| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|1st February 2016, 23:07||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Thanked: 452 Times
Mixed experience: Car detailing & cleaning from Carzippi.com
My Xylo's interior was a mess for a past one month. Continuous travels and tight schedules did not allow me to take care of my Xylo exclusively. I was working from home today, and thought I could try such a doorstep service. So searched google and clicked the first link which was Carzippi.com.
Browsed through their packages and picked up the Clean & Shine package which was offered at Rs.2400 for SUVs. Booked the same online, and the process was seamless. I picked up 5:00 clock slot today, and I chose to pay by cash instead of Online payment.
After 10 minutes, I received a call from Carzippi customer service and asked if it is okay to start by 6:00pm as their team is attending another customer at Whitefield. I was okay and said "Fine".
Around 4:45pm I received call from their team. Directed them to reach my apartment in Bellandur. 3 persons came to my apartment in their Maruti Omni. Their team leader was clueless about the package I had chosen. So I told him that I have booked for Interior and Exterior cleaning along with Waxing and Polishing. They started their work after 15 mins.
1. 3D mats were taken out.
2. Dry vacuumed the interiors. Not super attentive, but most visible areas were covered.
3. First guy started applying diluted detergent water over the fabric seat covers.
4. Second guy started brushing the door panels with brush and liquid spray.
5. Third guy sprayed from for the last seat.
6. Soon all three started spraying detergent over the seat fabric and scrubbed the seats nicely
7. Second guy started cleaning the alloys and tyres with brush and another liquid
8. Third guy started cleaning the doors and nooks.
9. First guy started cleaning the 3D mats.
10. After all the alloys were brushed, the second guy started cleaning the entire body with water sprayer.
11. After a thorough wash all 3 started applying car wash foam all over by wearing microfiber gloves.
12. Once foam was applied all over, again a thorough water wash was done.
13. Finally they wiped out the water with squgee and microfibre cloths
14. Once the cleaning was over, they dry vacuumed the seat fabric to remove the wetness.
15. The 3D mats were fitted again.
16. As a final touch, the tyres and alloys were wiped with tyre shiners.
By the time they completed this it was completely dark. So I decided to skip out the waxing and polishing. Spoke to their customer care and they revised the price to Rs.1484 including tax. Paid them by cash and the whole team left my place.
1. Service is okay. Neither super, nor bad. Could sense that they were exhausted already. So I made up my mind to expect a worst service. Luckily they did not mess up. Though there were rooms for some improvement.
2. Foams, detergents used are a mix of 3M products and other brands
3. Used Bosch water sprayer which picks up water from the containers.
4. Used Karcher Wet & Dry vacuum cleaner
5. Brought their own Power Generator (fitted inside the Omni). Very handy.
6. Did not break anything inside.
1. They could not dry the fabric seats fully. They do not have equipments for drying wet fabrics. No steam cleaner used.
2.Clueless about the service plan I opted for. Looks like they do not bother to read their job card app in their smart phone. They asked me about the plan that I chosen.
AREAS OF IMPROVEMENTS
1. No proper fabric seat dryer. Used a wet & dry, vacuum cleaner to suck the wetness.
Overall - The pricing is okay. The service is okay. If 3M car care is a benchmark at 5 stars, I would rate Carzippi guys at 3.5 stars.
Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 1st February 2016 at 23:09.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide||Rudra Sen||Technical Stuff||10316||11th December 2017 22:08|
|Car Detailing and Cleaning - 3M Car Care (Koramangala, Bangalore)||nareshtrao||Bangalore||26||16th September 2017 22:38|
|Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi)||tsk13||Delhi NCR||11||22nd October 2016 08:34|
|Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)||renney.varghese||Mumbai||62||19th November 2015 17:18|
|Life with Ford - A Mixed Experience||HYDRAVI||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||15||20th February 2015 08:54|