Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 28th October 2006, 01:24   #1

[FONT=Verdana]Hi Guys, I own a WagonR Vxi March 2005 model (Euro III, 32bit ECM). Since first day I have maintained car very well and it returns 13 kpl in Pune city driving with AC 50% on. Well… not bad! But in quest of extracting more mileage and that extra power I have changed OEM filter to K&N stock replacement filter. To be frank haven’t observed noticeable change both in mileage and performance. Trying hard to stay away from temptation of further mods because afraid of getting warranty void (have 2 years extended warranty as well).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Recently after face lifted version of WagonR, all auto mags have written about remapped ECM of new wagonR which has enhanced both efficiency and performance. I was wondering if it’s true or just another marketing gimmick from MUL. And if its true, is it feasible to get my ECM remapped? Since I have same 32 bit ECM used in new car I guess it shouldn’t be a problem. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Please help me to find if it’s possible or not. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Thanks a lot indeed [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Cheers, Sandeep[/FONT]
sashsania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2006, 09:33   #2
NIX

I reckon its simply a marketing gimmick ! Dont worry !

Cheers!

Nix
NIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2006, 19:45   #3

No Sir,
I am having the all new wagonr i think that thre is difference between the new and the old one as i have driven both and there is a difference of 1 kmpl in mileage ie the new one gives me 14 with A/C on.
But i think it is not a good reason for remapping ECU as there is only difference of 1kmpl or it could becouse my car is new one. But surely the performance is same as the old one
Shahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2006, 22:26   #4
BHPian

Hi,

I believe maruti would'nt be faking it.

You might have to buy a new ecu, as facilities to remap oem ecus are not usually available to the end user.
rdkarthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2006, 23:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahnawaz
No Sir,
I am having the all new wagonr i think that thre is difference between the new and the old one as i have driven both and there is a difference of 1 kmpl in mileage ie the new one gives me 14 with A/C on.
But i think it is not a good reason for remapping ECU as there is only difference of 1kmpl or it could becouse my car is new one. But surely the performance is same as the old one
hmmm....

1 kmpl difference is good... I guess i should also ask about the remap...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2006, 23:55   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik
Hi,

I believe maruti would'nt be faking it.

You might have to buy a new ecu, as facilities to remap oem ecus are not usually available to the end user.
Hmmnnnn... dont think its worth buying the whole new ecm.

Anyways, thanks for your views. Planning to visit Maruti Service Centre next week, let you guys know if any luck.

Crazy Driver: you also share with us if you hear from someone on this.
sashsania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2006, 01:08   #7
BANNED

It'll be better to remap the ECU by an expert tuner rather than going for the stock MUL mapping.

That 1.1L engine is quiet a good efficient, powerful one. Adding a big air filter, headers & FFE will improve the engine characteristics by a big margine.
And with a gentle foot, you'll be able to extract a good improved mileage after these mods.

And the performance will be enticing too!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote