Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th September 2006, 17:40   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I think so too.

Shan2nu
Shan, you have enough knowledge about how things work. Put the figures together my friend. I dont know how he's done it and i just want to know how. Maybe I am doing something wrong and I just want to clarify. Nothing else. Promise
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 17:57   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Shan, you have enough knowledge about how things work. Put the figures together my friend. I dont know how he's done it and i just want to know how. Maybe I am doing something wrong and I just want to clarify. Nothing else. Promise

Guys,

Now come on stop bullying this guy yaar. Remember we must welcome newbies and encourage them remember MktgheadFerrari and his quad turbo project.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 18:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Guys,

Now come on stop bullying this guy yaar. Remember we must welcome newbies and encourage them remember MktgheadFerrari and his quad turbo project.

Viper
Now that was the biggest piece of bullcrap I had heard in my life!! Quad Turbo & Supercharger to boot if I remember correctly Have to say the guy had a very very vivid imagination!!

And anyways I have made up my mind to go & visit witnesstowonder to see what he's on about. Will get as much material for you people as I can including Pics, Videos, Soundbytes etc. if possible. And just to make it even better I will pretend I have no knowledge whatsoever & I am a newbie to performance modding & turbo charging!! This was Khaadu's idea & should be a lot of fun!

Wish me luck on my noble mission fellas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by team dragstar
turbo?????????? kidhar hai???
Ghaas charne gaya hai aata hoga abhi.

Last edited by iraghava : 5th September 2006 at 18:48.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 18:50   #34
aZa
Senior - BHPian

hahah iraghav i'm coming along... this is gonna be fun
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 20:47   #35

Looks to me like most guys on this forum are just playstation 2 kids, who either have nothing on there cars / or / have an airfilter and an exhaust(that too god only knows, has been installed properly or not).as i am aware of a guy who sells some -sard/local filters under the knn brand name in gurgoan.anyway
YES THERE ARE GUYS HERE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT-and i definately respect there knowledge and passion for engines, these are the guys who work and tune cars and , know the diffrence between a person who has just THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE(from books and playstation) AND A PERSON WHO ACTUALLY PRACTICALLY TUNES CARS EVERY DAY.
PS- I AM NOT HERE TO DISRESPECT ANYONE, but the guys who just talk and talk and talk, and have no clues about engines and ECU management systems can just -go take a walk...
ALL ARE WELCOME TO OUR WORKSHOP, ANYTIME.- incase some guys are really intrested we would not mind sharing the retrofitting of turbos in cars as we are currently doing 2 - lancer/swift.
witnesstowonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 21:08   #36
Team-BHP Support

Note from the Mods
This thread is bringing out the best...and the worst in some of us

witness2wonder - you will gain credibility if you answer the questions posed by those who are in the know!!! They have been most decent in asking and stating facts. The generic replies that people do not know anything needs to be backed up by th fact that you know something

Others (too many to name) - we are watching !!!!! Do take up any invitation to view installation and report back

We expect credible answers in 24 hours leading to a return to healthy discussions or else Chop chop. We want facts, not a war on fiction

Last edited by ajmat : 5th September 2006 at 21:09.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 21:23   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Note from the Mods
This thread is bringing out the best...and the worst in some of us

witness2wonder - you will gain credibility if you answer the questions posed by those who are in the know!!! They have been most decent in asking and stating facts. The generic replies that people do not know anything needs to be backed up by th fact that you know something

Others (too many to name) - we are watching !!!!! Do take up any invitation to view installation and report back

We expect credible answers in 24 hours leading to a return to healthy discussions or else Chop chop. We want facts, not a war on fiction
Hey Ajmat,

I had reported this post to the mods and have not got any reply. How is he being allowed to self advertise. I think an explanation either here or via PM is due.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 21:26   #38
BHPian

all i can add is...
only answer psycho's and sideways questions...
i know these two are very relevant guys who are not joking around....
i guess that will prove ur knowledge and keep the others quite

p.s. - Me think you meant vuuffers and not subs
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2006, 00:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ajmat give me some more time I am out of town. Once, I am back expect a definitive answer on this chap good or bad and may I add with as much evidence as possible.

P.S. Don't expect the results to be pretty though, my expectations are pretty low after reading the queries & his reponses.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2006, 08:23   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey Ajmat,

I had reported this post to the mods and have not got any reply. How is he being allowed to self advertise. I think an explanation either here or via PM is due.

Viper
I have PM'd you but in summary

1: Is witness a professional tuner or a hobbyist? We have no knowledge except a lot of cribbing going on
2: Judging by the way the thread responses is going - would one want this kind of advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Ajmat give me some more time I am out of town. Once, I am back expect a definitive answer on this chap good or bad and may I add with as much evidence as possible.
Thanks for the initiative, nice to someone actiing instead of mere words

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2006 at 16:03.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2006, 12:10   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
I have PM'd you but in summary

1: Is witness a professional tuner or a hobbyist? We have no knowledge except a lot of cribbing going on --
2: Judging by the way the thread responses is going - would one want this kind of advertising

QUOTE=iraghava]Ajmat give me some more time I am out of town. Once, I am back expect a definitive answer on this chap good or bad and may I add with as much evidence as possible.
Thanks for the initiative, nice to someone actiing instead of mere words[/quote]

Hey Ajmat , Im sure we all know that he aint a hobbyist ... he definitely is a self proclaimed tuner who probably in the Delhi circle is a complete NO NO !! His claim to fame is that he won some Rally one year , and retiring after that one win . Now he tunes cars ... but I still have to meet one guy whos happy with the work ( specially after he shows it to an actual tuner ) ...

I also had put in a post about self advertising ... seems no one took notice !!

Cheers

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2006 at 16:04.
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2006, 12:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey witness please realise not everyone here is to put you down however, yes we would like the right information to be shared rather than anyone being misguided, hope you do understand and revert to the queries.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2006, 23:23   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Dosent the man have a right to turbocharge his Lancer any way he wants? So what if it dosent work right out of the box.............nobody got it right the first time........whether it was Henry Ford or Karl Benz.

Lets appreciate the effort , learn from his mistakes and suggest improvements. Please stop the herd mentality of bashing people with no facts.

W2W already invited people for a TD in his first post and that shows his confidence in his work. Why dont you guys go check it out before passing judgement.

Last edited by Mpower : 6th September 2006 at 23:50.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 08:32   #44
BHPian

Hmm interesting topic going around i was away so i could not check on this anyways i think enough bashing has been done & we should leave him as it is & if he wants he will prove to you all in next year Speedrun (if he wants to) cause he just sharing his part of info and not claiming any figures, the questions asked by sideways is too technical for him to answer or may be i am wrong that he should prove it.

Also i would like to say that at T-Bhp you are here to share/ask your knowledge/information & experience but not to market yourself that what hes doing according to me.

Quote:
Looks to me like most guys on this forum are just playstation 2 kids
You need to expand your vision buddy spend some more time here & you will know

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 7th September 2006 at 08:43.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 11:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

its worthless pointing accusations from both sides before somebody else actually sees the car to believe the work.

And if it has been done, it is something extraordinary.

As a regards to this guy I applaud his work, unless someone who dislikes him, checks out on his work and posts proof.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote