| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|17th October 2006, 10:15||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Thanked: 14 Times
Shift - Light Tachometer for Alto
I am planning to put a Shift - Light tachometer for my Alto Lxi. Would be great if you guys can help me with my queries.
1. Can it be fixed?
2. Type of Tacho that will go well with Alto..
3. Does it work as good as Alto Vxi one?
4. Cost factor
5. What does it take to fix? wiring etc etc
6. Place to fix it in Bangalore.
7. Does the tachometer need to be a 3 cylinder compatible or any specification will do? Some Gyan needed.
8. If i get the tacho from US, can it be fixed here?
Last edited by dsinz : 17th October 2006 at 10:29.
|17th October 2006, 11:37||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Thanked: 8 Times
1. Can it be fixed? Yes it can
2. Type of Tacho that will go well with Alto.. Depends on your taste, really, shouldn't be too big IMHO,
3. Does it work as good as Alto Vxi one? depends on the quality, brand, fitting etc.
4. Cost factor. I believe prices befin at roughly 2.5 k. I have no concrete idea though
5. What does it take to fix? wiring etc etc Usually all the required wiring etc. is included in the packaging along with installation instructions
6. Place to fix it in Bangalore.I'm from Mumbai, so no idea, someone else will come along and shed some light on this, I'm sure
7. Does the tachometer need to be a 3 cylinder compatible or any specification will do? Some Gyan needed.Yeah, the tachometer will have to be 3 cylinder compatible, the one I have fitted on my Zen has a slider switch at the back to choose between 4, 6 or 8 cylinders.
8. If i get the tacho from US, can it be fixed here?Yes, I got my tachometer in the U.S , actually my dad bought it for me !!
Installation was done by my regular mechanic, he did a pretty neat job, took a little under an hour.
Last edited by swale84 : 17th October 2006 at 11:44.
|8th January 2008, 19:56||#5|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 6 Times
|27th June 2008, 15:25||#6|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Thanked: 3 Times
Suggestion on fitting tacho with shift indicators
I am planning to fit a tacho with shift light indicator. But I am not sure what are the pros and cons. Any issues with calibration. I was looking on amazon for few. But I am not sure whether it will fit in Baleno or not. Also what are the hassles of fitting one. Can it be a DIY task? It would be great if anyone can suggest. Here are some links of the tachos I was looking at.
Amazon.com: Black Digital Tachometer & Blue LED Shift Light: Automotive
Amazon.com: Proform 67005C Adjustable RPM Shift Light: Automotive
Amazon.com: Silver Digital Tachometer w/ Red LED Shift Light: Automotive
Note from mod: threads merged, please use search function before starting new threads
Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th June 2008 at 15:44.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Cable Shift vs Direct Shift Gearboxes||BlackPearl||Technical Stuff||14||15th September 2013 13:35|
|Adding a Tachometer to Alto!||ramki067||Modifications & Accessories||15||1st September 2009 15:11|
|Wanted Tachometer with gear shift indicator for my Gypsy||Hemanth||Shifting gears||4||3rd January 2008 15:41|
|For Sale: Autogauge 3'3/4"TACH 0-10,000 R.P.M. (W/SHIFT-LIGHT)||s0uljah||Shifting gears||12||19th September 2006 22:05|
|Tach With a shift light needed...||Rice_tuner||Modifications & Accessories||6||3rd January 2005 09:13|