Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 12th July 2012, 14:15   #571
BHPian

Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Though I surely liked the Moon Rover but I am not sure about this signature styling lancer. Though I would give you full mark for the innovative use of Beat tail lamps, I am sure most will easily pass them as aftermarket units.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 15:23   #572
BHPian

The 'signature styling' Lancer (From Big Daddy Customs?) does look a bit odd, to put it mildly.

The large grill at the front of the car makes it look strange, especially with the small headlamps pushed to the corners. Where are the car's front indicators? And park lamps?

I agree with BANDHAV's comment on the use of the Beat's tail lamps, but they don't seem to fill up the rear. There's a lot of space above and around the lamps that look out of place.

All in all, a good effort, but forgive me for not giving it the thumbs up as I'd prefer a decent bodykit or paint job on the classic lines of the Lancer anyday.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 16:14   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
The 'signature styling' Lancer (From Big Daddy Customs?) does look a bit odd, to put it mildly.
==============
All in all, a good effort, but forgive me for not giving it the thumbs up as I'd prefer a decent bodykit or paint job on the classic lines of the Lancer anyday.
The large front grill is what makes it stand out among all the lancers. And about the space on the rear, it is filled up by registration number of the car which is not there in the pics. This was to explain about what you've mentioned. but I appreciate your honest opinion. keep them coming
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 21:47   #574
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
I would like to share with you pics of signature styling done on mitsubishi lancer

I love lancers, and have managed to live with one for a decade + 2, having said that this car ^^ looks like

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 11247
Size:  19.1 KB

And trust me this car looks like it has lost its manhood, please dont mind but i dont feel this car deserves to be here.

Pramod
pramodkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:39   #575
BHPian

@BigDaddy,
Innovative design, and nice execution too. I personally wouldnt do that to my car, but its still grabs eyeballs. The rear end does seem a bit awkward. But otherwise, If i saw the car parked on the road, I sure as hell would keep on eyeballing it. Kudos on the fine finishing

Also, I wanted to know about foglamps. I was told that there is no OE foglamp for my 2001 model lancer. Can anyone enlighten me about this?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd July 2012 at 23:57. Reason: Please avoid putting-up consecutive posts. Use the 'Edit' function henceforth. Thanks :)
abhimanyuargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:50   #576
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Official - Modified Lancer Pics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyuargal View Post
Also, I wanted to know about foglamps. I was told that there is no OE foglamp for my 2001 model lancer. Can anyone enlighten me about this?

Some models dont come with a fog lamp, but wiring and switch is present in every model. You can buy and replace the bazzle, with the one which has a fog lamp.

Pramod
pramodkumar is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 19:00   #577
BHPian

What would be a better way to up the power of my lancer? Turbo charge it? Now turbo lag is extremely annoying. Id prefer a low end boost. Is it possible to supercharge? Cuz that would mean an extra pulley on the cam and then the reliability of the engine might be shot. Any other suggestions? Like changing the engine all together and upgrading to something Bigger and Badder?
Old 28th August 2012, 20:31   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

I love lancers, and have managed to live with one for a decade + 2, having said that this car ^^ looks like

Pramod
Well I have to say, I didn't like this do-up too! A stock Lancer looks way better, not to say other tastefully modified ones.
lancer_rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 20:47   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What would be a better way to up the power of my lancer?
There are a lot of threads, on lancer mods, look up for a DOHC mod, it takes the stock engine to a 118 bhp and another 30+ By running it at 7-9 PSI boost, this should be enough to make you feel at ease as a torque steering monster is of no use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Well I have to say, I didn't like this do-up too! A stock Lancer looks way better, not to say other tastefully modified ones.
Name:  396878_398088660249712_3810969_n.jpg
Views: 10852
Size:  76.8 KB

This is how i have kept mine, still brings a smile on my face every time i park my car at office (there is a huge mirror opposite my parking slot )

Pramod
pramodkumar is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 13:36   #580
BHPian

@Pramod: I've gone through the post for the DOHC conversion. I'm not sure about the procedure of importing parts and the complications related to this. Any tips? Also, Im not sure as to which exact parts will be needed to mod my engine to DOHC.
Old 1st September 2012, 00:30   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Pramod: I've gone through the post for the DOHC conversion. I'm not sure about the procedure of importing parts and the complications related to this. Any tips? Also, Im not sure as to which exact parts will be needed to mod my engine to DOHC.
there is an outfit called RPW in aussi land they have full DOHC conversion kits for indian lancers. price is 1000 AUD + looks like the best bet.

Pramod
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:23   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
there is an outfit called RPW in aussi land they have full DOHC conversion kits for indian lancers. price is 1000 AUD + looks like the best bet.

Pramod
I went through their website. The problem is that all the parts are seperately listed. And i have no idea as to which all parts are required. any tips??
Old 2nd September 2012, 22:50   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went through their website. The problem is that all the parts are seperately listed. And i have no idea as to which all parts are required. any tips??
Email them please.

Pramod
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:06   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
I would like to share with you pics of signature styling done on mitsubishi lancer
Revisiting team-bhp after a while and I am greeted by this .
16v100bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2013, 18:52   #585
Team-BHP Support

Yash Sahay shared this pic on our facebook page. An Autopsyche car spotted in Patna.

The Official - Modified Lancer Pics Thread-1074115_580914895294164_1292239258_o.jpg

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th July 2013 at 18:53.
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote