Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd June 2004, 23:55   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

got one of those marketing calls, only bothered to listen coz it was to do with cars, heres what i remember-

Car care services.
Membership Rs 1,000/- for 2 years (current promotional offer)
Benefits -
Free towing, free insureance claim totally handled by them within 4 weeks, handles matters with the RTO for free etc etc
80(0?) "car care" centers in different locations.

Damn i feel like im a telemarketer...lol
just thought id post this incase u guys were interested
u can call them for further details on their bombay number (+91 22) 56941702/03

No more marketing posts here!! lol
cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 01:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

insurance claims get handled in less then 2 days here

No commission for my sale to u rehaan lol
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 01:16   #3
BHPian

I had this very pretty girl who had come to my office with this very same thing somewhere in february. She claimed to be a asst manager of this car care company. It was supposed to be somewhere in santacruz. They were supposed to b having recovery vans and all that to attend to ur call in less than half an hour.
I smelt something fishy there. A girl who seemed to be just out of college, claiming to be a asst manager. And why will a asst manager be selling something like this door to door. They were two of them. One came to my office, the other one went nxt door. Have been cheated 2-3 times by such kind of people. So pretty or not, this time i didnt fall for the bait. And i didnt actually remember seeing any recovery vans of that particular company. And these type of ppl generally say promotional offer and all that stuff. 1000 rs may not seem much. But collect it from 'n' no. of ppl and it accounts to a pretty good amount. And most guys will surely fall for the 'pretty girl' bait. lol. I had asked for their brochure. But she said she didnt have any to spare. She did show me a glossy page though with all that her company had to offer.
You have been warned ppl. I smell rotten eggs in this scheme.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 03:02   #4
Team-BHP Support

LOL N4S,

as a rule of thumb i stay away from these things....having a pretty girl would just make me ask more Qs...but the final answer would still be a no!
However this SOUNDED like a decent deal so i just passed it on for u guys to chk out.

cya
R
Old 4th June 2004, 03:17   #5
BHPian

Sounds a bit like the AAA, correct Rehaan ? It would be great to have a consortium like that in India, wouldn't it ?

Powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 12:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

aa is present in india dude
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 13:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ June 04 2004,11:10)]aa is present in india dude
need their details aadix

~A
adityapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 13:24   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hey Powerslave,

As aadix said, the indian version of the AAA does exist in India. WIAA (Western India Automobile Association).
They have an office at churchgate in bombay. 22 2204 1085 is the bombay number i have if you want to give it a shot. If my memory serves me right it is something like Rs 700/- for a temporary 1 year membership.
This place is the only place that actually makes a person earn their liscence! (rather than pay for it! lol) They have a quiz on roadsigns and handsignals. Another short quiz on certain other things like "name 3 ways to slow your car down" etc and then they have a proper 20minute driving test where the guy actually comes in the car with u with a clipboard and marksheet and marks each aspect of your driving. Its good to see them actually taking this seriously, its too bad other ways to get your liscence exist. I also seem to remember paying something like Rs 40/- for my pukka liscence! They handled everything with the RTO. But very soon after i got my liscence they stopped dealing with the RTO for learners liscences...because i guess the money hungry b@#$$@ds at the RTO werent getting anything from the WIAA.
Im not sure where there relationship stands now.

You can also get your international liscence etc etc through them.

cya
Rehaan

Old 4th June 2004, 13:29   #9
Team-BHP Support

Wow..... looks what i found...these guys have a great website!
A great rescourse where we can finally get some official answers! (offences and penalties for example, in the RTO section)

WIAA Website

-R

ps - look in the "important links" section...they have some cool links!

Old 4th June 2004, 14:12   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If these guys are absolutely professional grade, and have a strong infrastructure in place...I would take the membership right away. But after speaking to them it seems like yet another of those western-bright ideas that has not been properly implemented out here.

I used AAA for my entire study stint in the US, and found them just so unbelievably helpful. Their network is nation-wide with courteous IT friendly people.

I do hope these people are serious about providing such a service on a long-term basis. Probably consider it at a later date.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 14:35   #11
Team-BHP Support

Personally i just hate dealing with the slime at the RTO, so the membership is worth it for me (actually my fathers membership).
Granted they are not a modern overhelpful techsavvy organisation, but they have provided valueable, knowledgable and honest service to me several times....so worth it for me.

cya
R
Old 4th June 2004, 20:13   #12
BHPian

I would definitely suggest going in for a membership of wiaa if you go frequently on long distance trips or atleast plannning to go for one. With other benefits that come along with its membership, Wiaa offers you a very good trip chart with all landmarks and distances that u will encounter. So there is no way that you will go to agra when you were planning to go to ooty. Atleast for ppl like me who are totally unaware of which road goes where, these services are heaven sent.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 21:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

thx rehaan

but i do believe AA(not AAA) is perent in india
as i have seen a few cars with the AA sticker in hyd
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2004, 22:48   #14
BHPian

Looking at the website, I get the feeling that WIAA and AAA offer different kinds of services.

The singlemost important service the AAA provides is roadside assistance, with a large network of dealers and mechanics. Whether your vehicle breaks down, your car needs a tow, you get locked out of the car, run out of gas, that's where the AAA guy comes in. And of course, travel, insurance, maps and guides, etc.
Powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote