Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 15th March 2017, 18:29   #166

Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

I drive a Honda City CVT and was unhappy with the pick up of the car especially the lag that kicks in around 40-70 kph. I did speak to a lot of people getting opinions and suggestions of what can be done..
Another BHPian advised me to try out 'Pedal Tune' by Mithun and Narry mentioning it's more of a plug and play system. So decided to get it installed in January this year (I know I am late in posting this!).

And guys I have to say, this is an amazing product!!
It has removed the lag to a considerable level and improved the throttle response. The car feels much lighter and peppy and, overtaking on roads has become much easier. The economy -2 mode also has a better pick up than stock and improves the fuel efficiency to a decent level.

Although, I would still say there is some bit of lag at mid speeds but I believe that's how the car is and obviously you can't compare to a turbocharged engine.. However, Narry has promised me to look for a solution for this also!

I do not have lot of technical knowledge but as a layman I would suggest this product to people looking for better pick up and fuel efficiency in the car.
aakarshsharma10 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 22:29   #167
Senior - BHPian

Pedal Tune Box Experience in remapped Polo 1.6 GT TDI
I got to drive a remapped Polo 1.6 GT TDI with pedal tune box from Narry. This was my tuners car (Rajiv). Rajiv had come down to Mysore to remap few of my friends cars and Narry was also in Mysore and we all met

Narry offered us to provide demo of pedal tune box in Polo. He installed the box in 10 minutes. I too got to test the box and tested in all modes.

I was going mad and it felt like the car has become much more powerful and fun to drive. Just tap the pedal and car used to fly. Whenever I switched back to stock, the car felt like it was not moving at all. I was enjoying the drive like anything.

Is the Car more powerful? Any gains?
Big NO!!

I did full throttle runs in all modes and it was as good as stock. We did not find any difference under full throttle. So I am very sure that the box won't have any power gains or significant improvement in 0-100 timing.

What does the box actually do?
1. It makes the pedal respond much faster.

2. WOT effect is achieved with much lesser pedal input.

Conclusion :
The car definitely feels fun to drive and at sports mode it just flies with tap on throttle. But we do have to understand that we can achieve the same effect by 100 percent throttle. If the buyer is looking for power gains / good improvement in 0-100 timing.. This box is not for you!!
Dr.Naren is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 12:50   #168
Senior - BHPian

I had tried pedal tune box from Narry / TTS auto few months back in my S-Cross 1.6. The box did not work and there were couple of error codes and A pedal was dead with non working AC. The culprit was wrong pin outs in pedal tune box connector.

Narry sent me 2 more pedal tune boxes to try and I got to test it today. History repeats and the same problem. I have tried 3 pedal tune boxes from TTS auto and none of them worked, thanks to wrong pin outs. Anyways Narry wasn't sure if it would work and had informed me in advance . I will test the pedal tune box again if Narry tests it in some other S-Cross and confirm about the compatibility.
PedalTune: Customisable throttle response-img20171011wa0006.jpg
PedalTune: Customisable throttle response-img20171011wa0008.jpg
PedalTune: Customisable throttle response-img20171011wa0011.jpg

Note :
Narry had sent these boxes to me only for demo / testing. He has not yet tested this box in any Indian S-Cross before. I was fully aware of the consequences that the box might not work.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th October 2017 at 12:58.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 14:03   #169
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT, but this post of mine may help people interested in 'pedal boxes'.

I ordered a DTE PedalBox from Germany a couple of weeks back. Landed cost through UPS: About Rs. 21500 including Rs. 6,500 as import duty. I fitted it myself as the Thar's throttle connectors are quite accessible.

The box works phenomenally well on my Thar CRDe, in terms of improving driveability. The Thar suffers from prominent turbo lag under 1,800 rpm. This box makes it seem as though the lag is almost absent. Going through the gears is also very enjoyable now as the revs don't drop. I'm able to stay in the meat of the torque band. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my purchase as it's made everyday driving more fun without me having to fiddle with stock code/mechanicals.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote