Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th October 2006, 21:52   #1

I'm planning on putting on rubber beadings on the doors and bumpers of my
swift vxi. Its metallic azure grey in colour. I scratched a lot of paint on my car.
How effective will it be? I mean can i save my car from scratches and dents.
What is your opinion on the look of the car with those rubber beadings and
how much would it cost?

I need to put sun film on the windows as well, it should keep the interior cool.
In the afternoon its almost like burning while driving. Give some advice? The
cost, good brands, the shade matching my car.

Will sun film reduce the glare produced from other vehicle head lights in
night driving?

As i said earlier, i scratched the left back door and the qarter panel behind that.
I gave it to AVG Thiruvalla. They gave an estimate of 3000Rs, and if i claim
insurance it would cost 500Rs, and the car will remain in AVG for the 2 weeks.
I gave it this 18th, and they said i can pick it up this monday.

I heard that its a bad idea claiming insurance for small dents and scratches. So
i called them up and asked and they said that if i don't claim for one year then
i get a no claim bonus, that is some benefits. What exactly is that?

How much would it cost to have the left back door and quarter panel repainted if
i had given it to a local workshop?

Thanks guys, hope to get some repies soon.
micraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 23:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

well if u have to get it repainted then do it from the Maruti service centre itself....cause the paint colour might not match if u do it outside.

well rubber straps(400 to 800/- )on the bumper is always a good thing will save u from the corners getting scrached but the stick on one dont really last..they sag and fall off.....well dont get door straps unless from the company but they r expensive around 2000/-

tints u could put vcool thats expensive around 7000/- they are transparent..so then u could put a layer of black tints on tht for show..

do it from your AVG Thiruvalla...and dont waste your insurance!!!!
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 23:51   #3

hi danlalan,
I got it done my AVG. What do u mean don't waste my insurance, do i have a limit on my insurance. Could you be more specific on what you meant please, thanks.

7000/- thats really expensive, AVG said that they have it for 1450Rs with different shades, that if i come there i can choose.

Thanks guys.
micraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2006, 12:41   #4

VCool is expensive but worth the cost. Though I haven't used it. It was from the inputs of the members that led me to believe it.

Again I was also of the same school of though that Insurance should not be claimed for small dents. Now I don't follow that though anymore.

Assuming you do not claim insurance and then repaint the vehicle with your money. Then if in case there are more dents/or any insurance covered repairs before the insurance expires what would you do? Use insurance as it is meant to be.
anupamsinha is offline   Reply With Quote