Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th April 2011, 22:47   #226
BHPian

Default re: Amaron batteries

After 32 months my Prestolite (cold guard) battery was feeling worn out , it could have gone a little further but I don’t want to take any chances.
Since I am due to change my old friend M-800 (5-speed), I don’t want to shell out too much hence started searching for the cheapest reliable battery which money can buy. I found the Amaron Fresh rage of battery with 12 month warranty; 35Ah costed me Rs.2150 after giving the old battery.
Some of the features as per Amaron
• Long life - Thanks to the reformulated Advanta paste recipe.
• Maintenance Free - High heat technology, premium silver alloys (SILVEN X) for alow-corrosion and no top-ups experience.
• Factory Charged - Wet Shipped and ready to fit.

Best thing what I liked is that this battery is totally sealed, and is factory charged hence no tampering /abuse by the battery dealers.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 16:59   #227
BHPian

Smile re: Amaron batteries

After almost 3 years(out of which 2 years car was mostly driven occasionally as i was out of country) of my SWIFT VDI running, Company fitted Exide battery went kaput one day!

Initially there was an indication that there is water in the fuel filter though i had 40k servicing done just about 1 month back. Called up the MSM technical guy, he said bring it to service center, we will get the filter problem rectified. But since i was supposed to travel to Chandigarh the next day, i could not do so. I came back to delhi in 2 days time & next day early morning was ready to beat the traffic to leave at 7:30 am but to my dismay, the battery went dead, though my central locking was working.

That day I got an opportunity to get a feel of travelling from Delhi to Gurgaon via Metro & was not disappointing except the time taken to reach office

Through a close friend of mine, got the Car Battery replaced from EXIDE to AMARON FLO & cost I paid for it was Rs. 5700.

Now the car is working pretty fine & looking forward to keep you guys updated on the performance of the battery.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 17:45   #228
Senior - BHPian

A few days back, my Suzuki Fiero had her battery changed from Exide to Amaron Pro Bike Rider zero maintenance battery [sealed unit] costing Rs 750 inclusive of discount and exchange of old battery. It has 2 years free replacement warranty and the next 2 years pro-rata warranty [gradually decreasing discount for the next replacement]. I wanted to try Amaron for the first time as my cars and bike have been getting their energy from Exide only so far. Let me see Amaron's performance.
J.Ravi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 11:44   #229
Senior - BHPian

My Accent 2005 so 6 years old battery died. OEM must have been exide.

Getting a Amaron today if I find a dealer.

Hyundai Accent Petrol GLE 1.5 - How much should the battery be ?
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 18:53   #230
Senior - BHPian

Took me 2 days of deciding - The Accent & Civic share the same battery hence prices are qute expensive for these batteries.

Finally decided to go for the AMARON PRO ( MRP 5742.00 packed 04/11 ), got it for 5500.00 less 700.00 for the old exide freedom.

So total damage - 4800.00

60 months guarantee / warranty. 50 rupees fitting on sight. Car started instantly
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 13:04   #231
BHPian

My 4 year and 6 month old Exide on my Getz has finally given up!

Can anyone PM me the number of a Amaron dealer/retailer in East Delhi (I.P. Extension)? I would like to have someone come in and change the battery at my house itself.

Thanks in advance
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 14:39   #232
BHPian

My 4.8 year old Exide battery on the Innova died last night. The mobile support for Toyota brought a new exide costing 6000 and I refused them since it carried only 1 year warranty.

Do we get Amaron for Innova's too? what are the specifications and how much would it cost?
Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 18:00   #233
BHPian

Could not manage an Amaron. Dealer does not have stock and settled for a bosch 65AH S4 silver battery. The cost was Rs 4400/- after discounts and taking the old battery.
Need to fix it and check.
Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 14:11   #234
Senior - BHPian

My civic (bought used) has a amaron battery (it says 60 months on the side) with a mfg date 07/08.Trouble is i don't know if it's july 2008 or aug 2007 .Any suggestions what year the battery is ?

thanks
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 15:27   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
My civic (bought used) has a amaron battery (it says 60 months on the side) with a mfg date 07/08.Trouble is i don't know if it's july 2008 or aug 2007 .Any suggestions what year the battery is ?

thanks

Going by the Indian way of writing dates 07/08 should mean July 2008. The battery also carries a sticker on top, which the dealer can decipher & you will know exactly !!

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 01:16   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikr View Post
Bought Amaron GO 38B20R for Santro today. The OEM Exide ones lasted 52 months and then slowly started dying.

Quoted price : 3500
Old battery traded in for : 500
Discount : 50,

so got them fitted for 2950.
My 4 year old amaron went kaput
Cant find any bosh batteries anywhere.

Can you give the dealer information please?
I was quoted 3,500 for the same battery after exchange.

Another option given -
Amaron Black 400RMF for 2,500 after exchange of my old amaron, 18 months warranty
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 01:24   #237
BHPian

The dealer is called Battery Nest and is on C.M.H Road at Indiranagar. If you know M.K.Ahmad store (the old one), on C.M.H road, you will find this next to the store. Its a small shop. Just curious, haven't the battery prices gone up in the last year or so?

Last edited by kaushikr : 9th September 2011 at 01:25. Reason: Grammer
kaushikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 01:26   #238
Senior - BHPian

Really not sure about battery prices, What was the printed mrp when you got yours?
Right now the printed price was 3,8xx
Old 9th September 2011, 12:36   #239
BHPian

Default Tata Green battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

thanks

Yeah, going by the Indian way 07/08 surely means July 2008. So your battery in July'08 make.

Last month the battery of my ANHC went kaput when I was all set to go outstation and was waiting for a friend outside his house. It was a two year old battery which I got during purchase of my car in July'09. It was some Japanese make called Fukokawa or something. Can't remember the exact name.
Luckily found a battery shop close by who came and checked the battery. He said the battery needs renewal. I was offered Tata Green with 3 years replacement warranty for exchange of my old battery. Total cost 3600/-
On installing the battery the car started instantly and no troubles so far.
Initially I was confused as to shall I go for Tata Green or Amaron but had no option as no other shops in close vicinity and I was getting late for my trip.
But looks like Tata Green is a good and cheap option for Amaron.
Any inputs from your side guys?
Vtecguy7166 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 13:31   #240
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody recommend a reputable battery dealer in Bangalore? preferably in Hebbal, Sanjay nagar, Sadashivanagar area.
Other than Amaron, any Bosh dealers around here?