Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th June 2017, 15:51   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Project ST: Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec

Just wanted to give a heads up to people who have been following this thread. The lack of updates is not for want of work to be done on the car. In fact a lot of the parts have come in and we are ready for the installation.

Unfortunately, I have suffered a bad bike crash which has left me with a broken femur in the left leg, a broken radius in the left hand and multiple breaks in the right hand radius and ulna. I was extremely lucky that I had all my riding gear on or else it could have been even fatal if not life changing injuries.

I am recovering well now. Doctors have said 3 months, but hopefully I should be ok in couple of months. Will start working on the car once again after I been given ok by the doctors.
PratikPatel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 16:30   #107
BHPian

Get well soon Pratik!
varunswnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 17:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Just wanted to give a heads up to people who have been following this thread. The lack of updates is not for want of work to be done on the car. In fact a lot of the parts have come in and we are ready for the installation.

Unfortunately, I have suffered a bad bike crash which has left me with a broken femur in the left leg, a broken radius in the left hand and multiple breaks in the right hand radius and ulna. I was extremely lucky that I had all my riding gear on or else it could have been even fatal if not life changing injuries.

I am recovering well now. Doctors have said 3 months, but hopefully I should be ok in couple of months. Will start working on the car once again after I been given ok by the doctors.
Gosh that sound awful. Get well soon mate. All the best with the recovery.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 19:16   #109
BHPian

Hi! came across your posts today. Firstly, hope you get well soon. Secondly, read your thread, and my mouth started watering! I own a Fiesta 1.6SXI (2011 model) , but not badged as Classic. I do have ABS and dual Airbags. I have covered just 28,000km till date. (since I use other cars as commuters) and I drive this one only for pleasure.

So with ABS , I am pretty happy with my brakes as they are. Alloys are OEM and I replaced the OEM tyres at just 25,000km since I was a bit worried at slight cracks on the sidewalls. I replaced them with Yokohama Earth1s and these are better then the originals, and use nitrogen only with these tyres.

Your mods are very technical, and time consuming. Living in Mumbai, I will have to find a garage/mechanic who can do something along these lines.

I am tempted to play safe, and just do minor jobs like free flow exhaust, better spark plugs etc, since I am more worried on the long term reliability of highly technical mods. on the car.
But I do hope that the work you are doing on your car will encourage other enthusiasts do some mods on their cars as well.
Incidently my car also has some rust on the window sills.

Would it be possible to share the approx. costs you have incurred so far??
Anyways I will be following your thread regularly from now on.
All the best.
SanjayDalal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 19:29   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post

Oouch that did hurt. Get well soon mate.

Waiting for the next set of upgrades.
vishal.joshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 15:27   #111
BHPian

Very sad to hear about the accident. It was a blessing thing that you had all the riding gear on. Take rest and get well soon Pratik.
antonjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 03:15   #112
BHPian

Get well soon! Glad that you're okay.
Been following this thread and was eagerly waiting for the next round of mods. Guess we'll have to wait longer, eh.
Ride safe, sir!
Rohan24 is offline   Reply With Quote