Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th November 2006, 12:16   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
The honda 1.3 does produce around 92 BHP so you are better off than many of us..
plus those horses are pure samurai horses and korean mules
abhijit 2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2006, 14:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284
plus those horses are pure samurai horses and korean mules
How many horses does a stock OHC Type-1 1.5 produce? How much does this go to after a typhoon intake and performance muffler (if that helps at all)
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 02:27   #33

Default ecu

hi,

after the filter and the ffe i have decided to mod the ecu....

could someone please specify the steps involved ..???

any technical information about the OHC 1.3 engine,and the ECU would be helpfull.....thanx again

thank you,
arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 10:47   #34

Default current status of ur 1.3 exi

Hi,
Shri here from Pune.

How's ur ride doing?
LAst year i got myself a 1.3 exi with 65k on the odo.
Even Im looking for some one who has modded a 1.3 which I see you have. I need ur honest feedback re FF / K&N/ filters/Plugs/auspension.
If u cud drop ur mobile no I could call u up.
regards,
/shri
nfs250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 10:31   #35
BHPian

Hi! I got a 1.3 OHC (2001) at home! That car you could say has hardly been used! In 8 years, the car has 36000kms on the odo! I'm planning to to a level-1 mod job, but my cash inflow is on a monthly basis! Have about 12k in hand which could be stretched to about 15k so what do you think I should start with?
sgchaudhuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 15:41   #36
BHPian

@ sgchaudhuri: for 15k you could get yourself an FFE and a filter..now it depends where you are.are you in calcutta or banglore?
wildchild4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 22:15   #37
BHPian

@wildcjild4lyfe: The car is in Cal! I plan to get it done up there! Since, I'm studying in Bangalore, I have the privilege of also sourcing parts from here as well... what are my options? What header should I get? I have heard of many experienced people/companies in BLR and BOM but no one has mentioned anyone/anything from Cal? Should I drag a custom made headers from BLR to Cal or should I get 1 from AutoMech or can someone suggest anyone in Cal itself? Please HELP!
Thanks,
Souvik!
Old 21st November 2009, 14:11   #38
BHPian

hey souvik..!
i would totally support you getting headers made from banglore.im not a big fan of automech as they are a one size fits all type of exhausts and they all sound the same.but then again since your car is in cal they would both be the same.anyways if you take it from banglore atleast you have the option of it sounding better..
Old 21st November 2009, 15:19   #39
BHPian

Hi, if you are not too keen on the sound. I would say , just go for the headers and remove the CAT-CON (replace it with straight pipe) this will for sure result performance improvement and save you a lot of money. With the money saved, get a nice conical with custom pipe and heat shield.

Rear mufflers are for sound and fancy ( In my opinion )

I have had a bitter experience. So, my advise to you would be is to get the headers fitted by the same guys who make it.

If you order from a different city, then sending it back and waiting for another one in case of a issue could be tiresome and frustrating.
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 15:24   #40
BHPian

yea just getting headers is also a good option but then i dont support your point when you say that endcans are just for sound.
Old 21st November 2009, 16:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
yea just getting headers is also a good option but then i dont support your point when you say that endcans are just for sound.
true, my opinion is based on what people say...just changing the end can alone does not add to any gains ! I could be wrong... there is so much of mixed opinions around lol, without a dyno, nobody can substantiate their views/claims
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 16:35   #42
BHPian

yes thats true.just an end car would just give you sound and a marginaly marginal and some more marginal increase in the response. LOL!
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:54   #43
BHPian

Thanks for all the info; but I'm still confused but at least, I now have a clearer picture!
If I do go for just headers and save some money there, what filter should I go for? Conical K&N or green? How much would the piping cost me and should I get the Aluminium ones?
Good news is that I'm throwing away my Cassette player that came company fitted!!! I started buying parts for my ICE! Bought a 12" JBL Sub and an JBL 2-channel amp! Hu will be bought in Cal!
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:26   #44
BHPian

Neat!!..well i think you should go for the K&N from experience.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:00   #45
Senior - BHPian

with 15k, i think you can get decent free flow. put a K&N or green conical. both are good. you may not go for the aluminium pipes unless you want to save some weight. i had a heavy gauge stainless steel pipe.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote