Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2007, 16:16   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default

Danlan dude!That baleno is my wallpaper right now...but how do you guys manage to drive at night?


Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
guys any bright ideas on how to remove the transparent plastic cover of the headlight of my indica??? its glued to the reflector!!!
Pm v1p3r...hell tell you what to do.Put it in the microwave!
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 17:44   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
That was quickie , never the less thanks binz . Looks cool, why dont you bring it over for the next Bangy meet and give our eyes a feast?
Ooh,time for an update!

Trust me,when i get the car for the next meet,your eyes wont be the only thing getting a feast!
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 23:48   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

I just put mine today...ok not tints but electrical tape,same as the baleno..
They look awesome but it stops there...
The guys who have it do also drive in the night but not much...it cuts out the light by 80%..if you can depend on street light then its ok...


Heres another one from our group...this is the one with tints


Last edited by danlalan : 11th February 2007 at 23:49.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 00:11   #139
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 14,284 Times
Default

This may be a silly question seeing how popular this thread has become.

Exactly why headlights are blackened, what kind of advantage does it give, if this was already covered, please point me to the post. Japanese royalty always blackened their teeth using paint in earlier centuries, right now this reminds me of that.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 00:37   #140
BHPian
 
Abix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 315
Thanked: Once
Default

Has anyone tried to smoke the insides of a headlight instead of the glass? Thought of this keepin in mind that once a headlight is smoked it, reduces a considerable amount of light, so if the insides are smoked wud that give the same effect?

Cheers
Abix
Abix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 03:25   #141
BHPian
 
balenopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 909
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This may be a silly question seeing how popular this thread has become.

Exactly why headlights are blackened, what kind of advantage does it give, if this was already covered, please point me to the post. Japanese royalty always blackened their teeth using paint in earlier centuries, right now this reminds me of that.
Not for any advantage..just tht it makes ur car look meaner....but yea there is a disadvantage though...ur bloody blinded at night....but then i dont use teh car on teh highways at night and street lighting is more than adequate....i've put it just cause teh car will look different and meaner when i run my baby at speedrun...then the tapes off......
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 22:00   #142
BHPian
 
apurvapatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rajkot
Posts: 29
Thanked: Once
Default

someone please post a picture of the lights tinted headlights and taillights switched on
apurvapatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 23:41   #143
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,381
Thanked: 14,284 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Not for any advantage..just tht it makes ur car look meaner....but yea there is a disadvantage though...ur bloody blinded at night....but then i dont use teh car on teh highways at night and street lighting is more than adequate
Then it is good only for you city boys, I need all light I can muster during night drives around here.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 23:57   #144
BHPian
 
harmon_bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madras
Posts: 541
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
I just put mine today...ok not tints but electrical tape,same as the baleno..
They look awesome but it stops there...
The guys who have it do also drive in the night but not much...it cuts out the light by 80%..if you can depend on street light then its ok...


Heres another one from our group...this is the one with tints

OFF topic. Could you please share more photos of your Lancer's rims please, they look interesting.

Sorry to cut in with an off topic, post.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 23:57   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
danlalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: mumbai,JUHU
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

just drove with the smoked out lights today...its ok on main roads..where you dont need light...but the moment theres not street light..and its time for the headlights to come on..theres just a glow...even on high beam...but i stuck to the main roads..just took the car out for a small drive...
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 11:20   #146
BHPian
 
spdfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Trichur, presently in Qatar
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abix View Post
Has anyone tried to smoke the insides of a headlight instead of the glass? Thought of this keepin in mind that once a headlight is smoked it, reduces a considerable amount of light, so if the insides are smoked wud that give the same effect?

Cheers
Abix
I came across this while looking for DIY tips for blackened headlights...

OZTOYOTA : BAKED HEADLIGHTS
spdfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 12:17   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,573
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

Colouring the non-illuminated parts of the headlights looks good. Like in ferrari which has red and in the U.S, the Honda Fit also has the body colour on it. Would like to do that for my swift
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 20:39   #148
BHPian
 
nikhilv12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 272
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Colouring the non-illuminated parts of the headlights looks good. Like in ferrari which has red and in the U.S, the Honda Fit also has the body colour on it. Would like to do that for my swift

in that case, check this out.... its pretty simple, i did it myself....

nikhilv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2007, 21:16   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,988
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

that looks neat.some cars do come like that but i guess what people are trying to now achive are fully smoked headlights.
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 09:58   #150
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: hyderabad,london
Posts: 441
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
in that case, check this out.... its pretty simple, i did it myself....

man u r indica looks nice ....did u got that black thing done on the head light from inside or out side....can it be done to old model zen.....
zenopio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS : BMW 320D PE roof Blackened! quattroa4 Modifications & Accessories 22 19th August 2012 13:34
Corolla Mods - Eibach Springs, Xenon HIDs and Angel Eye Projector Headlights novice Modifications & Accessories 14 2nd July 2011 03:46
Gear Lock and Headlights for Getz nishantgandhi Modifications & Accessories 21 6th August 2010 01:43
Accent Viva CRDI- Need the chrome blackened midlifecrisis Modifications & Accessories 9 14th June 2007 17:41
Turn your headlights off and only use the horn! Rtech Street Experiences 37 13th April 2006 16:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks