Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th January 2007, 21:51   #16
Default My Petra got fitted with remote

Originally Posted by YsableKid View Post
While ironing out the final details, mainly financial, with the Tata-Fiat dealer, Concorde Motors, the salesmen claim that a Keyless Entry cannot be installed into the Palio and they don't recommend it as the 3 step door opening process of the car doesnot allow it; even if installed it will not work properly, like doors opening while travelling on bad roads or bumps, etc.

Is it true ? During my readings thru the threads of T-BHP, never came across this point; or did i miss some thread on this ? please guide me.

Thanks in advance and regards.
Utter nonsense, I got my 2004 Petra with Xenos remote lock. Petra essentially has the same 3 step door opening. Infact it was installed in the showroom for me.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 01:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

My esteem & xenos dont seem to jive. i have a problem. the remote works well, but the central locking from the main control does not work now. so everytime someone gets out of the car, either they have to open it manually or i have to switch off the engine to open the doors. pretty frustrating.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote