Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th September 2006, 09:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Had been to the lifestyle exhibition in palace grounds on sunday, there I saw a company called xenos displaying a loaded innova, the car had a music system with speakers all over and even the boot was completely filled up with subwoofers and what not. They had installed all their products in this car, seemed quite nice, has anyone here got a xenos product in their car? If yes, then what's the performance like? I was interested in their reverse proximity sensor, I was offered their high end system with LCD display and four sensors for 3000 rupees with installation free. Is it a good buy? any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 14:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Xenos is a 'Pricol' product. I got their keyless security system fitted in my car. Its been two years..no problems yet.
ashutoshb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 15:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb
Xenos is a 'Pricol' product. I got their keyless security system fitted in my car. Its been two years..no problems yet.
yeah, me too fitted the same, going by the pricol name, but am less than satisfied. the install was not done properly & i am having problems still, even after 6 months.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 16:29   #4
BHPian

There are already a few of us using some of Xenos' products, and there have been other threads on this brand.

No idea about their complete range of products, but I have their 350 Firewall + shock sensor, and gear-shift lock installed, since 4 months now.

no issues. had it installed by a Xenos chap, was quite professional and quick.

This brand attracted me due to the clean-chit life-time warranty. No other Indian brand gives it.
gbpscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 18:47   #5
DRC
BHPian

I too saw this Innova yesterday, It looked like a advertisement of their displays alone. Simply put there were too many of them, In dash, roof hung, on the door pads (Dont know how/who watches them), on the sun visor,...
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 23:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Xenos Cellfone Accessories and Central locks, power windows are good,
The Audio Stuff is total junk and their sales guys also dont know what they need to talk about, I once heard a guy from Xenos compare their Componenet Speakers to Kicker Component Speakers,
not that Kicker is anything Great but not nearly as bad as Xenos.
So it was a very bad sales pitch which made us laugh for half hour
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 00:04   #7
BANNED

Xenos security systems have more problems than Autocop or Nippon. Well, that's what I've seen with many cars here.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 17:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Xenos security systems have more problems than Autocop or Nippon. Well, that's what I've seen with many cars here.
Thats interesting because on the forum, the consensus seems to be with Xenos as a better option.

Anyway I had virtually made up my mind to go with Xenos but finallywent with Autocop8000. My friend who runs an accessories shop gave me a good price. I didnt have manual central locking to begin with. So it involved putting in the extra switches, which was done for free

Xenos offers lifetime warranty
VS
Autocops 3 years (can be renewed with an AMC).
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote