Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 28th July 2017, 17:44   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Plug & Play Unichip Install - Innova Crysta 2.8 AT

Forgot to mention this in my previous post. I also had the decat done on Monday at Carmed. So its faster spooling now and the noise is not that much louder over my exsiting setup with Magnaflow muffler.

PS: No smoke

Reg EGR block, its not always based on airflow if someone is scratching their heads.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 21:34   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Downpipe

Finally bit the bullet, was on my list of things to do from the very beginning and has been procrastinating it ever since. Last week I got the exhaust decatted as a stop gap measure and now going for the pipe as planned. The pipe will be similar to the one in the picture below and will take a month probably to reach me as its being hand carried.

Plug & Play Unichip Install - Innova Crysta 2.8 AT-14709627_377302792610475_3341781609111093248_n.jpg

This is being imported, the welds look real nice.

Due to the design of the stock cat con with no bends and being almost straight it works good by just hollowing it out, much better than stock.

Last edited by Sankar : 1st August 2017 at 21:53.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 23:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Downpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This is being imported, the welds look real nice.
Nice!!

Any reason for not going with locally made custom downpipe? It would have worked out much cheaper I believe.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:30   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Downpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Nice!!

Any reason for not going with locally made custom downpipe? It would have worked out much cheaper I believe.
Yes, would have been cheaper if done locally. But this is well made plus not many options here where im based at.
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:57   #35
BHPian

How your EGT guage performs, any pictures?.
dracul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 15:58   #36
BHPian

Have you timed the 0-100 after all these mods, personally I believe 40-120, 20-80 times are more relevant.
ecenandu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 11:34   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
How your EGT guage performs, any pictures?.
I have not yet installed the probe into the exhaust stream. Regarding performance of the gauge I don't think there is anything to be concerned about because people who recommended this gauge to me is happy with Auber and it is very responsive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Have you timed the 0-100 after all these mods, personally I believe 40-120, 20-80 times are more relevant.
I have removed the Unichip temporarily, so this will have to wait. Mine is not MT so it will kick down if you are expecting in-gear figures.
Old 19th August 2017, 22:22   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Unichip Removed Temporarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have removed the Unichip temporarily, so this will have to wait.
Let me share the reason also so that its clear. There used to be a slight hesitation between 2000 and 3000RPM when driving the vehicle. At first this didn't seemed to be a concern and was supposed to have been fixed during the retune, which was scheduled for July end. Now since it didnt happen as scheduled I am waiting for another appointment, which would probably take another month.

Its not easy to convince others about the hesitation which can be felt by all. So till retune happens Im running it with the chip removed, now its smooth. Helps to avoid questions.

I must say thay with hollowed out catcon, egr block, tb plate delete and a straight through exhaust the vehicle is more fun than a stock Crysta. Even with stock ECU settings.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote