Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 23rd October 2006, 11:35   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought a 2 year old wagonR VXi whoch had clocked about 27k kms, a few months back... It came with tubeless tyres, all around... with michelins at the front and bridgestones at the rear...

However, the ride wuality is not upto the mark... I have driven the wagonR, and belive it is the car having the best ride quality among the small cars... My car is having very good ride quality over potholes at low speeds... just glides over the rough... But... at speeds of around 25- 30 kmph, it would crash into small rough patches on the road, with the good sound... Patches that i would worry about in an 800....

Is it cause of the tubeless tyres??? Also.. I dont know the correct ari pressure for the tyres??? is it the same as tubed types???

Also... Anybody having good suggestions of modying the wagonR??? Got ICe done... And its almost fully loaded... and has the pride edition stickering on it...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 13:58   #2
BHPian

Two different Tyre sets...Thats funny..!
The pressure is more or less the same, But this is really strange howcome you have michelins in the front and Bridgestones in the rear..Suggest you replace the front with Bridgestone since Front tires wear out quicker.
Tubeless tyres ride much better and are all city conditions capable,Get your wheels checked-balanced-aligned ..! Also you have not shared are the wheel sets Alloys or Steel rims, are they the Stock size or have they been upsized.
If its steel rims, get the rims checked for any bent or damages.

Ride Quality is also very much dependent on Your Shockers, Please check them also if the above listed solutions don't work.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 14:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

hey crazy driver,

pls. mention the size of your tyres as well as rims. Are they all of the same size front and back?
How much tread is left in them?
Based on that it would be possible to advise if u need to upgrade them or not.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 22:49   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Two different Tyre sets...Thats funny..!
The pressure is more or less the same, But this is really strange howcome you have michelins in the front and Bridgestones in the rear..Suggest you replace the front with Bridgestone since Front tires wear out quicker.
Tubeless tyres ride much better and are all city conditions capable,Get your wheels checked-balanced-aligned ..! Also you have not shared are the wheel sets Alloys or Steel rims, are they the Stock size or have they been upsized.
If its steel rims, get the rims checked for any bent or damages.

Ride Quality is also very much dependent on Your Shockers, Please check them also if the above listed solutions don't work.
i bought the car 2nd hand... It came shod with michelins at the front and bridestones at the rear... I didnt mix it up...

The rims are stock... Will get them checked for bents though... And.. i have got the wheel balancing done...
Old 25th October 2006, 22:52   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
hey crazy driver,

pls. mention the size of your tyres as well as rims. Are they all of the same size front and back?
How much tread is left in them?
Based on that it would be possible to advise if u need to upgrade them or not.
rims are stock... Tyres.. i have to check...

The tyres are in pretty much good condition...
Old 6th November 2006, 12:39   #6
BHPian

if it is pride edition then it should have come with alloys .

normally while selling their people have a tendency to remove all the really good tyres fron their vehicles and replace them with ok tyres.so maybe you have got two tyres from soem other vehicle

maintain the normal tyre pressure( 33)

your tyre size should be 147/70 r13 for optimum balance of comfort and feel , maybe you are driving with a 55 profile tyre which can adversely affect the comfort factor.

Also it feels slightly odd for a 27000 km run vehicle to have two different brands since usually a pair should easily last 45000 km atleast

have you got your suspension checked ?
abhijit 2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 20:40   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
if it is pride edition then it should have come with alloys .

normally while selling their people have a tendency to remove all the really good tyres fron their vehicles and replace them with ok tyres.so maybe you have got two tyres from soem other vehicle

maintain the normal tyre pressure( 33)

your tyre size should be 147/70 r13 for optimum balance of comfort and feel , maybe you are driving with a 55 profile tyre which can adversely affect the comfort factor.

Also it feels slightly odd for a 27000 km run vehicle to have two different brands since usually a pair should easily last 45000 km atleast

have you got your suspension checked ?
Its running 155/65 r13...

Do you think it should be reason???

I am very happy with the suspension, coz, the car is very comfortable over bad roads... Its just the small rough patches (of uneven tar) that filter through irritatingly... So, i feel its the tyres...
Old 8th December 2006, 16:28   #8
BHPian

Even i m running mine with 155/65/13's. just got michelin energy xm'1's. very impressed with the ride quality and no noise at all...

PS: well the old one's got hammered while doing the Raid de Himalaya this year..
nkapoor777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2006, 23:05   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Even i m running mine with 155/65/13's. just got michelin energy xm'1's. very impressed with the ride quality and no noise at all...

PS: well the old one's got hammered while doing the Raid de Himalaya this year..
Am going in for an upgrade of the tyres...

Which should be the best for max comfort??? Am willing to compromise handling... My priorities are ride comfort and low rolling resistance!!!

Am considering 165/60 R13... Is it good???

Also, which brand should i go in for???

(I already tried some searching... Couldnt find much)
Old 27th December 2006, 09:32   #10
BHPian

Default hi

Hi there carzy driver...
Why dont you search in the tyres nd alloy wheel section??...Am sure you will find your answers there.....
rgrds,
angelfire
edit:Made your life a bit easier.. click here...http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/search...earchid=907856
angelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006, 10:44   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I did search...

But... Everyone seems keen on upsizing tyres to improve handling...

I am willing to compromise on handling... I was better ride comfort... I currently have 155/65 R13... Would 155/ 70 R13 Turanza's fit??? Will it provide a comfy ride???
Old 28th December 2006, 10:39   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

MODS: Sorry for multiple posting... After reading through all the threads i could find... Got to update...

Guys, Please help... Am even more confused now...

1. I cant go for alloys right now... Am sticking with the stock rims of the wagonR... i read a lot on tubeless tyres on steel rims... And i guess, it wont be much of an issue if i drive rather carefully... So, am considering going in for tubeless most probably... But, not low profile, cause i dont want a damaged rim (till i can switch to alloys)

2. The company recommended sizes are 145/ 70 R13 radials and 155/65 R13 tubeless... Which one is a better bet??? Will the ride quality suffer with 155/65 tubeless???

3. nkapoor777 recommended 155/65 R13 Michelin energy xm1, which seems to offer good ride... But not sure about its availabilty in trivandrum... Have asked the trivandrum guys for help...

4. Only other 155/65 i could find was appollo accelere... But, after reading the threads, i dont know if its good choice...

5. bridgestone dealer is insisting i go for 155/70 R13 (santro size) rather than company recommended 155/65... Have seen one duo in team- bhp with 155/70 Turanza... However, will there be any negatives effects??? Also

6. 145/70 R13 tubeless is available with good year... But, am not for the configuration, as my first priority is ride comfort...

7. Stick to 145/70 R13 MRF ZVTS or 155/65 R13 Bridgestone s322 (tube type)

WHat do you guys suggest??? And please... some guys help...
Old 28th December 2006, 12:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

2. The company recommended sizes are 145/ 70 R13 radials and 155/65 R13 tubeless... Which one is a better bet??? Will the ride quality suffer with 155/65 tubeless???
Both will give u same ride quality as the sidewall width is almost same....Rest will depend on the tyre u choose

Quote:
3. nkapoor777 recommended 155/65 R13 Michelin energy xm1, which seems to offer good ride... But not sure about its availabilty in trivandrum... Have asked the trivandrum guys for help...
This tyre is available in TVM i think..I'll confirm u later
[/quote]
Quote:
4. Only other 155/65 i could find was appollo accelere... But, after reading the threads, i dont know if its good choice...
Accelere is a good tyre especially if u need ride quality

Quote:
5. bridgestone dealer is insisting i go for 155/70 R13 (santro size) rather than company recommended 155/65... Have seen one duo in team- bhp with 155/70 Turanza... However, will there be any negatives effects???
No, try to avoid that...It will increase your GC n may even affect the handling

Quote:
6. 145/70 R13 tubeless is available with good year... But, am not for the configuration, as my first priority is ride comfort...
I never had a good experience with Goodyear....Try ZVTS, Acceleres n Michelin XM1

Quote:
7. Stick to 145/70 R13 MRF ZVTS or 155/65 R13 Bridgestone s322 (tube type)

WHat do you guys suggest??? And please... some guys help...
Anytime in doubt go for ZVTS (cheap n best for indian conditions) but wont give u amazing ride quality

Go for any of these two sizes 145/70-13 or 155/65-13
First check out which all tyres are available.. then let us know or choose the best u think....
Michelins are the best in terms of ride quality

KP
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2006, 17:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

CD - I agree with KP & would go for 155/65 R13 Michelin's. They are good tyres & please avoid Goodyear's.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2006, 08:58   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

thanks kp zen and iraghava...

My first choice will be Michelins... But... I have no idea if they are available... Wonder why none of the tvm guys are responding!!!

What should be my second choice if they are not available??? Accelere??? (For ride comfort?)