Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2016, 13:57   #1
BHPian
 
Jag4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)

So after reading a post in a Brezza ownership thread, I casually inquired from my trusted accessories shop about an Automatic Mirror Folding Relay(with a 1 year warranty) and to my surprise I was told that there was a product available with a coupler to coupler wiring harness from a fairly reputed company (RD) dealing with Gear locks, security systems etc. Knowing me well my dealer went ahead and ordered the product for me, I was told the installation could take place either at my house or at the dealer's depending upon my convenience.

Opted for it to be installed at my place and within 2 hours the installer was at my doorstep, took 15 minutes to install the product and Voila! My mirrors fold automatically now. NO wires were cut during the installation but there were two wiretaps that were used for the connection to the Central Locking system.

While I got it done for my i20, I am posting this here because the same module could be used for the Creta as well. In the end it was a hassle free experience, the installation was smooth and with the warranty there is peace of mind. Costed me Rs.1500 with free installation.

Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)-20160813_170354.jpg

Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)-20160813_162558.jpg

Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)-20160813_162606.jpg

Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)-20160813_162611.jpg

My Creta's Headunit is also showing these Pixelated Lines on the screen, anybody faced a similiar issue ?

Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)-14034853_10153569076562924_4065604348919698392_n.jpg

Last edited by Jag4 : 15th August 2016 at 14:01.
Jag4 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 19:59   #2
BHPian
 
McLaren Roxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi/Thane/Mum
Posts: 152
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
So after reading a post in a Brezza ownership thread, I casually inquired from my trusted accessories shop about an Automatic Mirror Folding Relay(with a 1 year warranty) and to my surprise I was told that there was a product available with a coupler to coupler wiring harness from a fairly reputed company (RD) dealing with Gear locks, security systems etc. Knowing me well my dealer went ahead and ordered the product for me, I was told the installation could take place either at my house or at the dealer's depending upon my convenience.

Opted for it to be installed at my place and within 2 hours the installer was at my doorstep, took 15 minutes to install the product and Voila! My mirrors fold automatically now. NO wires were cut during the installation but there were two wiretaps that were used for the connection to the Central Locking system.

While I got it done for my i20, I am posting this here because the same module could be used for the Creta as well. In the end it was a hassle free experience, the installation was smooth and with the warranty there is peace of mind. Costed me Rs.1500 with free installation.
I saw a video of it on you tube. The only concern that was raised by a lot of people was that such modules are always 'live' and keep sapping power from the battery. Factory fitted ones are engineered better to manage this, however these aren't.

Something to watch out for.
McLaren Roxx is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 08:38   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,891
Thanked: 82,858 Times
Default Re: Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)

Thanks for sharing, Jag4! Moving your post to its own thread as we don't have one for these kind of products.

Darshan Patel also shares the following:

Quote:
Have seen JAG4 posting about the Auto Folding Mirror Relay in his Creta (RD make).

I had also DIY & installed a Relay, but of KMH make. Attaching details, pics and a video for Creta owners.

Product details:
Relay : Auto folding Mirror - Creta
Imported by : Carplus.in
Make : KMH
Price : 1850/- including 50 rupees COD charges (1990/- for guest order if you haven't registered with them).
Warranty - 1 year.

http://www.carplus.in/safety/mirror-...for-creta-7525

In my opinion, KMH Relay quality is far better than RD make.

After installation, the Auto folding Mirror is working for all - lock/unlock from either remote and request sensor on the driver-side door handle.

Attaching a video of my Creta after the DIY and some pics of the KMH Relay when received.

With regards,

Darshan Patel


Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)-20160817_215544.jpg

Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)-20160817_215303.jpg

Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)-20160817_215252.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 22:20   #4
BHPian
 
Jag4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
I saw a video of it on you tube. The only concern that was raised by a lot of people was that such modules are always 'live' and keep sapping power from the battery. Factory fitted ones are engineered better to manage this, however these aren't.

Something to watch out for.
Thank you for the heads up ! What do you suggest I look out for? except Longer crank times/Weak lighting ?

Quote:

Darshan Patel also shares the following:
In my opinion, KMH Relay quality is far better than RD make.

After installation, the Auto folding Mirror is working for all - lock/unlock from either remote and request sensor on the driver-side door handle.

Attaching a video of my Creta after the DIY and some pics of the KMH Relay when received.

With regards,

Darshan Patel
Dear Mr. Patel,
I think M.S. Dhoni is a better Captain than Virat Kohli (though I respect them equally as Sportsmen) but my opinion does not matter until I justify my statement with a valid reason, which is why I request you to enlighten us as to why is the Kmh Relay better and why the other is worse. Many Thanks.

Last edited by Jag4 : 30th August 2016 at 22:22.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 10:31   #5
BHPian
 
McLaren Roxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi/Thane/Mum
Posts: 152
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Thank you for the heads up ! What do you suggest I look out for? except Longer crank times/Weak lighting ?
Well, I guess as long as your car is run regularly and your battery is new, this will definitely not affect anything. It might be slightly noticeable once the battery ages though. But again, should not be of any concern. The battery drain should be nominal.
McLaren Roxx is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 00:37   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 17
Thanked: Once
Default

Would others cars (Elite i20) have a similar relay as stock ?
If they do have it then an original relay could be bought from manufacturer (hyundai)

Any update on the usability of a relay from another hyundai car or any usage review of the kmh or rd units ?

Last edited by Zappo : 17th April 2017 at 18:03. Reason: Back to back posts merged
jrchhabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 02:47   #7
BHPian
 
Jag4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrchhabra View Post
Would others cars (Elite i20) have a similar relay as stock ?
If they do have it then an original relay could be bought from manufacturer (hyundai)

Cars such as the i20 would have the relay integrated into the system and not an external relay. However you could try enquiring from the service centre and check the parts store for such a part but I don't think it would be tailormade to be retrofitted to other models. However you just might be in luck, checking with the service guys is worth a shot, I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrchhabra View Post
Any update on the usability of a relay from another hyundai car or any usage review of the kmh or rd units ?
RD relay Working Perfectly fine in my i20.

Last edited by Zappo : 17th April 2017 at 18:04. Reason: Quote link corrected
Jag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2017, 17:54   #8
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 405
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)

Thanks Jag4 for sharing this. Could you also share the details of your trusted accessory dealer?
Nonstop-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 13:16   #9
BHPian
 
Jag4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Auto-folding ORVM Relay (for Creta & others)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Thanks Jag4 for sharing this. Could you also share the details of your trusted accessory dealer?
My Dealer in located in rohini which would be too far for you, instead ask the manufacturer itself about dealers. If you are ever in this part of town or are planning to come here, do tell me. I am PM'ing you the Number in any case.

Corporate Office:
RD Overseas Pvt. Ltd.
179 A, Yellow Apartments,
LIG, Rajouri Garden,
New Delhi-110 027
Phone: 91-11-41007200,
25118678

Last edited by Aditya : 24th April 2017 at 07:10. Reason: As requested
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Creta vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra XUV500 vs Others Tushar SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 234 24th July 2017 15:59
Retrofiiting Electrical Folding & Adjusting ORVM on Zen Trust_In_Thrust Modifications & Accessories 0 5th November 2009 14:16
Folding@Home Anyone ? ZBlue Gadgets, Computers & Software 2 15th May 2009 09:05
Indian Cars/SUV's with electric folding ORVM dadu The Indian Car Scene 21 7th August 2007 09:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks