upgraded suspension kit and brake kit. Please suggest the cost and list the kit that needs to go into the car.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 23:17   #78
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

As for the suspension, the alto is pretty sturdy. Strut braces and a bit of tuning to the shocks will do a good job.
But for brakes, look deeper for better options. The stock brakes only sucks, but dont bite. I've tried searching for upgrade kits, but found none. Then I decided to go for Esteem boosters. But still have to get more details of fitment, costs etc...
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 09:43   #79
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
As for the suspension, the alto is pretty sturdy. Strut braces and a bit of tuning to the shocks will do a good job.
But for brakes, look deeper for better options. The stock brakes only sucks, but dont bite. I've tried searching for upgrade kits, but found none. Then I decided to go for Esteem boosters. But still have to get more details of fitment, costs etc...
Thanks ZAK, keep me posted on your upgrades.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 20:15   #80
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Question Engine Swap!!

Ok Guyz! Brake upgrade is on the way! It'll be in soon.

Time for an engine swap!
Yes, I'm in here to announce that. The Alto needs an engine swap! I'm looking for a used 1.1 (Alto VXI/WagonR) engine. The engine mounts are quite similar and makes things easier. The thingy can produce quite efficient power and torque for this car. And with the mods, It'll be a pleasure to move!!

Guyz! Could anybody help me source this engine?? It'd be very helpful.
And normally what's the cost of these engines?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 22:15   #81
rks
BANNED
 
rks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ??
Posts: 1,237
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Ok Guyz! Brake upgrade is on the way! It'll be in soon.

Time for an engine swap!
Yes, I'm in here to announce that. The Alto needs an engine swap! I'm looking for a used 1.1 (Alto VXI/WagonR) engine. The engine mounts are quite similar and makes things easier. The thingy can produce quite efficient power and torque for this car. And with the mods, It'll be a pleasure to move!!
I am not an expert, but something tells me that you should have swapped the engine first before installing the K&N filter and freeflow. Won't the filter, air intake and exhaust sytem have to be designed differently when you change from 0.8 lit engine to 1.1 lit?
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 22:42   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
I am not an expert, but something tells me that you should have swapped the engine first before installing the K&N filter and freeflow. Won't the filter, air intake and exhaust sytem have to be designed differently when you change from 0.8 lit engine to 1.1 lit?
Yup but I think only the FF would have to be changed since the 0.8 is a 3-cylinder whereas the 1.1 is a 4-cylinder engine. One jugaad would be to only change the headers & use the rest of the existing setup but that would have to be checked out if it is possible.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 23:38   #83
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
I am not an expert, but something tells me that you should have swapped the engine first before installing the K&N filter and freeflow. Won't the filter, air intake and exhaust sytem have to be designed differently when you change from 0.8 lit engine to 1.1 lit?
It's right what youe said! But it only applies to Freeflow as iRaghava has said. And I've got a buyer ready for it. So, I'll just get another 4X2X1 headers and freeflow for the 1.1 engine.
K&N stays where it is and not even a nut has to be changed to fit it into the 1.1 engine.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 06:41   #84
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
It's right what youe said! But it only applies to Freeflow as iRaghava has said. And I've got a buyer ready for it. So, I'll just get another 4X2X1 headers and freeflow for the 1.1 engine.
K&N stays where it is and not even a nut has to be changed to fit it into the 1.1 engine.
OT! hello! did I read it right? I bet that if the car had AI or something, it would have changed the nut who drives it!

and can the Zen's engine be plonked into it?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 13:44   #85
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Jk! What's A1?

Zen engine can be plonked in, but there'll be slight differences in engine mounts which can cause excess vibrations. So would like to go for the 1.1!
Know anybody wants to sell/swap theirs?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 14:41   #86
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,896
Thanked: 2,477 Times
Default

I think he means Aritificial Intelligence
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 15:40   #87
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Lightbulb

Ok, I read it wrong! It's AI.
For sure JK. And the bloody nut who owns the car!

BTW, Just got some leads to an imported WagonR engine belting out 100BHP!!!!
Seems it will be an overkill for my car. Or will it be fine????

Yes, I'm seriously thinking of getting it plonked in.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 16:07   #88
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,896
Thanked: 2,477 Times
Default

See the Alto outside India is a 1.1 liter one (atleast the one I saw in NZ was) So teh Body is definetly made for such power. And since you are doiing suspension Mods I think with some better rubber it should be fine with the 100 bhp engine
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 18:31   #89
Joz
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dubai
Posts: 247
Thanked: Once
Default

Buddy, if you are taking the effort to get a swap done, i would say go for a twin cam engine. I remember Psycho talking about some possible options.
Joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 00:59   #90
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

So, the 100BHP engine is after all fittable in Alto!!!
Just went to some places to confirm that.

But still, I think a 1.1ltr stock WagonR engine will be fine too. BTW, has anybody plonked any bigger engine in Alto??
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspension Mods for Gypsy MexXxentric Modifications & Accessories 9 28th March 2010 20:17
Suspension mods for Alto LXi VIVEKPPAI Modifications & Accessories 0 19th January 2010 15:15
NHC Suspension at 62,000KM - Want a better alternative to the OEM Honda suspension anandpadhye Technical Stuff 15 13th September 2008 18:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks