Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 31st December 2015, 16:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Hi Tanveer Can this self Park Asisst be fitted only for VW cars How much did it cost totally. Can this be done for the Ford Ecosport AT which I currently drive.

Hello! Only for VAG cars, Jetta, Superb, Octavia, Laura etc, Cost for me was pretty less since i have the highline version of the car, cost will vary according to the car and model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrikon_454 View Post
That's a great mod-job, Tanveer. I had experienced this in a Volvo before. It's a drool-worthy feature!

Can you deactivate it at any point? Like take over manually?

Thanks man!
Yes i can manually take over the car at any point of time, I just have to hold the steering the and system deactivates.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 13:09   #17
BHPian

Default re: Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2

Can this be installed on the Cheaper VW cars like the POLO TSI or VENTO or they do not support this feature.
manishkapadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 13:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Installed! Self Parking System in Jetta. EDIT: More videos on page 2

That is awesome Tanveer! Hats off to you for pulling off this complicated installation.

Please do share the complete details including parts, installation of the parts, difficulties faced, VCDS settings etc. I would love to attempt this on my Jetta after it completes 3 years.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 19:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Can this be installed on the Cheaper VW cars like the POLO TSI or VENTO or they do not support this feature.

Nope, Its not possible to install it for polo or vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
That is awesome Tanveer! Hats off to you for pulling off this complicated installation.

Please do share the complete details including parts, installation of the parts, difficulties faced, VCDS settings etc. I would love to attempt this on my Jetta after it completes 3 years.

Thanks brother!
I will surely update everything and also put more videos as soon as my road trip is over.

Please do try and get this installed, Its worth it totally! But why wait 3 years? For warranty to get over?
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 20:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
But why wait 3 years? For warranty to get over?

Hi Tanveer, as my Jetta is the DSG version, I want to be very cautious with warranty. That is why I want to wait atleast halway through extended warranty.
graaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 20:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi Tanveer, as my Jetta is the DSG version, I want to be very cautious with warranty. That is why I want to wait atleast halway through extended warranty.
Hello! Yes i can understand your concern, And hence i had opted for the MT version, But no doubt if no problems with the DSG, Its an amazing gearbox.
Old 11th January 2016, 19:42   #22
BHPian

Tanveer, Congrats on the complicated mod-job and one has to be really brave to undertake such a mission. Hats Off !
I have a 2009 Jetta TDI - AT and you have at-least got me thinking whether this modification should be considered . Not sure however, whether this car meets the necessary pre-requistes, though?
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 20:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
Tanveer, Congrats on the complicated mod-job and one has to be really brave to undertake such a mission. Hats Off !
I have a 2009 Jetta TDI - AT and you have at-least got me thinking whether this modification should be considered . Not sure however, whether this car meets the necessary pre-requistes, though?
It is possible, but a bit more complicated. We had installed it in a friends 2009 MT Jetta , but a bit complicated. Had to start from scratch. Installed all parking sensors + almost all new modules. Trouble shooting was also a bit tricky since we didn't have much information back then.

As long as you do your research, it can be done. And will need patience.
blackwasp is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 00:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly what blackwasp said, Its possible, But i won't recommend it, Specially for you it would be the costing which would go way way higher than mine which then makes this party trick an expensive affair.

I will be posting a couple of new videos soon, Along with the details.
Old 17th January 2016, 18:19   #25
BHPian

Thanks, Tanveer. My Jetta does have park-assist, so I believe the 4 sensors at the rear are already in place.

In any case, I look forward to the videos/details whenever you are ready to post them.
l
AutoSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 17:14   #26

I have a 2010 Passat 1.8TSI MT can I do the same to it?
Need some help
acejash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 22:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Tanveer. My Jetta does have park-assist, so I believe the 4 sensors at the rear are already in place.

In any case, I look forward to the videos/details whenever you are ready to post them.
l
Hello, Sorry for the late reply, I still haven't got a proper chance to take proper videos, Sometimes either the place wasn't right or the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejash View Post
I have a 2010 Passat 1.8TSI MT can I do the same to it?
Need some help
Mostly it should work, But again the cost involved will shoot up for you aswell, A scan of your car would be the first thing needed.

Will post a couple of videos by weekend.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 28th January 2016 at 22:19. Reason: Typo
Old 29th January 2016, 23:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Finally got some time out and a place where i could shoot a video,

Have started the video exactly from where the self parking step is supposed to be started, Many people actually wanted me to show the buttons and what shows on the MFD, Ill upload a couple of more videos soon which will include one which will only show the details shown on the MFD from the start till the end.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

A couple of more videos,

Parellel Parking and Unparking videos will also be uploaded soon!