Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th October 2006, 21:24   #61
Senior - BHPian

Great tutorila binz. But can somebody do it here?

gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2006, 01:23   #62
BHPian

hey all,,

been pondering on this topic for some time, and recently came across something for my tucson. its a plastic tinted overlay for the taillamps. just gotta stick em on over the taillights and presto! its all smoked! was lookin great but too expensive, so dropped the idea of smoked ones.

But the sun-film thought triggers it again! can someone post pics of their handiwork if they did it?
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2006, 14:15   #63
Team-BHP Support

guys check out this thread on the baleno. This has been done by TBHP member memo.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/291056-post114.html
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 22:10   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

looks like it has been spray painted black or something like that
mclaren...more info plz
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2006, 21:11   #65
BHPian

pls post more info how they are blacked the rearlights on the baleno ...
redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2006, 15:52   #66
BHPian

Exclamation dear freinds .. the solution

the tail light darkening is done by using a special type of paint which is sprayed on (the guy at the shop did not disclose the make /type) of it .. in coimbatore it is quite common and is one of the first cosmetic mods done to any car .. here is my freinds santro Xing ... by the way the brake light and revese lights all work perfectly

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adicaruh0.jpg

i did it for my zen .. cost me 600 rupess .. one can also get the side indicators and headlights done .. i think they do it in whichever color you want too .. as in to suit your car color .. not too sure about that will confirm about that body color part
A S H V I N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 08:00   #67

Default @ashvin

ok buddy...thank u 4 that piece of info...could u pls give us more info..about the paint used n if at all the paint can be removed @ a later stage 4 some reason then how???
n who will do this in Bangalore??
-thanks
hell_on_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 11:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N
the tail light darkening is done by using a special type of paint which is sprayed on (the guy at the shop did not disclose the make /type) of it .. in coimbatore it is quite common and is one of the first cosmetic mods done to any car .. here is my freinds santro Xing ... by the way the brake light and revese lights all work perfectly

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adicaruh0.jpg

i did it for my zen .. cost me 600 rupess .. one can also get the side indicators and headlights done .. i think they do it in whichever color you want too .. as in to suit your car color .. not too sure about that will confirm about that body color part
The Santro's looking AWESOME. Please post a pic of your Zen's light in this thread. And anyone who does this in Delhi?

p.s. - The Tail-light cluster (atleast in most cars) is a sealed unit, so how do they dismantle it and fix it up again.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 13:56   #69
BHPian

@ hell on wheels

like i said the brand or type of paint being used is not known to me and the people who do it wont either .. yes the paint can be removed at a later stage .. not a problem .. think it is by using some kind of thinner or something .. but i know they do it at the place where the paint is put on .. am not aware of anyone doing it in bangalore .. or anywhere outside coimbatore for that matter ..

@ manveet

the tail light assembly is taken out as a whole and the paint is applied (see picture) .. no need to dismantle it as the paint goes on the outside part .. sorry bro .. dont know about who does this in Delhi ..

here are some images of my cars tail light ..

http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lite1bh1.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lite3vf7.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lite2sp7.jpg
Old 6th November 2006, 14:33   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
p.s. - The Tail-light cluster (atleast in most cars) is a sealed unit, so how do they dismantle it and fix it up again.
They dont open up the assembly, just remove the tail light and sand paper it from outside and paint it, thats what the video shows in the link before.

Anyone who knows how to get this done in Delhi, PLEASE let us know!
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 16:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

so if we google up the internet can find the company and make of the same right ? ? ?
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 16:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

That looks nice... Does it affect the lights' visibility cuz otherwise it can be done to the headlamps as well
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 17:49   #73
BHPian

There is one mod shop in coimbatore who does this kinda job its called Kitup
more info, have seen lots of cars did this job frm here
check this link http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/m...3001220400.htm
CrazyStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 19:30   #74
BHPian

am curently living in coimbatore .. Kitup is a total RIP-OFF .. they charge like twice or thrice the cost than the place which started doing the tail light paints first .. plus they take AGES to complete a job .. you can get the job done in like a day usually ..
Old 6th November 2006, 19:39   #75
BHPian

i've given details of the place that originally started doing the tail light painting in this post :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...your-city.html .. its the 9th post .. place is called Road Runner ..

thing is they keep it quite low key and dont give much publicity to their work .. but they do a very very neat job .. no compromise on the quality and finish .. let me know if you need more details