Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 4th September 2006, 07:59   #16
BHPian

Why no Intercooler ??? but mentioned in specs ??? with out that shes just pumping hot air in the engine & no engine management,better injectors,spark plugs not even a basic F.P.R ! & they say Turbo ! i am feeling very sorry for the customer god pls help him i am sure he must have paid a huge amount for this crap. it looks more of Cosmetics mods with colour ful wires & covers, A Cosmetic Turbocharger

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 4th September 2006 at 08:04.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 08:15   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
A Cosmetic Turbocharger

just give the customer a loud exhaust and make him believe that he is going really fast.and play a cd which repeatedly gives out hissing sounds and tell the customer that its a bov.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 13:45   #18
aZa
Senior - BHPian

well well ... i'm sure it has a "NOS" kit too which has been instructed to be run at standstill. lol

helli baby does this ring a bell?
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 13:51   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

ya dude i remember,it was hilarious.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 13:57   #20
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witnesstowonder
any one intrested in a test drive is welcome.
As mentioned, why not some of the Delhi boys go and actually see it.
This will make things clear.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 14:25   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
As mentioned, why not some of the Delhi boys go and actually see it.
This will make things clear.
Waste our precious fuel driving down to his place ... Im sure we will be told that its either sold ( and shipped to some town where he knows none of us will ever reach ) or gone for a drag on the Jaipur highway or maybe hes listed a 100 excuses incase someone does land up !!

Dunno but saw an add of him selling one of these modded machines of his ,... reason coz he wants to buy a baleno ( cud be some other car ) and mod that .... HILLARIOUS !!! I wonder why the MODS havnt deleted a self advertising thread so far ??

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 16:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm I'm now seriously thinking of going there & telling him I want my VTEC T'charged & if he can offer a test drive of the TD'ed Lancer!! Might be worth a shot to see what crap he's done!

Say aZa you game??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 20:14   #23

trust me guyz Iam from delhi
and I've seen the work of this guy
Guess wat?
This guy is so obssesed by his crapy work he won't share a thing with u,Moreover he'll just keep suspecting you that u might steal his COOL NINJA TECHNIQUE of modifying cars in the the most weird manner.
anyways I would like me to share a instance with u guyz
i had got F.P.R installed from this guy long time before guess wat hee did...........he first installed the original(O.E) F.P.R on my lancer and then hooked up another (Aftermarket) F.P.R.Therefore I was running with twin FPR's on my car end of the story.
Eklavya

Note from support team: We know you're excited but that doesn't allow you to use more smilies. Please go through the announcement section for board rules.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th September 2006 at 10:28.
Eklavya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 20:47   #24
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

We have asked the person concerned to respond to your queries
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 20:56   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Note from Mod

We have asked the person concerned to respond to your queries
Hey, Id recomend that you probably shift it with ur powers to the Joke of the Day section ... !!! Or maybe give him a 24 hr notice to respond to all queries .. If not , it heads to the section I mentioned -- BUT PLS DON"T DELETE IT ....

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 21:31   #26

Default lancer turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastaway
Dude it was good that you are not in banglore your both car honda & this one looks like a glorified air blower only pls have some respect for turbo! & thers nothing by name of Trust as engine management from greddy which u said r using for honda.

p.s: no offence meant.

Looks like u have just about no clue whatsoever, about engine management systems.buddy.
pls log on to www.greddy.com, search for TRUST (ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, E-MANAGE ULTIMATE) AND GET YOUR FACTS CLEAR.
witnesstowonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2006, 21:54   #27

The car is running on 12PSI boost and has stock injectors,
1) Some people can't see the difference between a stock manifold and this turbo manifold, you are requested to kindly pop the hool of a Lancer and see the difference.

2)Others can't see the turbo/intercooler- If there is no turbo/intercooler then.... maybe you have never seen a turbo lancer before, or have no clue who a turbo works.
The photo is clear enough to show the there is a modified "inverted L " shaped air intake pipe that is feeding air into the intake manifold. Also the air filter is way over to the right side, and there is no direct air supply connection between the air filter and the air intake (Throttle body).
Will be posting the photo of the intercooler tomm.

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Kindly avoid posting in capital.

Last edited by adya33 : 5th September 2006 at 10:47.
witnesstowonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 11:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witnesstowonder
Others can't see the turbo/intercooler- If there is no turbo/intercooler then.... maybe you have never seen a turbo lancer before, or have no clue who a turbo works.
The photo is clear enough to show the there is a modified "inverted L " shaped air intake pipe that is feeding air into the intake manifold. Also the air filter is way over to the right side, and there is no direct air supply connection between the air filter and the air intake (Throttle body).
Will be posting the photo of the intercooler tomm.
Well have seen quite a few turbo installs (Both DIY and Professional) in my life and have done one my own car and have worked with a couple of friends on theirs to be sure of what I am talking of.

Well if one used a turbo the air would go the following path:

Air Filter > Turbo > Intake Manifold if there was no intercooler
Air Filter > Turbo > Intercooler > Intake Manifold if there was an intercooler

As for the intercooler can kinda agree as the plumbing is coming from across the engine bay but as they say seeing is believing

12 PSI boost intresting and that too with stock injectors (The stock injectors will not be able to flow enough or you would be exceeding the 80% threshold.) a lil hard to believe, It is just that have seen enough engines blown up because of faulty installs and dont tend to last even a week max.

How are you controlling the boost as I do not see a boost controller on your list... as typical turbo's come with a 6 PSI wastegate max?

Also at 12 PSI the car will require a 2 bar MAP sensor in place for it to work properly which again is not on your list. Will gaurantee that your engine check light comes on in the 4500 to 5000 rpm range, and the car will be running in limp mode. Try disconnecting the battery to the car for 15 mins and reconnect and you will see that the car is faster again till the check light comes on.

Based on these points I can say for sure that the car is not running fine.

Just a request, you want to share info please do accept criticsm as all of us will have to answer a million questions out here.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 16:26   #29
BHPian

Hi Witness,

Congrats on your project. Just out of curiosity - What AFR are you running on max load. Have you been able to monitor EGT and can you please tell me what is the max EGT and duration of run. Could you also please tell us how you are fuelling with stock injectors for so much of boost ? I am not doubting you integrity, so please don't misunderstand. I was just putting in some figures together and seems highly impossible and therefore my question. Also what BSFC and duty cycle factor did you use for injector calculation ?

Thanx in advance.

Last edited by Sideways : 5th September 2006 at 16:29.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 17:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you boys scared him off...
I think so too.

But seriously, where is the Turbo in the pics? Can someone point it out to me!!!

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote