Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th October 2006, 16:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
Most of the cars/vehicles that I've seen with visors have them visors broken around the edges. Is it a very flimsy thingamajig? And to fix this visors do they screw it in or just stick to the windows? And once if this contraption is fitted, does it have to replaced every time it breaks? (If you dont, would you be seeing marks of the previous visor?)
It is stuck like the bumper guards... I will post the pic of my alto with that
dsinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 16:07   #17
BHPian

Old 24th October 2006, 20:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
It might be simpler to NOT SMOKE inside the car, but then its your car and therefore your prerogative.
What gets really annoying when ppl smoke IN the car is throwing out their cigratte buds or the ash of the cigratte out of the car. which is dangerous for ppl who are driving on the road.

Small incident:

I was crusing smothly on my bike about 45 to 50 kmph. a car was in front of me and yeah the dirver and passenger smoking and throwing their as out the window. at one point of time the freakin buring ash caming out of the window and left a small mark in my skin (burn mark) and it was a sting to my hand. i tried stopping them but those smokers sped away.
i mean guys who smoke in car (no offense) plz watch out where u throw ur cig buds and ash. caz it is a lil dangerours for motorists who r driving on the road....

Last edited by nosfreak : 24th October 2006 at 20:56.
nosfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 21:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

And some visors of bad quality are screwed on as well..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz
It is stuck like the bumper guards... I will post the pic of my alto with that
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 21:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

DSINZ: sorry for going off topic..The ext antenna (the type that comes in BMW 7 series) stuck near the rear windscreen is a decorative item or functional as well? if functional then did you drill a hole in the body of the Alto to wire in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 23:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
all your suggestions require a lot of effort and patience.what do i do if in the first 10 min of driving around i smoke 2 cigs. all that effort gone to waste.
This might help with ambi-Pur there is a freshner called After Tobacco.. smells the best and is highly effective I somke approx 12 cigs a day in my car alone being in delhi heat I sometimes don't even roll down the damn window..

Just putting the vent on fresh air, rolling the window down a lil and after tobacco fragrance will do a good trick.

Smoking : A phonomenon in which the paper roll has fire on one end and a fool at the other..... but
Speedme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 00:13   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@dsinz:these are pretty small to deflect any rain/wind.do they serve their purpose because i wanted to put these but the accessory shop ownertold me to go for the bigger ones which cover 1/3 of the window.
@gd1418:the ext. antennae/fin spoiler is a purley decorative item.it comes with double sided 3m tape on the bottom.reatils for about 80 odd bucks.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 00:15   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak
What gets really annoying when ppl smoke IN the car is throwing out their cigratte buds or the ash of the cigratte out of the car. which is dangerous for ppl who are driving on the road.
well i for one always exinguish my cigs in the ash tray and periodically clean it when the car is stationary.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 08:59   #24
BHPian

@ hellspawn: I thought let the visors do what it can do the max and I thought it mite look cool on the car... So "Some Functionality + Style element" was the reason behind putting those.

@ GD1418: Purely decorative purpose. Do not want to drill on any part of the car
Old 26th October 2006, 01:38   #25
BHPian

these things are also called as "door visors" in most of the accessory shops. The ones we get in india are too small, and not worth it. back down under, i had it on my car there and they were pretty big and gave a real nice look also doing their job.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote