Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 03:25   #31
BHPian
 
Insane Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 981
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Throttle Response modifiers are surely a great product. They make the car feel more powerful without actually touching the engine, just cutting the lag in time between pressing the pedal and the ecu acting on it.

I have been using these from amongst the first companies to come out with it - SPRINTBOOSTER.

I have had fantastic results in my BMW 520D and Skoda Laura, and around 8 or 9 friends BMW and Mercedes. All are very happy with it.
I also installed it on a cousin's Innova and thst too was great.
Insane Devil is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 09:57   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,673
Thanked: 2,519 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Throttle Response modifiers are surely a great product. They make the car feel more powerful without actually touching the engine, just cutting the lag in time between pressing the pedal and the ecu acting on it.

I have been using these from amongst the first companies to come out with it - SPRINTBOOSTER.

I have had fantastic results in my BMW 520D and Skoda Laura, and around 8 or 9 friends BMW and Mercedes. All are very happy with it.
I also installed it on a cousin's Innova and thst too was great.
I second that. It would make the throttle response very sharp.

But I wonder if it's worth. You would have the same acceleration if you press the right foot harder in stock setting.

This box wouldn't improve overall acceleration/Power/Torque.

You will get better throttle response with lesser input on A pedal. I would prefer real happiness than pseudo happiness .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 10:02   #33
BHPian
 
Insane Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 981
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I second that. It would make the throttle response very sharp.

But I wonder if it's worth. You would have the same acceleration if you press the right foot harder in stock setting.

This box wouldn't improve overall acceleration/Power/Torque.

You will get better throttle response with lesser input on A pedal. I would prefer real happiness than pseudo happiness .
Naren, trust me, once you use this, you will not go back. This is not creating a pseudo effect. It is actually cutting down the lag time between pressing the pedal, and the ecu reacting to it. It is worth more than its value. It is not tampering anything in your engine and making your car quicker to accelerate.

For example, if now the ecu takes 1 ms to act once u prrss the pedal, sprint booster or other throttle response enhancers, will cut that time to 0.5ms.

It's an addiction. You won't like ur car without it

As i said, i have put these in 2 of my cars and in 8-9 friends cars, and everyone is very happy with it.

Now i am looking for this for my Hyundai Elantra, but sadly not finding one.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 9th September 2016 at 10:04.
Insane Devil is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 10:13   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,673
Thanked: 2,519 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Naren, trust me, once you use this, you will not go back. This is not creating a pseudo effect. It is actually cutting down the lag time between pressing the pedal, and the ecu reacting to it. It is worth more than its value. It is not tampering anything in your engine and making your car quicker to accelerate.

For example, if now the ecu takes 1 ms to act once u prrss the pedal, sprint booster or other throttle response enhancers, will cut that time to 0.5ms.

It's an addiction. You won't like ur car without it

As i said, i have put these in 2 of my cars and in 8-9 friends cars, and everyone is very happy with it.

Now i am looking for this for my Hyundai Elantra, but sadly not finding one.
I am very very sure that this box will make any driver happy. But when you think technically and look at working of the box, it doesn't give any better acceleration than what the stock car has.

Now with this pedal tune box, press 60 percent of throttle and you are happy.

But I really don't mind pressing the A pedal harder to get the same response instead of buying a box to do that work for me .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 10:20   #35
BHPian
 
Insane Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 981
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I am very very sure that this box will make any driver happy. But when you think technically and look at working of the box, it doesn't give any better acceleration than what the stock car has.

Now with this pedal tune box, press 60 percent of throttle and you are happy.

But I really don't mind pressing the A pedal harder to get the same response instead of buying a box to do that work for me .
It is wrong that pressing the pedal 60% or pressing the pedal fully, is what this box does.

Please understand, it is about the time the throttle takes to react. This is about instant acceleration.

If you are happy the way the car is, then you will be wasting money on this, but for some like me, frank, etc.. where we get real excited if we are able to extract more performance.
Insane Devil is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 10:54   #36
BHPian
 
tomraven99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 107
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

This is just another overpriced 2 rupee variable resistor/potentiometer in a box. All it does is modulate the 0-5v change over less pedal travel.
If you want that just stab the pedal just like someone said earlier. Or replace the resistor with an on-off switch for instant acceleration

http://www.crosslake.net/~dbipes/spr...intBooster.pdf
tomraven99 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 11:10   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,673
Thanked: 2,519 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomraven99 View Post
This is just another overpriced 2 rupee variable resistor/potentiometer in a box. All it does is modulate the 0-5v change over less pedal travel.
If you want that just stab the pedal just like someone said earlier. Or replace the resistor with an on-off switch for instant acceleration

http://www.crosslake.net/~dbipes/spr...intBooster.pdf
Yes, it is definitely over priced. I just went through the PDF document. Quoting the conclusion part from it.

Quote:
The Sprint Booster is a simple amplifier that multiplies the accelerator pedal sensor signal, making the accelerator pedal more sensitive. It does not eliminate any significant delay in throttle response, nor does it greatly improve acceleration figures. It does not change the adaptive throttle control programming of electronic throttle control vehicles. It does change pedal “feel”. This change in feel is interpreted by some as improved throttle response, acceleration, and a change in adaptive throttle control programming. Considering what it actually does, it is expensive.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 11:43   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,815
Thanked: 2,068 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

I'd sincerely request a small drive around with a box like this. In theory, everything sounds like a bitter pill to swallow, but the gains of this thing are far beyond what a resistor in a box would give you.
I can only speak of the benefits because I own one. I've ordered one for the Honda. Once I get it I'll tell you how it works on the Crio!
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 15:02   #39
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 170
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

https://outbackjoe.com/macho-diverti...s-it-worth-it/

Here is an article that is worth reading. It talks about everything pertaining to sprint boosters.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 19:00   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mlore/Kasaragod
Posts: 1,673
Thanked: 2,519 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
https://outbackjoe.com/macho-diverti...s-it-worth-it/

Here is an article that is worth reading. It talks about everything pertaining to sprint boosters.
Another informative article about pedal tune box. Many guys have been fooled by this. It doesn't even cut down the lag actually. I find this box funny, I still say push the pedal harder and you will get the same result like what a pedal tune box does with pressing the pedal lesser.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 09:38   #41
Newbie
 
arjunsatheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 6
Thanked: Once
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I'd sincerely request a small drive around with a box like this. In theory, everything sounds like a bitter pill to swallow, but the gains of this thing are far beyond what a resistor in a box would give you.
I can only speak of the benefits because I own one. I've ordered one for the Honda. Once I get it I'll tell you how it works on the Crio!
Can it be used alongside with a tuning box such as race dynamics ?
arjunsatheesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 14:18   #42
BHPian
 
d3mon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 434
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunsatheesh View Post
Can it be used alongside with a tuning box such as race dynamics ?
Yes, you can.

However, unlike a real tuning box, it doesn't add any power. And given that a tuning box already gets you sharper throttle responses, the whole point of installing this box is lost.
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 13:53   #43
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 411
Thanked: 318 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Another informative article about pedal tune box. Many guys have been fooled by this. It doesn't even cut down the lag actually. I find this box funny, I still say push the pedal harder and you will get the same result like what a pedal tune box does with pressing the pedal lesser.
Even in this article the blogger hasn't used the box himself. Also if you go through the comments no one who has used it have said it doesn't work. He is going by theory and logic and not through experience.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 00:09   #44
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 170
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Even in this article the blogger hasn't used the box himself. Also if you go through the comments no one who has used it have said it doesn't work. He is going by theory and logic and not through experience.
Even the author of that article said that those who have used it have found the difference. But he is only posting the logic that it doesn't increase the 0-100 sprint timing, power or anything. It's just for mental peace or the placebo effect.
Waspune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 17:57   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,815
Thanked: 2,068 Times
Default Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

1500 km with the PedalTune, and I CANNOT tell you how used to it my wife and me have become. Once, just to test my wife, I switched to 'stock' mode and sat in the passenger's seat.
She drove 10 m and looked at me and asked me, "Ay, you removed that nice thing you had put in the car?!"
I was amazed at how used to it I have got myself. I switched it to stock mode for myself, just to see how much better it feels in RACE mode, and I couldn't resist switching back to it. It's INSANE, the beauty of this small box. It just makes city driving a pleasure. Just a small dab on the Accelerator takes you far, far away from all the muggles around!


Anyway, something cool just happened. I took the same stretch of road at the same time, twice. Once with Pedal Tune off and once with it on.
The car was kept in 'S' mode to eliminate driver error, and my foot was pinned down to the floor at all times in both runs. Traction control was off, and there was no other factor that was different in both drives.

What ensued next, SHOCKED me! SAME CAR, SAME DRIVER, SAME ROAD! But just look at the numbers!


This is with PEDAL TUNE in RACE +3 mode:

PedalTune: Customisable throttle response-img20160916wa0010.jpg

This is with PEDAL TUNE in STOCK mode.
PedalTune: Customisable throttle response-img20160916wa0011.jpg


I couldn't be happier with this mod, and I am waiting for the #crio Pedal Tune box to arrive!
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply

« Power Horns! | - »

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swift - throttle response ballkey Technical Stuff 19 31st May 2008 12:27
Dial 100 for quick response. heavy_foot Street Experiences 21 7th November 2007 18:31
F1 Rapid Response! madhav Int'l Motorsport 0 11th November 2006 19:50
My email to Maruti/their response abt the Swift Sport theMAG The Indian Car Scene 1 1st October 2006 14:59
HONDA CITY: quick response needed- Please Surprise Shifting gears 14 2nd March 2005 09:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks