Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2007, 18:13   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats nice to know but 138ps i seriously doubt. Lets have a comparo here : -

Verna Stock Verna Peted Optra Stock Optra Peted(Estimated)

0 - 100 11.xx 9.xx 9.5 8.xx
Nice figures but where's goes the traction factor....U'll need slicks to control that 365Nm torque
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 01:22   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats nice to know but 138ps i seriously doubt. Lets have a comparo here : -

Verna Stock Verna Peted Optra Stock Optra Peted(Estimated)
Torque 240 290 314 365
Power 108 130 120 150
0 - 100 11.xx 9.xx 9.5 8.xx
Good Figures.. but i dont understand why this comparison ?
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 01:37   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Good Figures.. but i dont understand why this comparison ?
BUSA = Optra LOVER

But lets not jump to conclusions ok ok... Let some bhpians drive and see how the toque etc feels in Optra and let some figures for magazines come out as they are just a rough estimate (for me). And u cannot compare verna to Optra. The more fast the Optra goes better it handles where as its scary on verna at 150 steering feel is not good.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 09:52   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
but i dont understand why this comparison
Comparission is since Verna is 110bhp, Optra 120bhp and the Verna SX costs around 9.15L where you can get a Optra Max with the TDCi engine and hence the comparission. Somebody posted a review here
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 00:20   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Comparission is since Verna is 110bhp, Optra 120bhp and the Verna SX costs around 9.15L
He is the verna owner and saying that Petes tuning box will increase power to 138ps. He has not asked for Optra's power i think.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 12:25   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
He is the verna owner and saying that Petes tuning box will increase power to 138ps. He has not asked for Optra's power i think.
I was just saying Optra with a 2.0L block gives 120bhp so a Verna with a 1.5L block giving 110bhp when Peted wont give you 138bhp.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 14:18   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 886
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

@sameel and others- anyone tried Verna with Pete's? Pl. share your experiences.
eagerly awaited.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 01:02   #38
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Petrefied Getz CRDI

If the car is made available from the naval canteen stores in Cochin I shall be buying one pronto when its released in Kerala which is any time next month. Once the running in period is over I intend to plonk in Pete's box originally made for the VERNA and also Green cotton twister. Since the engines are similar I presume I will then have a good competitor for my Palio GTX at least in straight line acceleration if not in the twisty's and engine reliability. The only problem being that the car is guaranteed for 2 years according to the sales person and any modification will nullify the guaranty.

Has anyone here driven the Verna with a Pete's box and how does it compare to the OHC vtec?

Bye and wear your seat belts.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 23:04   #39
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Twisters not for Turbo

I had a look up of the Green Cotton website and the Twister section mentions in bold letters that they are not to be used in turbo charged vehicles. Wondering why not?
Bye and wear your seat belts.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 09:26   #40
BHPian
 
turboindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cochin
Posts: 253
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I had a look up of the Green Cotton website and the Twister section mentions in bold letters that they are not to be used in turbo charged vehicles. Wondering why not?
Bye and wear your seat belts.
That is news. Could you let me know where you saw that bit of info?Any link and on which Green Cotton site?

THX a lot
turboindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 00:30   #41
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Twisters and turbo charged engines

Apparently the Twisters are not to be used for any turbo charged vehicles.
Here is a copy and paste of what is written in their website.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000000]AIR FILTERS (UNIV TWISTER)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Universal All Makes[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
Twister is a revolutionary new universal filter with an aluminium heat shield which helps to funnel as much air into the filter as possible. The shield helps to create a vortex to maximise the airflow through the filter.
It also acts as a shield to protect it from engine bay heat. The top of each filter has a moulded twist in it to help spin the air into a vortex for improving air flow through the filter.
NOTE: These are not suitable for Turbo Charged vehicles
These filters are a universal application available in different sizes. Please check the induction system of your car prior to ordering.

[/SIZE][/FONT]Green Cotton Air Filters - Home Page

Click on the above link and then click on search by part and then click on Universal Twister.

Bye and wear your seat belts.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 10:27   #42
BHPian
 
turboindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cochin
Posts: 253
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Apparently the Twisters are not to be used for any turbo charged vehicles.
Here is a copy and paste of what is written in their website.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000000]AIR FILTERS (UNIV TWISTER)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Universal All Makes[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
Twister is a revolutionary new universal filter with an aluminium heat shield which helps to funnel as much air into the filter as possible. The shield helps to create a vortex to maximise the airflow through the filter.
It also acts as a shield to protect it from engine bay heat. The top of each filter has a moulded twist in it to help spin the air into a vortex for improving air flow through the filter.
NOTE: These are not suitable for Turbo Charged vehicles
These filters are a universal application available in different sizes. Please check the induction system of your car prior to ordering.

[/SIZE][/FONT]Green Cotton Air Filters - Home Page

Click on the above link and then click on search by part and then click on Universal Twister.

Bye and wear your seat belts.
That is right the "TWISTER's" are for NA engines. But the WIND and the STORM can be used on both NA and TURBO engines.
turboindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 23:16   #43
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Any tests on air flow of Green filters?

Has anybody got any links to any tests done on Green filters similar to the test done here. K&N failed the test miserably as far as dust throughput is concerned.
ISO 5011 Duramax Air Filter Test Report

I am intending to take the plunge and fit the Green Storm onto the GTX which I later intend to fix on the Getz CRDI after I sell the GTX. I will do this after market swap only after I get confirmation regarding its filtration capacity and efficiency.

Please post some links, Thanks
Bye and wear your seat belts.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 00:06   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

As far as i know, Green filters have much better efficiency then KnN.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 15:39   #45
BHPian
 
KS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Stop guessmating

If u guys want to know exactly what the verna is going to put down......then all we need is 1 brave soul who is ready to face the real HP figure.Put the car on the dyno see HP and "flat spots"

Karan
KS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spider Diesel Tuning Box VS. Pete's Tuning Box - Spider Box feedback on pg 2 Endeavour333 Modifications & Accessories 130 11th September 2017 01:24
Tuning Box versus Remaps (Diesel tuning) Ravveendrra Modifications & Accessories 122 15th June 2017 08:24
Product Review: Pete's Digital Diesel Tuning Box Rtech Modifications & Accessories 239 4th March 2016 13:38
My experience of buying a PSI (Petes) Power Box directly from the UK! PearlYamaha Modifications & Accessories 28 2nd September 2010 22:26
The Dawn of Turbo Diesel Tuning in INDIA - Pete's Tuning Box turboindia Modifications & Accessories 108 17th April 2006 12:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks